Bitcoin is old school already 😐 - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
wilbertson

Bitcoin is old school already 😐

It as only been 10 years since the establishment of the bitcoin, but there have not been much developement on the bitcoin since 8 years ago. Bitcoin depends on mining while there are other coins that depends on POS.

New coins are created with advancements on the matters of fees and fast transactions while bitcoin remains the same.

This is proof enough that bitcoin has become old school already.

We need people to take over the project and advance it.

Yep bitcoin is old, but bitcoin still dominating.. still the no.1 cryptocurrency even there are many altcoins that has fastest transaction and lowest fees, bitcoin is still popular, no altcoins can defeat bitcoin.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                   

| You Play - We Pay

Free BTC 360 Satoshi every day                                                 

I agree with your statement that Bitcoin is outdated, but Bitcoin will bring an update very quickly and with that transaction much faster, I think many are working to make Bitcoin the fastest and fastest.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

On 12/5/2019 at 9:14 PM, wilbertson said:

It as only been 10 years since the establishment of the bitcoin, but there have not been much developement on the bitcoin since 8 years ago. Bitcoin depends on mining while there are other coins that depends on POS.

New coins are created with advancements on the matters of fees and fast transactions while bitcoin remains the same.

This is proof enough that bitcoin has become old school already.

We need people to take over the project and advance it.

The problem is who can develop bitcoin right now. In terms of technology advances in bitcoin can indeed be said to be old school, but seeing the higher community makes me think what really needs development. From what I know, development can also have bad consequences.

5 hours ago, Awaremooner said:

Satoshi wallet is said to be dormant for years now

Can you tell me which one is Satoshi's real wallet address? I want to check is Satoshi truly leave his legacy. I wonder, did he manage to give his/her private key to someone. Ups

I think that bitcoin is not a developable currency, the final bitcoin equation has been prepared in advance as it walks along a certain path, I do not know explicitly if there is a capacity to develop bitcoin and I hope so, but in all cases I do not think this will affect the future of bitcoin.

OK, so if bitcoin is as old school as op says, why has it remained so popular in the market?  Sure, there are coins out there that have features bitcoin doesn't, and I'd say those features add a lot to the coins (like proof of stake, smart contracts, etc.) but it's the market that judges whether something is on top or not, and what do you think the market says about bitcoin?  It's #1 and has been for those 10 years it's existed.

Can you argue with that?  I think not.

• +1 1
  • +2 2

On 12/13/2019 at 6:22 AM, Awaremooner said:

You can try use Google. It will point you to Satoshi wallet address. Talking about legacy, are you sure Satoshi is dead?

You said it yourself that the wallet is dormant for a year. A living creature won't let his belongings stood still. So maybe she/he is dead and his legacy is death too. No one knows.

On 12/13/2019 at 4:06 PM, wilbertson said:

No one will get access to Satoshi private keys, man he is the founder of bitcoin he   probably does not have key copies, but he simply memorized all keys.

I don't have time to deal with his private key and will take a light year to be able to decrypt it, and the mars will be open for someone unique, which had an expeditious decision-maker ability.

• +3 1

4 minutes ago, Awaremooner said:

No one knows? But you said he's dead? The fact he's not tapping from his wallet doesn't mean he's dead. He may want to keep his anonymity because people are monitoring his wallet

Where did i say that he is death literary? Maybe from the word "Legacy"? It doesn't matter satoshi is dead or alive. Bitcoin is his/her legacy that includes his/her wallet address. So where is the link to this dormant address? Did you say it then you must know it right?

You are right, there are many new cryptocurrencies which are more contemporary than Bitcoin. It`s old and isn`t modern, but it`s still first and the most popular crypto 

11 minutes ago, Awaremooner said:

As for the link, you can search for it yourself on Google as it's no secret

Maybe I don't understand this so you can explain it better. As for Satoshi legacy, it speaks for itself

Oh, I see now. The living creature should move his belonging. However, can anyone and you confirm that is last address satoshi used?

Anyway, what we are talking about? It is a bit off-topic.
I am interested in your comment, sorry for my mistake.

Ok, let's move to the topic. The writer of this thread said bitcoin is already old. What do you think? I am going to say that bitcoin is old enough to make this kind of forum rise and make a lot of interesting discussions. However, some people are complaining about bitcoin and hoping to get paid from a complaint. Fair enough?

• +2 2

13 minutes ago, Awaremooner said:

Like I said, Bitcoin is like a wine, the older the better. The decentralization of Bitcoin is unmatched till date. Other coins are Bitcoin wannabe. Bitcoin acceptability is seen with it's market dominance

I herewith award you as a true light of Satoshi. I give this award on behalf of Satoshi and name you as the 1st Satoshi Knight. You will serve as true light when bears eat the moon. Congratulations and may the vision is with you.

