What is the difference between Libra and Bitcoin? - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

What is the difference between Libra and Bitcoin?

The Libra coin is expected to resemble Paypal and Bitcoin but with some basic differences:
The Libra currency relies on reliable real assets and currencies, which makes it more stable than a currency in Bitcoin.
- The Libra coin will also target users who do not have a bank account, but Paypal is done through electronic payment services, which are provided that there is a bank coverage.
- The Libra coin will be covered with real assets that are less risky than other cryptocurrencies, and the user will be able to convert real money to digital and vice versa without the need for a bank account, unlike a configuration currency that cannot be bought with real money or converted into real money.
- The Libra currency will be used in many international institutions such as Uber, which you can pay through, and some discounts will be applied when using the Libra digital currency for payment.
Libra is a digital currency that can be used for trading in Facebook, WhatsApp and Messenger applications, and bitcoin is only traded on specific platforms.
The Libra cryptocurrency will have an independent value and is linked to a basket of currencies, Bitcoin being a digital currency with an oscillating value.
Libra is a digital currency backed by 28 companies around the world, and with a configuration that is not supported by any official authorities.
- Libra's currency will be low-cost and faster in procedures, but Bitcoin is a high and slower currency in conducting transactions.

1 hour ago, Binbillal007 said:

The difference is very clear, Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency while libra is centralized and also libra will also be more stable than libra

It is true that Libra will be a central currency, but that will not make it more stable than Bitcoin, especially after the major problems that we saw before the start of the Libra project. If happens Libra to see the light, I do not think it would be a competitor to Bitcoin in any way.

1 hour ago, Crypto123 said:

It is true that Libra will be a central currency, but that will not make it more stable than Bitcoin, especially after the major problems that we saw before the start of the Libra project. If happens Libra to see the light, I do not think it would be a competitor to Bitcoin in any way.

Yes you are right the libra coin will be a centralize coin and i think the  libra coin price will be more stable than bitcoin and yes it libra coin would be not competitor to bitcoin because libra coin will be stable coin.

SIGNATURE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR RENT 

Libra isn't even a thing yet and probably won't ever be released, so this comparison is a bit premature.

But for argument's sake, libra is a garbage coin that would be controlled by facebook, and users would probably not have control over their private keys.  It's also a stable coin, which has already been mentioned in this thread and that's the big difference between it and bitcoin.

As we all know, bitcoin isn't controlled by anyone except those who own it.  That won't be the case with libra, and that's why I'd never own any.

• Useful or interesting 1

1 hour ago, Pearls Before Swine said:

Libra isn't even a thing yet and probably won't ever be released, so this comparison is a bit premature.

But for argument's sake, libra is a garbage coin that would be controlled by facebook, and users would probably not have control over their private keys.  It's also a stable coin, which has already been mentioned in this thread and that's the big difference between it and bitcoin.

As we all know, bitcoin isn't controlled by anyone except those who own it.  That won't be the case with libra, and that's why I'd never own any.

Yes, I think this is the most important difference and it is definitely in the interest of Bitcoin, and even if Libra was the one who created a huge company like Facebook, this would not be anything in front of the great strength of Bitcoin that he gained from people's love of Bitcoin as the first cryptocurrency and the first popular currency in the world. I don't think there is an opportunity for Libra to withstand Bitcoin.

Libra is a "Trojan Horse" is  really is continuity to traditional electronic operations only that they are blockchain technology.

It will not be very different just looking to establish the old model in  new technology BlockChain.

The main difference is that the establishment is compatible Libra and Bitcoin is the people.

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

Libra is centralize currency but Bitcoin decentralizaed.

In this time Bitcoin is most popular digital currency and it was almost hit 20k$.

Many people likes to libra because if libra coin successful launch bitcoin break his previous record, that's why  i think bitcoin more popular then libra.

21 hours ago, Binbillal007 said:

The difference is very clear, Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency while libra is centralized and also libra will also be more stable than libra

Your opinion is correct, I like your opinion.

In fact, the difference between the two is very clear, that bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency, whereas Libra will be the central currency, but that will not make it more stable than Bitcoin because after the big problems we saw before the start of the Libra project it made a problem that made many people want to rethink libra.

11 hours ago, halloweed said:

I do not understand how Libra would resemble paypal, Paypal on not even a wallet, and Libra is for from that too as it is a Cryptocurrency.

My dear, what is meant by this is that it will be a payment method like Paypal, it is of course not a wallet but it will be used as a payment system and this system will be similar to Paypal, this is what is meant by these words.

4 hours ago, Binbillal007 said:

But it will be used so much by the US, they will find a way of making it a rival to bitcoin. You know how the US operate

Yes, I know, but I think they will not succeed in this war against Bitcoin, Bitcoin is not a local currency but rather a global currency that cannot be stopped By USA or any one, and all countries that use the United States the ban against it will resort to Bitcoin and will not be interested in Libra. Basically Libra is a failed coin before it even starts.

Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and it has more authority anyway. Facebook Libra is promising to be an amazing project, but I think, that it wont` be bigger than Bitcoin 

how can you compare bitcoin with libra. That's very far, if I'm not mistaken Libra is a coin with a centralized system while bitcoin is decentralized. Maybe you can compare it to Xrp

There is a very clear and serious difference between Bitcoin and Libra. This important difference is that Bitcoin is independent and decentralized, while Libra is connected to a central organization. Bitcoin is not contrary to the vision of the crypto currency, while Libra is contrary to the vision of the crypto currency because of its centrality. Moreover, another important difference is that Libra can be controlled and monitored because of this central structure.

