Would you still stay on crypto world if you couldn't convert your cryptocurrency to fiat currency? - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

Would you still stay on crypto world if you couldn't convert your cryptocurrency to fiat currency?

To be honest, most people who call themselves crypto lovers or crypto enthusiasts are not interested in cryptocurrencies. They invest in them or trade with them just to increase their fiat currencies by exchanging (converting) their crypto coins to their local fiat currencies. They are in fact interested in fiat currencies and tolerate the instability of cryptocurrencies to earn more fiat which is stable. They like cryptocurrencies because of fiat not because they are decentralized payment systems with lower fees. Increasing crypto coins means nothing to them until they convert their coins to fiat as soon as possible.

What do you think would happen if there was no online exchanger to convert cryptocurrencies to digital fiat currencies? (For example BTC to Paypal or ETH to Payeer).

Do you think the value of cryptocurrencies is independent of fiat?

Is collecting crypto coins without converting them to fiat means increasing investment and income?

Edited by Brushless4500KV
  • Useful or interesting 13
  • +1 6
  • +2 4
  • +3 4
  • +4 3
  • +5 2

That happens because cryptocurrency is a place to invest and to collect assets for the future. Of course I will gather lots of cryptocurrency to make future assets.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 6
  • +2 1

1 hour ago, Brushless4500KV said:

They like cryptocurrencies because of fiat not because they are decentralized payment systems with lower fees.

Wrong. People do like cryptocurrencies. The problem is that few establishments consider cryptocurrencies as payment. It's because the government established fiat and you can't buy more things using cryptocurrencies than in fiat, because "it's always been the way," which shouldn't be.

So you can't blame people if they convert to fiat. Because they need to buy products/services to live, which unfortunately, most of which are only available in fiat.

• +1 3
  • +2 1

I will still use it. with digital money everything was easy for me. if in my country it's hard to change it then I can use a certain wallet to use it

• Useful or interesting 3

If i have to face no exchanging of crypto to fiat .I would still work in crypto and collect coins to make my assets grow.I would use them to buy online products or services.people like us some how manage but many others would not they will leave crypto and investment gets low in crypto.

How can you collect coins to grow your assets if you can't convert your asset to cash?

How many online shop or services out there that support cryptocurrencies as payment? You still need fiat to pay for your necessary needs in your life. It is possible to live without crypto but impossible to live without fiat because still most well-known shops don't accept cryptocurrencies. Amazon is the only reliable and well-established shop that I know will accept cryptocurrency but there are lots of other shops like E-bay and Banggood that reject crypto coins.

How many organizations you know that accept cryptocurrency? Suppose you want to insure your car. Can you pay for it in BTC or ETH?

I'm also among those who like cryptocurreny but it needs to spread more worldwide so that we can leave fiat forever and just rely on our crypto coins to pay for everything.

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

If I would not be able to convert my bitcoins or cryptocurrency to fiat currencies but I can buy goods with crypto! I will just stay in crypto

• +1 1

Yes there is no fiat but crypto can be used, and there is no problem with crypto trading, trading and trading with credit card deposits online, so I think there will be no problem.

• +1 2
  • +2 1

Of course i wilk stay here in crypto world even though if i couldn't convert my cryptocurrency to fiat currency, they said if you really want something you can make many ways to fix it. So that's what I'm going to do, i will think many ways if i couldn't convert it to fiat currency. 

• +3 2
  • +4 1

Yes, i will. I can still use the money even if it won't be converted to fiat currency. There are so many online stores where i can spend my cryptos.

• Useful or interesting 3

If I can still use them to buy yes I stay! it's the goal to be here. I do not need to convert my crypto coins into dollars or euro! I just want to do my shopping and pay my bill with Btc it's fine with me.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +4 1

I think that I would still stay if stores began to accept cryptocurrency as a method of payment for goods/services.

• -1 1

What do you expect from cryptocurrencies? Of course I won't stay in this field if I can't convert them into fiat currencies. These coins are not for any emotional attachments.

• +3 1

31 minutes ago, hakimgentlemen said:

If I can still use them to buy yes I stay! it's the goal to be here. I do not need to convert my crypto coins into dollars or euro! I just want to do my shopping and pay my bill with Btc it's fine with me.

