Arrested by the US Authorities Arrest For Teaching Cryptocurrency - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

Arrested by the US Authorities Arrest For Teaching Cryptocurrency

On 11/30/2019 at 10:52 PM, teminalibug said:

I was juts reading Forbes news and I found this news about a guy called Virgil Griffith, who was arrested for teaching about cryptocurrency.

Man! I thought The US had accepted crypto in 2018 at least that is what i was told, then what is this?

According to the aritxcle maybe The US has not fully accepted crypto juts like China. you can read more at https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbrett/2019/11/29/us-authorities-arrest-virgil-griffith-for-teaching-cryptocurrency-and-blockchain/#db602d042cba

UPDATE;

The man was arrested for teaching crypto in north Korea, But he was arrested by the US authorities, brings another question, why would they arrest him, I mean he had no permit to travel there and do all that but still.

I am also surprised that how can any cop arrest any person from the other country. I think the man did some illegal activities in the country. Otherwise I don't think for reason of teaching he cannot be arrested.

Online earning basic tutorials : https://www.onlinefreemaster.com/

Active and genuine airdrop channel https://t.me/dhamakatipsc

Twitter profile https://twitter.com/aminulslamamir

My gaming channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLHiTfp06Q8WZMmA6NbUDSA

On 2/15/2020 at 10:08 AM, Amirul Islam said:

I am also surprised that how can any cop arrest any person from the other country. I think the man did some illegal activities in the country. Otherwise I don't think for reason of teaching he cannot be arrested.

Well then perhaps teaching about crypto is an offense in some countries.

On 11/30/2019 at 9:52 PM, teminalibug said:

I was juts reading Forbes news and I found this news about a guy called Virgil Griffith, who was arrested for teaching about cryptocurrency.

Man! I thought The US had accepted crypto in 2018 at least that is what i was told, then what is this?

According to the aritxcle maybe The US has not fully accepted crypto juts like China. you can read more at https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbrett/2019/11/29/us-authorities-arrest-virgil-griffith-for-teaching-cryptocurrency-and-blockchain/#db602d042cba

UPDATE;

The man was arrested for teaching crypto in north Korea, But he was arrested by the US authorities, brings another question, why would they arrest him, I mean he had no permit to travel there and do all that but still.

In that news you can see that it is written that the person started this teaching without the permission of the federal government where there are sanctions on that, this is the reason. 

23 hours ago, Survay said:

In that news you can see that it is written that the person started this teaching without the permission of the federal government where there are sanctions on that, this is the reason. 

I did nit know it was a big deal to teach anyone about anything without permission, and it has never been now until now that people are trying to teach crypto.

2 hours ago, Ipal said:

I also read the news, but was open to being arrested for teaching crypto currency, but traveled to North Korea but didn't get permission first.

It feels like he's committed a crime, like killing a person or something, rather than just not getting permission. The United States, masochistic in this regard, will impose the maximum penalty for any minor offense.

These cases are politically related. He committed the crime. did not the US government's decision. He may be connected with the offense. You can see that it is written that a person start.

Income statement! In the United States, taxes are law. If you sell or buy something you must declare it, it could be that they do not declare this income and IRS everything they see, it did not fail in this case. That could have been the real cause of his arrest.

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

For myself this news is sad. Arresting someone who is teaching about cryto currencies is not good untill or unless he is not breaking the rules or doing something illegal. first of all, All the Governments should research deeply about this industry. If there are some loopholes they should discuss their concerns and communicate with the officials and make it available for their citizen.

Oh how could it happen I think US has restricted cryptocurrencies so that the teaching of such currencies is not permitted in US but I don't think that there should be any such restrictions while teaching about such currencies because today or in future the generation has to deal with the digital currency.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the reason for his arrest is probably not his teaching but his presence in North Korea.  It appears that North Korea has been using crypto for some purchases that the Americans dislike. 

Get $10,- for signing up with Coinbase. Already have a Coinbase account? Get up to $186,- for free by learning about crypto.

This is absolutely funny. Everything about digital currencies started with them. Why on Earth would the government do such scary attitude. We will all get there.

