Has any online wallet been hacked before? - Page 14 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Digicoin

Has any online wallet been hacked before?

In my knowledge, not a single online wallet been hacked. But I know that so many individuals who has account on online wallet has lost their earnings. Anyway this is not the problem of online wallets security. The problem is caused by the carelessness of the individual itself. Do not fall for any hacking sites.

On 12/14/2019 at 1:59 PM, febriyana said:

If your question about online wallet based web wallet, i think that is possible.

Because the private key is never given to us. There is possibility the web owner faking the issue, so they say wallet get hacked, but the reality they take your fund without any confirmation.

But for online wallet like dekstop and mobile wallet. I never hear get hacked.

Because basicly wallet have strong security behind it, where the encryption is better than https also to enter to the fund you must get some node confirmation from blockchain.

So overall wallet get hacked because the owner is careless or fraud.

So many wallets have been hacked and this is true becasue the security of that wallets are not strong and that is the reason that the wallets are hacked and peoples will lose their money.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

I don't know or I did not heard of it before but I will advice you to be very careful because nothing is impossible so choose wisely the site you are going use I will suggest you use yobit ...

• +2 1

On 12/14/2019 at 5:58 AM, Digicoin said:

I want to know if there is any online wallet that been compromised before. So, that we can know maybe online wallets is actually better than exchanges for safe keeping Crypto.

Dude the wallets itself  had  not ever hacked by  the scammers but they try to steal money from the accounts and wallets of people. We should be safe and Secure our personal accounts from them

• +1 1

I have know any idea if any online wallet has been hacked before but am sure that a lot of people have been scammed from their wallets and their money are all stolen from them

• +1 1

I have no idea on any wallet that has been hacked before but there are lot of people who lost their money in the wallet through making transactions to wrong addresses which will never be refund I will advice my fellow members to be careful and mindful when making transactions in order not to send money to wrong wallet and addresses so let's be careful 

We hear a lot about stealing money inside the wallet by scoring, but I know that the cold wallet can never be stolen and it is very safe but expensive. 

On 12/14/2019 at 2:58 AM, Digicoin said:

I want to know if there is any online wallet that been compromised before. So, that we can know maybe online wallets is actually better than exchanges for safe keeping Crypto.

I don’t know. I did not hear the matter. I think it is possible to hack Internet-related wallets by hacking your laptop or phone. Wallets are safe, but the phone can be hacked

On 12/14/2019 at 2:58 AM, Digicoin said:

Perhaps in general the wallets are secure and cannot be hacked, but fraudsters can steal what the wallet contains by hacking your device or gain access to the secret keys.

• +3 1

16 hours ago, YASIR KHAN said:

There are many hackers available in digital playground and they are always ready to hit you up. So in my opinion we should find a wallet which can't be cracked and hacked by any kind of scammers. I think that yobit is the best thing in order to prevent scammers. 

@YASIR KHAN  There is nothing impossible everyone knows how much ledger nano secured, but ledger nano also hacked by hackers and send pishing e-mails those account holder's,

so take extra care about our assets and divide our assets into parts and store in different wallets, yobit one of the secured exchange but in crypto history most of hackers success in hack exchange and exchange wallets so be careful.

I think yobit wallet is more popular.  Also I think it is a much safer wallet.  I have heard many wallets have been hacked, but I have never heard of yobit wallet being hacked.  So I think yobit wallet would be best for keeping currency.

• +3 1

I do not know. I think you can do a search on Google or any other search engine that has broken your purse in the past. You can have a secure vault that can be used to collect your coins. I do not like to use e-wallets to store coins, as their facilities may be compromised and we will not be able to withdraw the currency. If their website is compromised, the vault provider is at risk. It's best to use an offline vault so you can control and save your post.

I don't have idea if an online wallet has ever been hacked but I do know that peoples private wallet are hacked as a result of carelessness by the owners of the wallet.

• +1 1

I had an online wallet that was hacked however the was very little in it to take clearly the programmers got my email and secret key from a phony crypto website I enrolled on.

Well, I'd been encountering different online wallets which i seemingly temper and approach some of them but like seriously, I've never witness or experience any one that is ever hacked before.

So i can't actually testify about this topic mate but i shall keep visiting the topic so as to hear from the top senior members.

Hi friends, seriously am not familiar with much wallet. What I know is that many people close to me complain about their wallet been hacked and cause a lot of set back for them

I do not think that the password is broken and hacked directly, but if personal information is given or the hacker is hacked, the person can take over the account or if the login and registration is made on a fake site, thus the password is revealed

• +2 1

I don't know much details. But i heard from one of my friends that they saw many people wallet have been hacked . Because of lack of security hackers hack their account. So i think wallet security should increase more for sake of customers.

I would say that there is probably a possibility of hacking and one of the reasons is that hackers have a lot of albums at the moment and they are using different tricks to deceive people and so they are fooling their private hackers by taking passwords and data from them and that is why they are  Using any kind of online wallet to fool someone, and now there are some online ones that I think are completely out of place, many of them are nuclear wallets.  I usually created separate passwords to be secure and usually I cracked a 2FA verification to make my account more secure.

I've never met anyone before. His wallet was stolen online, but I heard about some people by reading some of the posts here. They lost their money either through theft or by sending the money to the wrong address.
Theft can happen over the Internet, so you have to pay attention.

• +1 1

It is my friend that Internet wallets contain a high level of security, so no hacker can penetrate them, and this is what makes you rest assured about this topic

As I know wallets cannot be hacked because the wallets are not transferring funds like exchanges do, because in order for platform to be hacked is only when they are transfering funds from cold storage wallet to another wallet, but wallets its own can never transfer funds because they are the keeper of people funds including exchanges they are keeping money in exchanges. 

I also don't know personally someone who have lost his money by scam in online wallets. But I have read few posts in the Cryptotalk forum sharing there experience of losing money through scam. My dear friend, scammers are more active to steal the money, it depends on us that what can we do for secure our wallet. The only way of securing the wallet is to enable 2fa security system that helps you to strong your security of wallet.

"You must have to take decision on Merit.💯"

"If you find my post useful, then give positive reputation.❤️"

"If you find my post useless, then give me negative reputation.🙂"

The security of online wallets are always risky. Online wallets are mostly attacked by hackers and your money is stolen. Offline wallets are more safe. Among o know yobit is tight secured one wallet. 

• +1 1

Very good information for us my dear friend yes online wallet has been hacked before there aremany friend working online site has money has been stolen by hacker or scammer when some member share his password or personal information then the hacker can easly stolen his money 

• +1 1