I agree with you and others who said the same thing. I will also stay in crypto world if I can spend my coins. After all, you earn coins to spend them not to hang them on the wall for beauty! My dream is that some day all shops and services accept crypto payment globally. It is better for us not to convert our crypto coins to fiat currency because we get rid of fees and we go shopping directly with our coins. As long as people prefer fiat to crypto, this dream will never happen. But think of it this way too. If there is no fiat currency, how can we trade and make profit? Without fiat currencies, there will be no volatility and no buying or selling. This will ruin our income from crypto trading.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

Just now, Brushless4500KV said:

Je suis d'accord avec vous et d'autres qui ont dit la même chose. Je resterai aussi dans le monde de la cryptographie si je peux dépenser mes pièces. Après tout, vous gagnez des pièces pour les dépenser et non pour les accrocher au mur! Mon rêve est qu'un jour, tous les magasins et services acceptent le paiement crypté dans le monde entier. Il est préférable pour nous de ne pas convertir nos pièces cryptographiques en monnaie fiduciaire, car nous nous débarrassons des frais et nous faisons nos achats directement avec nos pièces. Tant que les gens préfèrent le fiat au crypto, ce rêve ne se réalisera jamais. Mais pensez-y aussi. S'il n'y a pas de monnaie fiduciaire, comment pouvons-nous négocier et faire des profits? Sans monnaie fiduciaire, il n'y aura pas de volatilité et pas d'achat ou de vente. Cela ruinerait nos revenus du crypto trading.

Good evening, glad you're of my opinion. the world of tomorrow is for us to realize. and not the hypocritical politicians or the financial men who want to become the sole decision maker of our fate, live the world of crypto!

• +3 1

As long as the market for cryptocurrency is worldwide and legal, i don't care about the exchange. 
We hold an asset without don't know what it's usefulness is just like hold nothing.

For now in my country I can't convert them to fiat currency and I'm still here, I think this is not a big problem because we can use cryptocurrencies in other fields like buying online and shopping 

• +2 1

I think that Yes, since most stores will still accept cryptocurrency, and it will be possible to pay, so I think that I will stay in cryptocurrency.

On 12/2/2019 at 1:54 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

To be honest, most people who call themselves crypto lovers or crypto enthusiasts are not interested in cryptocurrencies. They invest in them or trade with them just to increase their fiat currencies by exchanging (converting) their crypto coins to their local fiat currencies. They are in fact interested in fiat currencies and tolerate the instability of cryptocurrencies to earn more fiat which is stable. They like cryptocurrencies because of fiat not because they are decentralized payment systems with lower fees. Increasing crypto coins means nothing to them until they convert their coins to fiat as soon as possible.

What do you think would happen if there was no online exchanger to convert cryptocurrencies to digital fiat currencies? (For example BTC to Paypal or ETH to Payeer).

Do you think the value of cryptocurrencies is independent of fiat?

Is collecting crypto coins without converting them to fiat means increasing investment and income?

As long as fiat is the universally accepted medium of exchange today, cryptocurrencies can only play second fiddle. But the day may come that cryptocurrencies will replace fiat as the primary medium of exchange. For now, there are many bottlenecks to be solved first before it happens, like its availability as means of payment on a local scale, speeding up the transaction and lowering its cost (fees) etc.

The only thing for me to ask for is how long to wait before it happens.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

I will stop if crypto cannot be exchanged for fiat money anymore. Because in my country crypto cannot be used for direct transactions. So there is no value for me if it is only limited to crypto for now.

• +3 1

If there is no possibility to exchange cryptocurrency for Fiat or buy some material things for cryptocurrency then in this case most users will leave the crypto world.

• +2 1

Just now, akmal1984 said:

I will stop if crypto cannot be exchanged for fiat money anymore. Because in my country crypto cannot be used for direct transactions. So there is no value for me if it is only limited to crypto for now.

And don't  about this thing because already there are many exchanges available which we can easily converted our crypto currenceis to fiat money but unfortunately if this issue occur i will not stop crypto.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

SIGNATURE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR RENT 

There is no problem if there is no online exchange, because it has become a hobby that I still look for profits from investing and trading, because cryptocurrency can still be used to buy domains, web hosting and antivirus etc. Also if we have a Bitcoin ATM it can be used in other countries.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

For me yes, because i could used my crypto to buy some stuff online and it still very useful to me because i love to used my crypto to buy things online. I don't leave crypto world. That's for me. 

• +3 1

I will even i couldn't convert my fiat currency to Cryptocurrency. There's a lot of ways to used Bitcoins or you can used to pay bills or buy some stuff, food you want. I will stay i can earn Cryptocurrency, What I'm thinking if there's a lot of people who will not stay in Cryptocurrency because they want to earn fiat currency.

• +3 1

Some people say they will continue collecting their coins even if they can't be converted to fiat. They say crypto coins are still valuable. What will happen to you if you collect a huge amount of coins after several years and found that you had wasted all your time and effort for something that is not accepted as a payment solution in most countries and has no value?

I think we should not just trade with our coins and convert them to fiat. We are indeed increasing the value of fiat not the cryptocurrency! This is against decentralization! The more we rely on fiat, the more we suspend the growth of cryptocurrency as a unique payment system. We should try to add value to our coins as an independent currency and separate it from fiat.

• +1 1