On 11/30/2019 at 10:22 PM, teminalibug said:

UPDATE;

I read the whole story, he is something to focus on

“Mr. Griffith allegedly traveled to North Korea without permission from the federal government, and with knowledge what he was doing was against the law. We cannot allow anyone to evade sanctions, because the consequences of North Korea obtaining funding, technology, and information to further its desire to build nuclear weapons put the world at risk. It’s even more egregious that a U.S. citizen allegedly chose to aid our adversary.”

i guess, if he is going to help North Korea, getting funding or cheating the system there is only place he is going, its called Jail. He was not arrested for crypto, but because he was giving advice to a rogue nation.

Despite receiving warnings not to go, Griffith allegedly traveled to one of the United States’ prime adversaries, North Korea, someplace he educated his spectators how to application blockchain technology to hedge sanctions,” secondary attorney common John Demers understood in a US division of impartiality statement.

21 hours ago, Sayema14 said:

They arrest him simply because of his education, not teaching crime If you scam him with selling a coin to another person, then the government will arrest you at that time but it is not an assumption that you arrest any person for education only.

Looks like crypto education is illegal in some countries just like darknet education is.

I don't see anything why police have to make an arrest on cryptocurrency campaign. What has the person done wrong to deserve the assault

On 11/30/2019 at 4:52 PM, teminalibug said:

This is strange. Can an American citizen enter and exit North Korea safely, I suspect that this country has very strange customs and provisions.

32 minutes ago, Captain Karim said:

This is strange. Can an American citizen enter and exit North Korea safely, I suspect that this country has very strange customs and provisions.

Maybe, or maybe they just have a very negative attitude towards crypto and those who spread the education of it.

• Useful or interesting 1

unfortunately, in my opinion it is not a good news, governments are trying in every way to slow down, block the advance of the crypto which is obviously something that cannot be stopped, they should instead think of ways to be able to integrate them into everyone's life people's days as a possible choice of alternative payments

On 12/1/2019 at 12:52 AM, teminalibug said:

I believe the sanctions talked about in the article is the US sanctions on trades with North Korea. But since decentralized blockchain-powered currencies are quite anonymous, it provides a way for North Korea to bypass sanctions imposed by the US government, which the US obviously doesn't want, because they always want what they desire to be accomplished, and one of them is punishing North Korea in unfair ways.

Just now, PiroSense said:

I believe the sanctions talked about in the article is the US sanctions on trades with North Korea. But since decentralized blockchain-powered currencies are quite anonymous, it provides a way for North Korea to bypass sanctions imposed by the US government, which the US obviously doesn't want, because they always want what they desire to be accomplished, and one of them is punishing North Korea in unfair ways.

Well north korea does not want nothing to do with the Americans, so america feels insulted and threatened which is normal for a country that thinks has power over all nations.

Yes, the thing really strives that teaching cryptocurrencies is not very good for the authorities. The government, thereby, poses that it puts behind bars those who know much more about cryptocurrencies. The news is not very good. 

yes teaching cryptocurrencies is not a crime untill it is based on all the regulations.so everyone have to obey the government rules  of any country

• Useful or interesting 1

i think its not fair for him to charge him for teaching about cryptocurrency, if he was teaching to earn or to mine the crypto in the country where crypto is banned would be another case but for just teaching about crypto , it is not fair at all , everyone deserves to have knowledge about new technology

• +3 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Now, for some reason, they are trying to ban cryptocurrency everywhere, but I think this is stupid. After all, everyone understands that the future is precisely with cryptocurrencies and banning it now is stupid, then it will be more difficult for the old people to enter this world. Many Asian countries have already gone far from other countries, this gives them advantages in the future.

• +4 1

On 11/30/2019 at 11:09 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

You should read the news carefully and completely. The person in question was not in fact arrested for cryptocurrency teaching. He was arrested because he had traveled to North Korea without permission from federal government. US considers North Korea as its adversary and they think Virgil wanted to help Korea evading sanctions by using cryptocurrency.

They think Virgil's teaching about crypto and blockchain will help to increase funding for Korea and they use it to build more nuclear weapons.

This is what I read in the news. If he had taught about cryptocurrency in US, he would never be arrested.

There are lots of academic courses about blockchain in US which means it is legal to teach about this technology.

Right, this could be the reason because USA could not arrest anyone for teaching crypto. Most of the crypto exchanges, platforms are from USA. Even most of the btc holders are from USA. Then why not government arrest them for working in crypto.

• +4 1