I think I got scammed! Someone wants me to send crypto to an unknown wallet address. What should I do? - Page 6 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

I think I got scammed! Someone wants me to send crypto to an unknown wallet address. What should I do?

I don't recommend you send him the money because from what you wrote he might be bluffing and doesn't have any of your pictures. Just change your password and update your system malware. 

I know personally one guy, who uses even separate gadget for different working steps dealing with crypto, he does not use this computer for watching films for example and for social activity in Twitter or different social messengers, mail and so on. Because some day he had been hacked in 2017 and he lost a lot. After this occasion he decided that buying cold wallet and new separate gadget for crypto only - crypto exchanges for example, will be cheaper for him than loosing assets again. 

But what about your situation, in case you does not have such an opportunity to buy something separate for crypto exchanges and wallets, just try be more careful with your passwords, keys, and ignore such e-mails)) 

What about the antivirus, so install it from the reputable site or install the licensed version.

Because I had some negative experience when some day I got this antivirus you have mentioned and it was infected by some virus already. And I had no choice but to reinstall again the whole Windows and so on..

We should really be careful , scammers and hackers are everywhere, I think what you did was the best action to take, seeing such message the best thing to do is to change your password immediately and he will no longer have access to your email.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

You did the right thing to store your personal data in another external hard drive. It's a learning for us, always store your personal data in external hard disk and use strong antivirus software like Kaspersky. 

There are many people who ask you to send money in order to get more within several days but they are scammers because we do not have to trust anyone on the Internet.

According to the experience of one of my friends who infected this virus, their device disables all files on the device until payment is made to its owner. I hope you have solved the problem without paying

it reminds a movie it didn't have good end but about your case i think you don't have to worry or be scared if you have important files in your computer you can ask police to help you and and i think you shouldn't send any money to that address.

Fraudulent and scammers are increasing day by day, its better to secure your computer and wallet rather than complaining because it's your property and only you can be safe from those scammers.

I think that this is just a Scam, the most banal system of deception for scammers! First they give out a reward, and then ask for a large Deposit to withdraw, and accordingly, you are deceived, and leave with your money!

• +1 1

First of all you are not scammed since you identified a scammer, second you were smart to realize that you are been scammed, what to do is to report those guys so that you save more people from those kind of scams.

Maybe you joined a scammed project and from there they got your personal information because only by that they will be able to get access to your account and by that I will advise you to avoid clicking on an unknown link because that is one of the ways they get our informations. Be vigilant scammers are real.

• +3 1

Firstly i say you, don't panic. If you get panic, the scammer can easily attack you. You  don't store your personal data on your pc so don't be anxious. Early complain to the cyber crime unit and never give any money to the scammer. Use high security on your pc   

• +1 1

This is the modern scam which is being practiced now a days. So my dear friend don't get scammed by this peoples. They will ask to send some Crypto to their wallet and offer you a higher return back. Many of the air drops are following the same techniques. They will say that it is processing fee I will say don't pay them

Unfortunately there are people of bad reputation who are dedicated to this. In some cases I have learned that he simply takes advantage of the innocence of people who create all kinds of stories. It is important to have computer security and take precautions in any situation and possible future events.

On 12/3/2019 at 12:00 AM, Brushless4500KV said:

Some days ago, I received an E-mail in which someone had threatened me to publish my personal media files in social media groups. The title of the E-mail was my desktop password. This scammer told me that he now knows my password and has access to my computer and all my personal pictures and videos. Fortunately, I don't store my personal info on my PC and use an external hard drive for this kind of information. The E-mail contains a bitcoin wallet address and the scammer has asked me to send $500 worth of bitcoin to his wallet to forget about revealing my personal info on the web. I changed my password immediately after reading this E-mail and switched to normal user from admin to block everyone's access to the vital program files in my PC. I have never received such an E-mail before and I don't know how this scammer has managed to find my password. Maybe I visited a website that contained malware. My antivirus and anti-malware are always on. Anyway, what do you recommend me to do at this moment?

He just scamming you, maybe he really don't have any access on your account and they want you to become afraid so he can manipulate you to give him some amount. 

