Should I invest in ICO or altcoins? - Page 14 - ICO/IEO's - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Japopo

Should I invest in ICO or altcoins?

First of all, I suggest you read and do WELL about the altcoin that interests you. Make sure you understand what its value proposition is or what makes it unique… from there you can determine at your own discretion if this value proposition makes sense to you.

The most important thing is that you NEVER invest in a coin just because of the excitement of the people and the buzz around it. Never invest based on which so and so told you that this or that new altcoin will be the Bitcoin of the future.

Many coins out there employ what is known as a "pump & dump" scheme. In Spanish something like "inflate and unload". This means that the creators of the coin generate a lot of publicity about it, so that people invest and the price of the coin is INFLATED.

• +1 1

The ICO model is a method for collecting capital for projects freely without any legal oversight and without the need to go through the traditional investment capital. Whereas, IEO enables crypto projects to raise capital from investors directly on cryptocurrency exchanges.

One of the most impressive and exciting news about the power of IEO is that recently an AI project, it raised about $ 5.5 million in just 22 seconds from the Binance platform via the ICO, fact, not fiction, and for you https: / / /launchpad.binance.com to make sure that the news is correct.
I thank you

Edited by yousryu3
  • +1 1

ICOs are now overpassed, they used to be good but longer now. They are replaced, most of the time, by IEOs because of them failed to get listed in exchanges. Even, the IEOs are also not good. For exemple I invested 90$ in an IEOs, but the token has been listed my 90 became less than 9$. You can still invest in IEOs, but be very careful and learn well about it before.

I do not expect that investing in this currency is a good thing. You should invest in alternatives. There are many currencies available and the best.

It is worth investing in ICO but you should be more careful and deeply analyze the project in which you are going to invest, I recommend investing in IEO as it is safer

That depends on what type of Altcoin you are thinking of investing in. Investing in Litecoin is not the same as investing in an altcoin ranked on CoinMarketCap.

This is my opinion about ICO. ICO itself is collecting money for the project or company. So before buy any ICO you must know the risk. The biggest risk is ICO is free from the country law. So if you get scammed, you can't dispute the owner. They will run and only taking free money from you. So i am really not recommended to buy any ICO. 

• +1 2

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

I still think it's safe to invest in ICO as long as you know the project you're investing in, ICOS always makes a profit even today

The days of ICO has pass, most ICO now are scam. I will rather advice you to invest in potential altcoin it's more promising than ICO. Nowadays ICO are not safe for investment. 

I would always go for altcoins over ICOs. In my opinion ICOs are just way to risky, let's take for example all those ICOs that disappeared back in the 2017 hype. One should either be extremely lucky or have an incredible eye for spotting a ICO with good potential, among all the fraudulent and crappy projects. 

• +1 1

Actually it depends on the ICO, it good to do research on the ICO before investing, if the ICO has good reputation and large community, then i can say its good to invest else just invest in some altcoins.

20 hours ago, Edwinvicky said:

Actually it depends on the ICO, it good to do research on the ICO before investing, if the ICO has good reputation and large community, then i can say its good to invest else just invest in some altcoins.

I can never invest on ICO, they are scams, son are good but most are scams. When there are good altcoins like ethereum, litecoin and monero, why should I choose ICO, I can never try such coin and lose the more. 

I think ICO's are not that popular anymore because of many scams that bombarded the fundraising method that's why I think investing in ICO projects now are not the best option it's better to look and invest directly in those top ranking coins to minimize the risk or just look into another options like, IEO IDO or any other method as long as it is secure and legitimate. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

I can invest on altcoins, but it depends on the altcoins, because there may not be any different in loss if comparing some altcoins to ICO that they are both dumping. I only like to invest on strong altcoins like litecoin. 

Some people are investing in ICO still or in altcoins thinking they will pump and make them good money, although most times they are doing nothing or losing to Bitcoin, sometimes they rise and means nothing though for the long run as when looking into these altcoins you see many empty promises and weak erc20 tokens.

do not invest ico anymore because they are easy way to steal someone's fund without any excuse. you probably gonna lose your money. invest your money on good team backed altcoins like xrp

[url=

https://betfury.io/?r=5fb0201a9f7c5a3dd534eb75BetFury[/url]                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   

Take care investing in ICO´s. There has been a lot of scams, false promotions, famous people promoting ICO´s just to get investors involved. If your lucky you might find a decent ICO but dont count on it. I wouldnt personally invest in any ICO nowadays.

Always read the " White Papers " of any coin you want to invest in, including ICO´s.

• +1 1

Earn Free Bit-Coins. Every hour you can win up to $200 USD in BTC.

https://freebitco.in/?r=41529082

1100388917_FreeBitco_in3.png.3817f1e8269d8e972cacf1276f358331.png

ICOs are always risky, having transparent information for the development team and possible solutions only helps to reduce that risk. The only thing that ICOs have more than altcoins available in the market is their potential for a greater price increase.
To determine if an ICO project has potential or not, you can:
+ Consult the ICO listing websites & their reviews;
+ Evaluate the project's ideas & solutions;
+ Evaluation of the website and project documents;
+ Evaluate the activities of the project team: crypto seminars, AMA ...;
+ Evaluate partners and investors of the project...

At the moment, I think IEO is a better choice for investors.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • -1 1

I believe that investing in altcoins is much better than ICO investment because when you invest in ICO project, ypou are putting your money in something does not exist yet, unlike altcoins that have been already launched, but make sure to choose the right coin because a lot of them are worthless

• +1 1

In the start ICO 's were not scam. The company researched a lot develop a project for the people to invest their money to run the project successfully and many of them fails. Now many ICO scams cheat the people and they lost their money. Would never you to invest in ICO because there are many chances that they will fail and many of them are scams instead invest in IEO like in Yobit

• +2 1

In present age all ICOs are fake please be aware of them . You will lose all your money and nothing to shed tears. Better to go with IEOs that are more secure as many famous exchange platform offer them like Yobit and Binance etc.

• -1 1

ICO, on the one hand, finding capital for companies; on the other hand, it is an investment creation tool for individuals. During the ICO process, a certain number of tokens are created at a certain price. The price of this token increases as interest in the project increases. Thus, the early investors of the project get a certain amount of profit. At this point, investors can make a good profit by purchasing the token of a project that they think is promising.

To make a good profit, they need to study the whitepapers of the tokens well. If the project does not receive enough attention and sufficient capital is not provided, the project owners return their money to the investors. This is possible with smart contracts owned by the ethereum blockchain. In this way, investors can invest without worrying about whether the project will succeed or whether it will lose money.

• +1 1

It depends upon you my friend. Because there is lot of risk in investing money in any ICO or Altcoins. If you want to invest then you should remember that anything can happen. Don't expect too much from them. You should expect the unexpected. Because if you get profit you will be very please and unfortunately if you don't then you was almost ready for that type of response. You will not get more emotional because already you have expected the unexpected.

Edited by Mudassar Rana
Miss wording