Has any online wallet been hacked before? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Digicoin

Has any online wallet been hacked before?

I want to know if there is any online wallet that been compromised before. So, that we can know maybe online wallets is actually better than exchanges for safe keeping Crypto.

I don't know any specific wallet but I know some people who they have been hacked before in their wallet, I mean hackers are following the accounts in that wallet not the wallet itself, in online wallets you should activate all the security features are available in that wallet 

• Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 3
  • +2 4
  • +3 4

I think the safest wallet is yobit. no one can break it because the security is so tight in it, other than that I don't know which wallet is the best. on yobit the cost is very cheap.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 4
  • +2 3

If there are no cases of online wallets getting compromised as a whole so far, then good. I use an online wallet, and I was actually getting worried about mine and everyone's coins getting stolen there. I thought that there were cases of online wallets getting hacked like what happened to exchanges like Binance, but it looks like there isn't too much to worry about after all.

• +1 2
  • +3 2

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

3 hours ago, Digicoin said:

I want to know if there is any online wallet that been compromised before. So, that we can know maybe online wallets is actually better than exchanges for safe keeping Crypto.

Friend! Greetings

Here is a confusion misunderstanding of concepts.

You Say: Have any online wallets been hacked before?

Online Wallets are individual or better decentralized. So it your key are stolen, then someone through phishing put access to your keys and consequently to your funds but not to other users who can use that wallet online.

Now when an exchange is compromised, your security is compromising the security of several users. 

• +1 3
  • +3 2
  • +4 1

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

I don't know about that. I think you can search on Google or another search engine so you can find which wallet that has been hacked before. You can know which wallet is safe so you can use that wallet to store your coin. I am not like to use an online wallet to store the coin because their services can be hacked, and we cannot get our coin back. The provider of the wallet itself will be in danger if their website is hacked. It is better to use offline wallets so you can have control of your coin, and you can protect yourself.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 2

Yes there are many wallets hack Because of their security reason and also bymistake it is not easy to Safe your wallet you need to follow all the Safest methods

• +2 1
  • +3 2

If your question about online wallet based web wallet, i think that is possible.

Because the private key is never given to us. There is possibility the web owner faking the issue, so they say wallet get hacked, but the reality they take your fund without any confirmation.

But for online wallet like dekstop and mobile wallet. I never hear get hacked.

Because basicly wallet have strong security behind it, where the encryption is better than https also to enter to the fund you must get some node confirmation from blockchain.

So overall wallet get hacked because the owner is careless or fraud.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +3 3

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

No i haven't seen a wallet that was hacked, it can online be phish so that they cam get your private key

• +2 1
  • +3 2

There are some cases that the online wallet are being hacked by the hackers but i didn't know the specific name of online wallet, this is a lesson thatvwe meed to look for the safest online wallet like yobit, they are assure that your coins will be protected by them.

I don't think it is possible to hack good online wallet until hacker have access to your private key at pass phrase keep them safe you will never hacked and use only trusted wallet like trust wallet coinomi and huobi wallet

• +2 1
  • +3 2

On 12/14/2019 at 8:58 AM, Digicoin said:

We seldom hear of wallet hacking but there are a lot of hacking on exchanges, that it is not safe to put your coins in exchanges, it has been said and advice so many times not to put all your coins in any exchanges for safe keeping.

• +2 1
  • +3 2

It is possible for hackers to hack online wallets because there is no really safe place in the internet, hackers can always find a way to enter or breach a system. No matter how secured it is, they can still enter it, they just have to study the structure and algorithms and then they can now enter the system. 

• +1 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

I use myetherwallet, and until now it has never been hacked. instead of having to use an exchange that sometimes has problems I better use an online wallet. I use myetherwallet's ERC 20.

• +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

Till now i haven't seen any one hacked a wallet. But sure there has been. I am a pure safe person. I don't click on unknown links and don't waste time on scams and unknown persons.

• +1 1
  • +3 2

Yes there is. The name of the online wallet is MyEtherWallet (MEW) the hackers able to get the private key of any users that log in on a specific day that they are able to break in the system of MEW.

• +3 1
  • +4 1

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

Yes, once, I performed another airdrop from telegrams and fell into a phishing site. I entered an encrypted phrase from a cryptocurrency wallet and that's it. Then I determined phishing and changed all passwords. 

• +3 1
  • +4 1

I do not know Yes sure you know that an exchange was hack like cryptopia And apart from this, technical problems often come in the exchange. I think My etherwallet  is the best wallet.Where you can protect your coin.

• +3 2
  • +4 1

I don`t know about online wallets, but I heard that some popular exchanges were hacked like Binance and others. I advise you to keep money on cold wallets 

• +3 2

I read some articles before of online wallets that being hacked. The damaged happen was cost of thousands of Bitcoins lost to many users. There is no such thing is safe on the internet.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Generally I have heard about wallet of websites exchanges, I mean those who hold their Bitcoins or Ethereum, Ripple....etc on their exchange account wallet, those websites exchange hacked and automatic the wallets also.

• +2 1
  • +3 2

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

I don't really know about the online wallet that was hacked and haven't found ecidence in fact. It's just that many of my friend and even my own cousin advised me to be wise and careful in storing your crypto coins in an online wallet. Choose online wallets that are trusted and have a good reputation.

• +3 2
  • +4 1

I heard some incident that there is some users which wallets are hacked but I think online wallets are safe then keeping coin into exchange due to we have the control of our own wallets fund but in exchange we haven't if the author want then can take away our money where you can do nothing.

• +2 1

I think there are no popular wallet that had been hacked. If you wants to use any wallet i suggest you to do your own research about that wallet. Then you can use that. I hope you understand me.