What is the different between alts and Bitcoin? - Page 7 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Delgboke

What is the different between alts and Bitcoin?

From one side it is that if we compare with fiat currencies Bitcoin compared to altcoins is like US dollar compared to other currencies - US dollar is global reserve currency and as such other currencies are dependent on it. So does the altcoins - they all seem to be dependent on bitcoin. On the other side since we're talking about digital stuff - Bitcoin and altcoins are different as programming, different technology, serve for different purposes besides being just a currency.

On 1/29/2020 at 6:11 PM, jitu123321 said:

Alts- there are all coins and tokens who are get created after bitcoin and these are can execute some different usecase

Bitcoin- this is the grand father of crypto world which is created to hold some value to execute value transfer

This is true mate and when it comes to the value of it, the altcoins is just depends to the bitcoin if this will be increased or not, i hope you may understand mate, happy posting.

Atcoins are the cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin. Examples for the altcoins can be like XLM, EOS, XRP, ETH etc. We all have known, Bitcoin is the cryptocurrency in this world and it has the very expensive value in the cryptocurrency world. 

Basically bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency and this becomes the main crypto which is gaining a lot of attention and a lot of popularity. all of the other cryptocurrencies that have been created after the bitcoin, such as litecoin, ethereum and dogecoin, are all referred to as altcoins since they are not bitcoin.

Looking to earn through posting on forums? Join Beermoneyforum where you can earn up to $12 daily for your posts! Follow this link to get started: https://www.beermoneyforum.com/?inv=126648

A simple, awesome faucet with payouts in BTC and TRX. Join now at https://moremoney.io/?ref=72749

Join this awesome forum for pay per post rewards: https://bizdustry.com/?referrer=5769

Altcoins are tokens on not the same blockchains- they may or may not comprise happening by means of ICOs. That's chiefly it. Cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin are called altcoins.Bitcoin was the main cryptocurrency and had a not many limitations

On 12/7/2019 at 11:01 PM, Delgboke said:

I have been hearing altcoins since I came to know about cryptocurrency so I want to really know what differentiate altcoins and Bitcoin, for you that has been in the industry for a long time what do you have to say? 

they have different characteristics like in methods of distributing method of cash and in their economic model. I like bitcoin because you can profit from it from investing. Wait for the right time to sell.

31 minutes ago, DanCHill018 said:

Altcoins are thousands of cryptocurrencies that are somewhat similar to Bitcoin. However, Most Altcoins are no different from Bitcoin and are created for the purpose of HYIP and earning money on the project.

Bitcoin is not created for the purpose of HYIP, it is created for the purpose of decentralization, and alternative to centralized fiat that is controlled by the governments just get this rightly. 

There are differences as there names also differs, Bitcoin is  a name given to it and refers to only one while Altcoins is a general names to many coins that are profitable

Bitcoin is the parent cryptocurrency that controls the market and alts are the other other cryptocurrencies and the difference between them in different projects and the type of currency

Life is great and enjoy it

To my own understanding I think since bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency, after which it has been created, many other cryptocurrencies where now also produced, so bitcoin as the first currency remains outstanding, while other cryptocurrencies are being classified as althcoins, because not all could be mentioned, so the word althcoins is just like saying other cryptocurrencies apart from bitcoin.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 12/7/2019 at 8:31 PM, Delgboke said:

I have been hearing altcoins since I came to know about cryptocurrency so I want to really know what differentiate altcoins and Bitcoin, for you that has been in the industry for a long time what do you have to say? 

All the coins in the crypto currency market other than bitcoin are termed as the altcoins. Alternate coins actually. Bitcoin is far more lot valuable and popular than the altcoins in the market. 

Altcoins means alternative coins against bitcoin. Means to say before altcoin bitcoin are traded with fiat currencies only now more then 6000 coins and tokens which are traded on crypto currency market. So try to understand sentiment of crypto market. 

In fact, they are all currencies coded at the end, the main difference is in the projects planned for the currency so that the price rises more in addition to the amount of trading, and certainly the main difference is the strength of the encryption and safety.

Simply understand, altcoins are all currencies other than bitcoin. There are only 2 currencies: bitcoin and altcoin. altcoin is the alternative currency launched after bitcoin. among altcoins, there are differences in the basis, the way of development, the value ....

Bitcoin has been the master of all in cryptocurrency, it lead other countries and they have submitted to bitcoin, the other coins are known as altcoins

I don't think bitcoin and altcoins have any difference, because both are crypto currencies, but their projects and algorithms change bitcoin is the first crypto currency and altcoins comes to take the inspiretion of bitcoins, but works encryption and use in internet only.

Bitcoin is far more expensive than altcoin and bitcoin is far more profitable than altcoin.A lot of people trade altcoins because the potential for huge gains, fast, is there to a much larger degree than fiat or USDT to BTC alone. But, the risk is also much higher. Most altcoins are down very low and will be for a long time; even good ones.

Actually they are just different in references. Altcoin is the reference to indicate all other crypto currencies that came after bitcoin. The difference is same as any other crypto currency is different from each other. Bitcoin is the first crypto currency and any other currency after that is call altcoins.

468x60-3.png

On 12/7/2019 at 5:01 PM, Delgboke said:

Bitcoin is today the largest cryptocurrency in terms of total market value. Alternative cryptocurrencies mean any other alternative to Bitcoin and the majority of alternative currencies are just alternative versions of Bitcoin with slight changes.

I think that these two terms distinguish between most of the cryptocurrency community, altcoins are all cryptocurrencies except Bitcoin, Bitcoin holds the majority of the market value about 65% while all other cryptocurrencies are only 35%.

Altcoins are other cryptocurrencies launched after the success of BTC. Generally, they sell themselves as better alternatives to BTC. The term "Altcoins" refers to all cryptocurrencies other than Bitcoin. Right now there are more than 5000 cryptocurrencies by some estimates. 

If information that l above mentioned is not enough, you can also learn from this video the difference between altcoins and BTC. Thank you.

As I understand it, bitcoin could be altcoin as well only if the price of it and capitalization was much less like some altcoins, so the sizes of cryptocurrency matters.

I think that in fact they are same  , but the difference only in the names of these cryptocurrencies.. Bitcoin is bitcoin , and every cryptocurrencies after it called altcoins.

All of them are considered cryptocurrencies, but the difference between the names and the projects that these currencies are based on, in addition to the team working on marketing the currency.