On 12/5/2019 at 9:58 PM, yifnt said:

Bitcoin is not appropriate if it's called old, maybe bitcoin just needs a faster update to keep up with the needs of today's fast-paced.

Yes that's right what you say even I don't agree if bitcoin is called old because bitcoin just needs a faster update to change everything by compensating for good needs so that bitcoin isn't too old to be called old again.

My opinion if bitcoin is associated with age means that Bitcoin is still very young 10 years old, but in reality at the age of 10 years Bitcoin is really growh and acceptable. 

• Useful or interesting 2

Yes, it's old school in but it's function is in the future. Some of the features of bitcoin can be consider as old school. But the transaction and knowledge that is inside bitcoin is far from the technology and knowledge of the current generation.

Yes Bitcoin is old. But one of the favorite coin in the whole world. May be the new coin is with a lot of advancement but they can't take the place of bitcoin. Bitcoin is always on the top of that currency  and because of the bitcoin they all are able to introduce new coin.

19 hours ago, yupi84goro said:

I understand the person who said bitcoin is old school does not understand about the world of technology, because in the world of technology growth for 10 years is still a relatively short time. Because even though bitcoin is more than 10 years old, it still includes technology and sophisticated. And in my opinion fiat is more appropriate to be called old school because it is thousands of years old.

Ahh, I sense someone is crawling to the light. I might want to make you my second knight later if you pass my challenge. Fiat is too old and make's the world unhappy with its system. And Vitalik should consider limiting the ethereum supply before it became similar to FIAT. A lot of things happen since bitcoin was found, and 10 years is only the beginning.

11 hours ago, wilbertson said:

It's rude 😓 but may i deserve that, i don't know much about cryptocurrency more than you do so i will go with your points.

I don't think that's rude. But it is enough to make you cut into pieces with his sword ⚔️. He is my first knight, and he is telling the truth. Don't worry, you can be my knight also after you collect the pieces.

Also another thing that makes bitcoin old compared to new currencies like EOS is that it does not have smart contracts. It is only a matter of time before these altcoins become worth more than bitcoin, and bitcoin price will go down. No proof of stake mining, no smart contracts, it is slow for developing bitcoin. But what bitcoin has is first mover advantage, since they are first crypto they are most well known with biggest network and trusted. If this shifts get ready to invest in other altcoins.

• +1 1

37 minutes ago, wilbertson said:

Hehe, Nakamoto! How can i be of any service to you as a knight? Anyway what is your opinion on this topic? I'm not sure i got it.

Oh ok. Bitcoin is still green even though the logo is orange, in my opinion. And I don't think bitcoin needs to develop anything else because its original purpose is P2P online payment. Another factor why bitcoin doesn't need development is that many projects want to stick with the bitcoin protocol. An example is the Omnilayer project and the latest phenomenal project, RSK. These projects also create a free campaign for bitcoin. So I hope you understand why it's challenging to be a Knight.

• +1 1

Yeap, Bitcoin was already mainstream and stuck now but it's still pioneer of crypto mate, Even like that it will always exist Indeed, at the moment there are many altcoins with better use cases and also technology resulting from improvised bitcoin but bitcoin will remain in its current position.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

6 hours ago, redsals said:

That's a fact, Right now you have to wait a long time for a single transaction to go through specially when network traffic is high, add to that huge fees for transactions which makes it hard for people to use it daily for buying stuff.

Are you buying daily stuff with bitcoin? Cool, what are you buying? about a huge transaction fee. Have you transferred money cross border with bank transfer?

Yes Bitcoin is old, i think we can't change their system totally. The community can only add some feature like segwit, lightning network, etc.

But for me that is the unique for Bitcoin, where altcoin compete with their update feature but Bitcoin still same year by year. That is will make Bitcoin more rare and expensive in the future.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

On 12/16/2019 at 3:25 PM, himel398 said:

Yep bitcoin is old, but bitcoin still dominating.. still the no.1 cryptocurrency even there are many altcoins that has fastest transaction and lowest fees, bitcoin is still popular, no altcoins can defeat bitcoin.

I totally agree with your thoughts that there is no altcoin or other coin that beats bitcoin both in terms of price and level of popularity because bitcoin remains at the forefront in terms of price and level even though bitcoin is old.

Even bitcoin is old school as you say  , no other coins can't defeats bitcoin so that even developer create coin a million times bitcoin will still number one..