Have you ever seen people selling their cryptocurrencies to get fiat outside internet? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

Have you ever seen people selling their cryptocurrencies to get fiat outside internet?

I start this topic with a question:

Is internet the only place to sell or convert cryptocurrency to fiat? I know internet is the simplest way for selling crypto but it is not safe. How can you trust the unknown person behind another computer in an unknown area that you want to send crypto to him/her?

I think we can sometimes buy our cryptocurrencies by visiting the buyer in person especially when the amount of coins we want to sell is high and we don't want to risk sending the money to a scammer.

You can buy a cold wallet like Ledger and store your cryptocurrency in it. Then you can make an appointment with the buyer and visit him/her in person. You give him/her your Ledger along with other necessary information about your wallet such as private key and recovery phrase. The buyer will pay you in cash for your cryptocurrency + Ledger.

When you sold your Ledger and your coins, you will buy a new Ledger and create a new wallet for yourself.

I think this method is not only good to avoid scammers but also useful when we have no access to any internet or electricity.

• Useful or interesting 7
  • +1 7
  • +2 5
  • +3 1
  • +4 4

Yes I saw, if you can find a site online which provides this kind of service, you can sell them to someone trusted or sell them by a mediator, actually I tried it once by a mediator and I succeeded 

• +1 2
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

2 hours ago, Francoforte said:

While it is possible to consider this type of exchange in the analog world, it would be scarcely diffused and not necessarily more reliable. Natural persons are also the same subjects who commit fraud using the internet.

On the other hand, such practice contradicts almost all the principles of the crypto world: the total decentralization of transactions and their anonymity. In addition to the absence of cross-border limitations.

Yes, you are right about the nature of cryptocurrency but I was only referring to some emergency situation. Sometimes transparency is better than anonymity. Once I wanted to buy an item from someone I didn't know. I asked him about which method of payment he prefers and he told me that he only accepts bitcoin and gave me a wallet address. Since I didn't know him I thought for a moment what will happen if he receives the money but doesn't ship the item to my address? I couldn't track him or find his identity. I understand that most people prefer to hide their identities when using cryptocurrencies but we should accept that anonymity sometimes is a benefit for scammers. If I had fiat currency, I would definitely pay by fiat but since I only had bitcoin at that time, I couldn't risk losing my money.

Apart from scamming, this method is good for offline trading.

We should be flexible when using cryptocurrency.

Edited by Brushless4500KV
  • +1 3
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

Some time a go 2 people were doing that, the seller didn't think btc was going to succeed and decided to sell btc for some cigars. 

Earn bitcoin Satoshis every hour, by doing click on the roll button. Make sure to enter your own bitcoin address! Register here:

http://bit.ly/2nYanIq

well yea thats essentially what we do in crypto..but for me i get someone from local bitcoin and we agree on th selling price and then i go and take the cash back home.

• +2 1

How can? can never be. even though the item purchased is not on the internet, to access the crypto wallet, it needs internet. then crypto transactions must indeed require the internet.

I've never seen someone selling cryptocurrency to a person.Yes maybe it is quite safe because you are making transactions right in front of you but there's still an issue about trust and the person credibility.There are really instances that we will become a victim though it's just in front of us.

• +1 1

Well, no one can exchanged cryptocurrency into fiat currency if they are didn't used internet, this is a kind of digital coin that are not tangible and it runs through network and internet so you can't get some fiat money if you are no internet in selling cryto.

Yes, I watched it. You can enter a truly trusted site. there you can see and sell your coins. but remember, be careful when giving something. must be more careful.

Yes, this person-to-person exchange method is an old and well-known method and is much safer than the known methods over the Internet, especially in the presence of many SCAM sites. This method you mentioned is very good and over time and when there is trust between you and this person you can make a transfer from your account to his account directly and send you the money is. I personally use this method. Here in my country, someone I trust, I transfer to his account and he transfers Fiat via remittances to my home.

7 hours ago, Brushless4500KV said:

Is internet the only place to sell or convert cryptocurrency to fiat? I know internet is the simplest way for selling crypto but it is not safe. How can you trust the unknown person behind another computer in an unknown area that you want to send crypto to him/her?

I think we can sometimes buy our cryptocurrencies by visiting the buyer in person especially when the amount of coins we want to sell is high and we don't want to risk sending the money to a scammer.

You can buy a cold wallet like Ledger and store your cryptocurrency in it. Then you can make an appointment with the buyer and visit him/her in person. You give him/her your Ledger along with other necessary information about your wallet such as private key and recovery phrase. The buyer will pay you in cash for your cryptocurrency + Ledger.

When you sold your Ledger and your coins, you will buy a new Ledger and create a new wallet for yourself.

