Has any online wallet been hacked before? - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Digicoin

Has any online wallet been hacked before?

I am use myetherwallet, and until now it has never been hacked. instead of having to use an exchange that sometimes has problems I better use an online wallet. I use myetherwallet's ERC 20. But it  is possible for hackers to hack online wallets because there is no really safe place in the internet, hackers can always find a way to enter or breach a system. No matter how secured it is, they can still enter it, they just have to study the structure and algorithms and then they can now enter the system. 

I cant mention any name but I have heard about hacking about online wallet and investors has lost their asset. you also should not hold your asset to the exchange wallet. you can use hardware wallet for storing asset safely.

On 12/16/2019 at 9:19 PM, Bijoy52 said:

In my view, online wallets are better than exchange sites like yobit, many exchange sites usually have a lot of security done, like you don't have online wallets, there are some wallets that get hacked, I think online exchange sites are the best for me.  It seems

To be honest exchanges are more prone to hacking because it contains millions of money unlike online wallet they can only hack few wallets.

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

I think no. Exchanges have been hacked. But i did not listen about any wallet to be hacked. Only people scamed innocent peoples.

what I know from my friend is we have to activate the security in the wallet that has been provided and we have to secure our password so it is not tracked by hackers, and we must be vigilant of that.

On 12/14/2019 at 8:58 AM, Digicoin said:

I want to know if there is any online wallet that been compromised before. So, that we can know maybe online wallets is actually better than exchanges for safe keeping Crypto.

I don't know if that happens already but I already experience or my friend experience that his wallet is been hacked by an anonymous person. He doesn't get back his wallet and his earning and that's a sad news. So now, we are always protecting our wallet with all cost.

They will hacked youre wallet if they know youre password as well as pincode..and put always 2authy in all of youre acct.

I don't know much about it scamers and hackers keep finding new ways to rob people you can save your coins at coinbase blockchain may ether wallet other than this You can also use yobit poloniex binance exchange 

i think Atomic and blockhain wallet is one of the best wallet .  This wallet is very secu. Because this wallet not any spacefic eamil and passow. This Wallet has personal private key as like ERC20 wallet. This reason this is the best wallet.     

Online wallets are known to be less secure compared to hardware or physical paper wallets. If you don't know what you are doing, you will most likely be better off just printing your wallet QR code on a piece of paper. Be careful everyone!

22 hours ago, DIWANI said:

What I know from a friend is that you need to be careful, because you need to enable protection on the provided wallet and protect your password from hacking.

I think the guys is asking if online wallets ever got hacked not the user of that wallet, and the answer is nt, because on online wallets user still has control of his money and not the site.

I think many are hacked but no one is reporting these. Hackers are very articulate and if you do not take care of making a strong password, then you are very vulnerable of being hacked.

15 minutes ago, Mi2 said:

I think many are hacked but no one is reporting these. Hackers are very articulate and if you do not take care of making a strong password, then you are very vulnerable to being hacked.

Most people that got hacked just ignoring it because they know that they can recover their funds no matter how hard they report and track the hackers.

Almost all the crypto projects used to be hacked. Because hackers won't miss a chance to steal someone's money even in crypto

I've read reports about this on BCT before, and there's an entire section about online wallets there.  You never know if anything that gets written is true, but I tend to believe stories like this.  Blockchain.info is one of those stories that stuck out in my mind.  I think there were at least 2 members who'd gotten their wallets hacked and those issues never got resolved. 

Stay away from online wallets, that's my advice to any newbies.

• Useful or interesting 1

Since I started my cryptocurrencies world journey, I never get heard with such news like that. But I always get heard about exchanges platforms only which is getting hacked

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

On 12/14/2019 at 8:58 AM, Digicoin said:

I want to know if there is any online wallet that been compromised before. So, that we can know maybe online wallets is actually better than exchanges for safe keeping Crypto.

Depends on what online wallet you are talking about. If you are talking about those considered as hot wallet, such as those wallet that transacts fast, but you don't have the private key, but instead an account in their website, they could be pretty easily get hacked if you fall to some phishing scam.

Online website accounts are easier to crack, private keys are impossible to crack as of now. And thus, having an online wallet does impose more risk than having a cold wallet/hardware wallet that stays off the internet.

It is better not to use online wallets. If you have an amount of cryptocurrencies you consider decent and valuable then you should buy a hardware wallet like Ledger Nano. This was only you will be safe. 

Greetings, my friend
My friend, I have not heard of a crypto wallet penetration
Read about hacking crypto trading platforms

I do not know whether this is true or not, but they say that some part of the wallet Cryptonator hacked, and because of this, the accounts of many users began to disappear money

Almost all sorts of online wallets are likely to be hacked, and one of the reasons is that hackers are so many albums right now and they are using different tactics to trick people and hence make them fools of their privateHackers are taking passwords and data from them, and that is why they are using any kind of online wallet to fool anyone, and now there are some online ones that I think are completely out of placeAmong them is the Atomic Wallet

On 12/25/2019 at 1:59 AM, Yomeukhere said:

Yes. There are several news about that. The most important hackings have affected some exchanges that also have been acting as online multiwallet platforms. Be careful with any online system. 

To be honest there is no an online wallet ever been hacked, just these exchanges, and note; they are not wallets.

1 hour ago, Yomeukhere said:

Only one example of several cases: 'In a “preliminary statement” published on its blog on Thursday, cryptocurrency wallet service GateHub has warned that over 100 customers have had their ledger wallets hacked and funds stolen.'

Source: https://www.tripwire.com/state-of-security/featured/cryptocurrency-wallet-gatehub-hacked/

ooh! but still there are few cases like that fr online wallets compared to the exchanges sites.