Don't be afraid cause if he have really an access in your account he will get what you have without saying anything. 

• Useful or interesting 1

Free satoshis and bnb every 20 minutes here: https://betfury.io/?r=5fadf2e24229531209b94c8c

Try to put all your data on an external disk and not give passwords or send money to anyone, scammers on the Internet are many.

On 12/3/2019 at 12:00 AM, Brushless4500KV said:

Some days ago, I received an E-mail in which someone had threatened me to publish my personal media files in social media groups. The title of the E-mail was my desktop password. This scammer told me that he now knows my password and has access to my computer and all my personal pictures and videos. Fortunately, I don't store my personal info on my PC and use an external hard drive for this kind of information. The E-mail contains a bitcoin wallet address and the scammer has asked me to send $500 worth of bitcoin to his wallet to forget about revealing my personal info on the web. I changed my password immediately after reading this E-mail and switched to normal user from admin to block everyone's access to the vital program files in my PC. I have never received such an E-mail before and I don't know how this scammer has managed to find my password. Maybe I visited a website that contained malware. My antivirus and anti-malware are always on. Anyway, what do you recommend me to do at this moment?

You've been hacked that will be the best term for that. Or because you are saying that you have been scammed  because you did access an apps or sites, or you logged in there using any of your informations, or you clicked some links from emails sent to you. It is helpless since the hacker could have the info that he have seen on your computer. Or maybe your wifi security is not good. Use WPA wifi passwords because hackers do have hard times if that's your security. Don't pay them. Do not send and amount. Make sure you changed and secured all your emails, wallets, exchanges, etc.  Do not use same passwords. Do not click suspicious links. 

Edited by Strygwyr

Maybe someone found or found out your password and of course tried to scare you And of course trying to take bitcoin If you are confident that the computer is safe But just avoid it

Am so sorry about all this , but this is what this scams do , they ask  you to send you money whether in crypto or other wise, but the problem that crypto you cannot trace, and so when you see that you have been asked to send and they have your computer details, and then you have to send if your information on your desk top is so important then you should send  but if not dont send, I prefer that you buy an external hard disk that you store your important information to avoid such kind, never store everything on your computer also you can look for a safe way to store everything online thats better, like an email draft or something, its very safe as long its not the email you use everyday for your daily activity its very safe.

On 12/2/2019 at 7:00 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

I think they were trying their best to scare you and listen to them, but in fact they were just lying in order you to make deposit to them, cause if they were really able to publish your details, why doesn't them log in to your account and stole the balance?

• +1 1

1 hour ago, guatazoo said:

I think they were trying their best to scare you and listen to them, but in fact they were just lying in order you to make deposit to them, cause if they were really able to publish your details, why doesn't them log in to your account and stole the balance?

There is no doubt about the fact that the first and most powerful weapon of scammers is to threaten their victims to force them to pay the money. I didn't let them fool me but what about others? Do you think all the people are cautious enough to detect and avoid such traps? Despite all the warnings, there are still lots of people who get scammed much easier than we think. That's because the greed to earn huge money in the shortest time possible is very tempting for most people. This happens in fiat world as well as crypto. Anything that looks too good to be true, should be avoided. In fact, they couldn't log into my account, they just pretended they can do it!

Edited by Brushless4500KV
  • +4 1

Well, in the title of this thread, you can actually know that they want to scam you, because who people will send some money to the stranger by not having a valid reason? Next time, kindly ignore this kind of people to avoid being scammed.

I think it would be better to stay away from these jazz. Because why would you send money to any wallet if Azan. Many hackers do not fall into this trap because of their profit. You don't need to exchange any money for that unknown dark wallet address, it can be dangerous later. Again if something like this is sent to you you don’t need to do anything to omit it.

If have to carefull about this...you have to improve your security system...don't afraid 

• -2 1
  • -1 1

I am sorry for what happened to you, it is really bad that an unknown person sends you an email that includes your password and asks you for money, I advise you to formate your PC and change your password and download the latest antivirus software

• +1 1