China blocks access to the most popular Ethereum Block Explorer website - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

China blocks access to the most popular Ethereum Block Explorer website

Today, I read a news in Coindesk.com about Ethereum in China. It is said that Chinese government has used its firewall to block one of the most prominent source of ETH blockchain data which is etherscan.io wesbite. This censorship has started since October 30, 2019 and now Chinese users can't access this website with their Chinese IP addresses.

This is a bad news because it seems that it is possible to ban or limit crypto activity by blocking some websites and making it hard for most crypto users to stay active. This is a fight between centralization and decentralization in China. It is still unknown why this censorship has been done. I think this is another attempt to control cryptocurrency. ETH users in China can still use other websites but this website was a useful source for them.

Source:

https://www.coindesk.com/chinas-internet-firewall-has-blocked-access-to-ethereum-block-explorer-etherscan-io

Edited by Brushless4500KV
  • Useful or interesting 4
  • +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 2
  • +5 2

It is stated that the Chinese government has used its firewall to block one of the most prominent source of ETH blockchain data which is Etherscan.io wesbite.  I think block use of ETH would be good for China, China has come to the crypto world with many big projects, hoping for something better in the days ahead.

• +5 1

9 hours ago, Abanti34 said:

Something like this is heard all the time in China.  In fact, blocking the accessibility of a coin like Ethereum is nothing more than an unpleasant thing to me. Because in every country it is better to take the coin forward.

Me too I found it sad, and not good at all for Chinese people, but like I heard is to respect the privacy in China, but I didn't understand what kind of privacy is China taking about here?? 

• +1 1

It makes it difficult for Chinese ETH holders to continue their tradings but what is the point of blocking websites when there are lots of VPN or VPS services out there which makes it easy to access any website without any problems? Is there any problem with accessing crypto related websites using a VPN or VPS? Do these websites care about their users' IP addresses or just care about their coins and investments?

There are some people that even use VPN all the time regardless of surfing blocked or unblocked websites. They want to protect their privacy. Is Chinese firewall so strong that Chinese users can't access blocked websites even through VPN? Cryptocurrency and VPN both share a same feature and that is anonymity and privacy.

• +2 1

This is a failed method and will not succeed in preventing traders and those interested in cryptocurrencies from dealing with this site and accessing it.

THINK POSITIVE

I do not think that this method will help in controlling decentralized cryptocurrencies, and I believe that China is trying in every way to control cryptocurrencies.

It will be hatred for ethereum, why will it be ban, I mean not the coin but the network of it, it only shows transaction details

Actually, this happened, and I believe that the decision has important and beneficial motives, which made China decide this

Life is great and enjoy it

China made this intention may be temporary to make a fuss. This affects a lot and especially the authority of Ethereum.

On 12/4/2019 at 7:04 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

Today, I read a news in Coindesk.com about Ethereum in China. It is said that Chinese government has used its firewall to block one of the most prominent source of ETH blockchain data which is etherscan.io wesbite. This censorship has started since October 30, 2019 and now Chinese users can't access this website with their Chinese IP addresses.

This is a bad news because it seems that it is possible to ban or limit crypto activity by blocking some websites and making it hard for most crypto users to stay active. This is a fight between centralization and decentralization in China. It is still unknown why this censorship has been done. I think this is another attempt to control cryptocurrency. ETH users in China can still use other websites but this website was a useful source for them.

Source:

https://www.coindesk.com/chinas-internet-firewall-has-blocked-access-to-ethereum-block-explorer-etherscan-io

Its very shameful act of Chinese government. It will a sad news for those who working with cryptocurrency.i hope china will step back from their decision very soon  

On 12/4/2019 at 8:04 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

Source:

I'm sad to see this happen. I check this is still happening. However, I check that they still can use another explorer. 
I've tested the https://ethplorer.io/ and it is working fine for them

image.thumb.png.4130eaa0b98fb348726c2636881fafd3.png

This is bad news for Crypto users in China. At the moment they seem to indeed be blocking sites related to Ethe coins. This will narrow down the use of Crypto there. We don't know what they mean by this.

8 minutes ago, Hanhassie said:

They use firewall to block the website that will not stay long. They are use to that after all they had ban bitcoin before

yea china is insane when it comes to blocking websites or any other news they dont want the general mass to know  but i think in case of bitcoin the people found a way around this crypto ban and still traded in bitcoin

I think this method is failing and will not work to prevent trade because people are interested in the crypto world, and I am sure China will do a variety of ways to control cryptocurrency.

I read some news in this forum that China will create their own coin but my question is why they restrict the user in this kind of things? Maybe they don't want competitors? I hope this restrictions stop or minimize.

On 12/7/2019 at 8:05 PM, bentayebsalah said:

This is a failed method and will not succeed in preventing traders and those interested in cryptocurrencies from dealing with this site and accessing it.

Everyone say or also think as like you. This is absolutely failed method. So can you tell us which method will be good in future? Any idea.

I have readied this article and feel very sad for china ETH Holders.Their assets are now can't be checked they have to use VPN for checking.This is very hard on them .The crypto is now fully monitored by china and looks like more exchanges will goes down in china .

• Useful or interesting 1

On 12/7/2019 at 3:05 PM, bentayebsalah said:

Yes the authorities in China cannot hide their distrust for cryptocurrency, first they tried to ban Bitcoin only to retrace their steps when it dawned on them, they were merely pouring water on the back of a duck. I don't see what they stand to gain by banning one website, when there aremeans to bypass their ban and when there're other websites rendering similar services.

Source:

I also read the news recently. But I think there is a reason behind it. We all know that I'm the first time they made crypto as illegal. After that now they want launch their own coin. We will know soon the reason.

Online earning basic tutorials : https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

Active and genuine airdrop channel https://t.me/dhamakatipsc

Twitter profile https://twitter.com/aminulslamamir

My gaming channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLHiTfp06Q8WZMmA6NbUDSA

On 12/4/2019 at 9:04 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

Source:

China is always been known to act this way, and still surprise that China is still the big contributor in Cryptocurrency, they can always find a way even if they blocked it, Chinese investors can always use VPN to check and find the site I think there are a lot of vpn in China working for Cryptocurrency holders.

Source:

Recently i hear aobut the news. And i feell bad for this. Because it's a popular site to see our transaction. And most volume come on the market from China. Any bad news from China can be affect on crypto price.

BetFury                                                    

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day[/url]                                                   

Well, the Chinese censorship is very strict towards its people. I don't understand how the Chinese president is making statements about supporting blockchain technology and then banning Ethereum scan site!.

On 12/4/2019 at 9:54 PM, sdsonjoy50 said:

It is stated that the Chinese government has used its firewall to block one of the most prominent source of ETH blockchain data which is Etherscan.io wesbite.  I think block use of ETH would be good for China, China has come to the crypto world with many big projects, hoping for something better in the days ahead.

This will be a total tragedy to those who invested huge amount into the crypto currency bussines,  this will just dicourage others from going into the crypto thing, I i don't know why the government will keep on blocking people from making money conviniently 😏

Perhaps this is a temporary phenomenon and perhaps it is due to internal disagreements. Well, for ordinary users, it will not be difficult to bypass the block.