Introducing Coinbase's global privacy policy - Page 4 - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Hamden

Introducing Coinbase's global privacy policy

On 12/1/2019 at 7:58 PM, Hamden said:

We’re providing additional details about the information we collect, why we collect it, and your rights with respect to that information. Specifically, we outline our intention to only use your data to verify your identity, protect you from harm, enable our services....

Somehow I'm not convinced that this is the reason. I am certain that all this data is passed into 3rd parties that analyze them and perhaps even sell them to marketing companies. Also it is certain that all this data is passed to some authority and added into major databases to analyze behaviours, patterns and anything else with the scope of mass surveilance under the pretext of crime prevention.

Coinbase is my favourite and I placed it in the top of every wallet. I used it for a long time and get more benefits from it. Its have a nice feature and also it is developed day by day and they adding more features for impressed the users.

I am here for help everyone, So if you like my post give me ♥️ Reaction.

Good. A good news for its users but I don't use coinbase for a reason or the other, maybe because of their regional services. I use either Blockchain, Yobit or bittrex for my trading. 

The privacy in Coinbase are not that we can imagine specially the wallet is based on us and the low there can't accept that the wallet dont give the users privacy 

I no longer use this Coinbase wallet now because it is no longer useful as before and there are many wallets better than them in terms of fees and many other services.

Life is great and enjoy it

A very good policy from Coinbase. These three points are very good to do, and should be like that. So the policy carried out by Coinbase I think is very appropriate.

On 12/1/2019 at 11:28 PM, Hamden said:

My friends introduce you to the new Coinbase Privacy Policy which will be effective from 1 January 2020.

Protecting your data and your privacy are essential priorities for Coinbase. That’s why we make sure to keep you informed of how and why we collect and use your data.

At Coinbase, we believe it’s critical that we apply a clear and consistent framework for protecting your data that addresses and adheres to our worldwide obligations. For this reason, and in anticipation of new privacy laws like the California Consumer Privacy Act (or “CCPA”), we have consolidated our various privacy policies and requirements into a single Global Privacy Policy. This update will take effect on January 1, 2020.

We have also taken this opportunity to make changes to the Policy to make it easier for you to understand the information we collect, use, and share.

What’s new:

• Scope – We’re clarifying that this policy is applicable to all Coinbase customers, and that all customers will have the ability to access, modify, and make other requests with respect to their data.
  • Purpose – We’re providing additional details about the information we collect, why we collect it, and your rights with respect to that information. Specifically, we outline our intention to only use your data to verify your identity, protect you from harm, enable our services, improve our products, and keep you notified of new developments (based on your preferences). We do not — and will not — sell your data to third parties without your consent.
  • Transparency – We’re clarifying how we share information with our affiliates and service providers to provide a secure, reliable, and tailored customer experience.

Sincerely,
                 The Coinbase Team

This is really useful that coinbase always improve their systems. And privacy policy is very strong. So we are safe on coinbase. I use coinbase and also like this wallet.