My main language is not English, sorry for if i made any mistake when i write a message.

Give me 💙 if my post is helpful

Thank you.

55 minutes ago, palalu said:

how can you compare bitcoin with libra. That's very far, if I'm not mistaken Libra is a coin with a centralized system while bitcoin is decentralized. Maybe you can compare it to Xrp

Yes, with you, bitcoin cannot be compared to the Libra currency, but there are some people who believe that the fact that the Libra coin was created by Facebook or in other words an American company, it is possible to compete with Bitcoin so I liked to clarify the differences so that they do not think that it can outperform Bitcoin.

5 hours ago, palalu said:

aside to libra being centralized coin it will actually be more like a stable coin like USDT and USDk and have small changes over time so its not fair comparing it to a volatile coin like bitcoin.

Many different.

Libra is centralized but for Bitcoin is decentralized. From that we can know Libra is using many company to control their blockchain, but Bitcoin don't need any investor because Bitcoin only need people who want take time to mining and also help the blockchain transaction.

Libra i think will stable because so many company back there, different with Bitcoin who based supply and demand, high volatile and speculation.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

19 hours ago, Crypto123 said:

Yes, with you, bitcoin cannot be compared to the Libra currency, but there are some people who believe that the fact that the Libra coin was created by Facebook or in other words an American company, it is possible to compete with Bitcoin so I liked to clarify the differences so that they do not think that it can outperform Bitcoin.

I think any coin will lose if against the community especially bitcoin, whether it's from America, China or any country. *cmiiw

14 hours ago, duncun007 said:

aside to libra being centralized coin it will actually be more like a stable coin like USDT and USDk and have small changes over time so its not fair comparing it to a volatile coin like bitcoin.

So libra will be a stable coin like USDT or something like that? I just found out this information, thanks for sharing.

20 hours ago, palalu said:

XRP is centralized but it is still far from been compared to Libra, Libra is a stable coin while XRP is not.

2 hours ago, palalu said:

So libra will be a stable coin like USDT or something like that? I just found out this information, thanks for sharing.

yea from what i read about it yea it seems to be a stable coin but its most likely to never end up working anyway.

57 minutes ago, Binbillal007 said:

They will not succeed, bitcoin is used by everybody by every country where it is Accepted not like a local currency. Libra is already dead before launched

yea libra is on hold for now but not completely dead and we all know mark has his ways of convincing the government to settle with him.

2 hours ago, guatazoo said:

XRP is centralized but it is still far from been compared to Libra, Libra is a stable coin while XRP is not.

yes I just found out, there was one member who told me that libra is stable coin not decentralized coin

19 minutes ago, duncun007 said:

yea from what i read about it yea it seems to be a stable coin but its most likely to never end up working anyway.

are you also one of libra investors? how do you feel about libra and how is it possible in the future?

10 minutes ago, palalu said:

are you also one of libra investors? how do you feel about libra and how is it possible in the future?

Libra hasnt been launched yet so there are no investors yet but i think even if it got approved by the US we as traders wont profit from it as much as those 27 companies that will deal with mark and Libra.

18 hours ago, palalu said:

yes I just found out, there was one member who told me that libra is stable coin not decentralized coin

yes in this forum i have learned many thing i learned that here and many more other things.

6 hours ago, Binbillal007 said:

If that is the case, he would had done it long before, how many months or years will it take, i heard the US will approve it because of China launching their own coin which is likely like libra

it takes a lot of time to pass things be the senate but i believe he will get it done, and when it comes to china the US cant actually stop it from doing anything whether its using crypto or not but we know china wont be using libra because they have their own coin in wechat app.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:32 AM, Crypto123 said:

The Libra coin is expected to resemble Paypal and Bitcoin but with some basic differences:
The Libra currency relies on reliable real assets and currencies, which makes it more stable than a currency in Bitcoin.
- The Libra coin will also target users who do not have a bank account, but Paypal is done through electronic payment services, which are provided that there is a bank coverage.
- The Libra coin will be covered with real assets that are less risky than other cryptocurrencies, and the user will be able to convert real money to digital and vice versa without the need for a bank account, unlike a configuration currency that cannot be bought with real money or converted into real money.
- The Libra currency will be used in many international institutions such as Uber, which you can pay through, and some discounts will be applied when using the Libra digital currency for payment.
Libra is a digital currency that can be used for trading in Facebook, WhatsApp and Messenger applications, and bitcoin is only traded on specific platforms.
The Libra cryptocurrency will have an independent value and is linked to a basket of currencies, Bitcoin being a digital currency with an oscillating value.
Libra is a digital currency backed by 28 companies around the world, and with a configuration that is not supported by any official authorities.
- Libra's currency will be low-cost and faster in procedures, but Bitcoin is a high and slower currency in conducting transactions.

Great shilling of this coin, you have describe all the best thing about Libracoin, but why not the cons of this coin and why the regulators are against the many features of this coin, if it's true that they are going to bring a lot of great things for the community.