I think this method is not only good to avoid scammers but also useful when we have no access to any internet or electricity.

I have not seen that kind of transaction yet but it came to my mind too. And yes, I think it is also possible for people to sell their crypto coin/local currency to local currency/crypto coin. 

For people who live in the country in which crypto is prohibited, the internet will be the only way to sell the crypto. But if they live in the country in which crypto is allowed to be a payment method, they can use crypto to pay anything they want besides using the internet. We can trust that person because of the reputations that he got from the previous transaction with other people.
If you can find local people who want to make a transaction with you, then you can go to their places so that you can make a deal with him. But if you cannot find that person, then the internet will be the way for you to make a transaction.
I don't want to give my ledger along with my coin because it will depend on what transaction that I want to make with him/her. And if the transaction is for buying a product, then I don't need to have a ledger, and I will only use a wallet from my mobile phone to pay that product.

11 hours ago, Migo said:

Yes I saw, if you can find a site online which provides this kind of service, you can sell them to someone trusted or sell them by a mediator, actually I tried it once by a mediator and I succeeded 

I admit the possibility. But it's not always safe. For such a transaction, you need to know and trust the buyer. And probably the terms and price of the exchange will be different from the cryptoexchanges.

Have you ever seen people selling their cryptocurrencies to get fiat outside internet? Yes of course I saw that happened between friends.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

19 hours ago, Brushless4500KV said:

There are people in my local area who are selling coins and buying from direct cash, but still you have to go through the internet to make transactions.

Never but there are actually crypto mats all over the world so what is it if not changing crypto for fiat offline? I think there will appear more and more such cases for the crypto is becoming more popular

Yes I have seen people selling Btc outside internet network, but the first contact was on the internet, after and for reasons of confidence they set an appointment and reimbursement hand to hand after having preceded the transfer of the amount of Btc.

That depends on the situation, what if the buyer is in Asian country and the seller was in Europe who will sell the ledger, do you think its practical? of course not!

I created this topic to talk about ways of selling crypto offline. Do you think it is possible to sell your cryptocurrency without selling your Ledger? How can you deliver your coins to the buyer without having access to internet? Cryptocurrency is not a physical item. It has to be stored somewhere. So, the only way is to sell it along with its storage device. It is like selling a media file (music or video) to someone. You need to have a USB device storage to carry your data.

If it was possible to transfer crypto coins between two Ledger devices, then both parties could meet each other and the seller would transfer his coins to the buyer's Ledger with something like a USB cable without any internet connection. If cold wallets like Ledger could act like a USB storage device, this method would work perfectly in very rare emergency situations like when we don't have access to either electricity or internet.

20 hours ago, Brushless4500KV said:

I know some persons doing a person to person transactions to save fees from converting the fiat to crypto and vice versa. But i think it is kind of dangerous to do because you are exposing your identity to someone you didn't know in real life.

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

I do not understand them if there really is a cryptocurrency trading outside the internet, that sounds funny because crypto technology is part of the internet and they choose to sell it outside the internet.

On 12/6/2019 at 1:21 AM, Brushless4500KV said:

Indeed yes,

that selling crypto currencies whether online or personal has its own risk, so i my personal case i used online wallet to convert crypto in fiat then transfer it in my bank account and withdraw it in cold cash. since we are in a country that is not in any restriction to crypto unlike to other country that holding btc can end you up in jail.

• +2 1

Yes internet is the only place one can exchange cryptocurrency especially Bitcoin because there's no paper Bitcoin for now so for now you can only make payment Using bitcoin and other digital currency through the online reason been that they have not printed paper bitcoin that can be like fiat currency. 

• Useful or interesting 1

On 12/6/2019 at 12:21 AM, Brushless4500KV said:

Nope, I think that's even troublesome. Cryptocurrency can make transactions in all parts of the world if there is internet. I also have never seen a user who transactions outside the internet.

For the risk of scam with such purchases can be overcome, the problem is the residence of the two people who want to make the transaction.

• +1 1

Nope, I think that's even troublesome. Cryptocurrency can make transactions in all parts of the world if there is internet. I also have never seen a user who transactions outside the internet.

For the risk of scam with such purchases can be overcome, the problem is the residence of the two people who want to make the transaction.

I only refer to the rare cases that someone has no access to internet but he needs money and he have to sell his cryptocurrency in some way. I think we should be flexible in some situations and even buy or sell cryptocurrency with cash (paper money). Do you think there is a better way of selling your crypto in this situation? The problem of residence can be overcome if the parties agree upon a place of meeting to exchange their currencies. This method is based on meeting on person and the only problem is that how the seller can sell his cryptocurrencies offline. That's why I mentioned selling crypto along with Ledger and receive the equivalent of both the currency and the device.

• Useful or interesting 1