Creating New Topics without Source Link: What to do? - Page 2 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
kyoukage01

Creating New Topics without Source Link: What to do?

Lol! we have so many of such in this forum, members will openly copy another person's  work without making any proper reference of the source, that is outright plagiarism and this are among the things the mod should really work on.

52 minutes ago, halloweed said:

Uncited topics are exactly what's wrong with this forum, they ruin the SEO of this site and make it looks like a thief of copyrighted content.

Absolutely, and what amaze me most is to see such topics still active without been deleted by the mod, they are not making a good impression of this site if such act are not handled properly, in btt the mod will immediately remove such topic without hesitation.

👮‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, halloweed said:

They are still there because it is hard for mods to recognize if as topic is copied from where else or not, thy should code some kind of a script that compare topics with the search engines results.

Well they are the mods and i hope if they care about the content of the forum they should put things into consideration, honestly, it is really not good to see people copy and paste without making proper reference.

👮‍♂️ 

Already happen but I believe admin will take action about it, let see what happen. Some users post with high speed to get reward but they must understand about rules. As member we can send them message to remains them about the rules. Let's work together with admin to make clean forum for all of us.

If someone has higher education, experienced in writing articles, of course with his knowledge of cryptocurrency he will be able to create new topics, with his own words and sentences, without references or sources of links. I think this will not be a problem on the forums, but it is better to check first on duplichecker.com if there are any similar sentences with articles on the internet.

On 11/30/2019 at 6:46 PM, kyoukage01 said:

What to do, what to do? Shoot them dead right now, or give them a grace period to fix things up?

Report them, as long as they broke the rules. The moderators could decide, if there is useful (which I mean, really useful content and not just redundant replies) discussion already, to just give a notice on the person to include his source link through the Edit Post feature here, so as not to lose any valuable discussions.

Upon reporting, you could state that intent (only giving notice and not deleting the topic) on the textbox on the Report Post window here:

Capture.PNG.44d52b7d824e9024ea4ba004cb2c7b46.PNG

On 11/30/2019 at 11:18 PM, Warrior said:

As most of them are newbie so they really don't know anything about this kind of rules. They should know the rules before posting anything

I agree with this mate but being an member here in this forum, we need to guide them, thanks for making some thread like this to give them an idea how to posts properly and also how to create an thread properly.

Hello my friends
It is a good idea to post topics from other sites while considering the main source of the topic so as not to neglect the rights of the original author.
Beginners here, most of them are ignorant of these rules. We learn from each other by drawing attention "to the necessity of studying this, and committing to these steps in your topic."

Looks like we need to report them to admin if they copy pasting and didn't any give source (It's prohibited in the first way too though but maybe it can be their appeal later) It's really important to understand and fulffil the rules before making the thread especially if the source was about news from outside cryptotalk.

Well, humans love taking the shortest route to everything g in life. Hard work is not appealing to them only but a few will think about working hard than plagiarizing.

Yes the rules say that you should not copy and paste articles from other internet sources. Those who register here need to have some imagination and write their own articles made with their own ideas and personal quotes. Let's make this forum a better place. 

On 12/27/2019 at 3:24 PM, PiroSense said:

Report them, as long as they broke the rules. The moderators could decide, if there is useful (which I mean, really useful content and not just redundant replies) discussion already, to just give a notice on the person to include his source link through the Edit Post feature here, so as not to lose any valuable discussions.

Hehe, I started headhunting for trolls the week after I created this thread. That one week was the grace period. This thread was basically an ultimatum for the others to fix things up.

Your pic included in your post was good, but maybe it would be better if you include a sample of a report you make using the 'report post' button. That will give the other prospective 'cops' a perspective on how things are done. For example, there is no 'plagiarism' option on the 'report post' button. How are we going to report those? Things like that.

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

in this case, even though he included a link, haven't the rules from this forum been shared? so why would you make the same topic even though it has a link. he should know the rules, that the same topic is not permitted. this is the importance of reading and learning, so there is no mistaking it. Even though you're chasing the target post, doesn't that mean you have to spam right? according to give a warning so as not to do the same thing in the future.

I was recently browsing the trading thread and I happened across a post that is exactly what you post about, his title was original but the post he made was completely ripped from an article I just read. I think we should give them a chance to fix it though because I was scrolling through the replies and he did manage to spark a good discussion from the community and the post getting deleted would be a loss as there were good replies in there.

This is totally forbidden here to make copy paste post. also no one should copy post from another platform. to make copy paste post from another platform he should give the reference.

Yeah I agree mostly are newbie.

Thats is why whenever I am inviting a friend to join I am educating then some basics which they don’t need to ask in the forum again and again, lets be all responsible.

We can also choose which topics we can react and comment , if you think its off topic then try to avoid reacting just to say being in the flow of conversation.

8 minutes ago, faisalkhabirr said:

Hello buddy i would like to tell you that the persons who do this type of things in this forum weather they're scamming here or they are the beginners of this forum. And for the beginners i will refer they should get chances. But the scammers take advantages of it 

Yes, there are cases where there are new users who makes the beginner's mistake of creating topics that does not conform to the rules set by this forum, but would otherwise have been great contributors here. And there are others who make it a habit of creating a dummy account here just to troll us and give mods a hard time.

Now, if you spot such a topic/thread, which is which? Beginner's mistake, or a troll? You can't tell right away, right?

Don't worry about it, because most of the time, they only get away with just a few warning points that will expire in a few days. The habitual ones are the ones that really deserve a shot in the head (banned permanently).

19 minutes ago, Vanessa said:

Yeah I agree mostly are newbie.

Thats is why whenever I am inviting a friend to join I am educating then some basics which they don’t need to ask in the forum again and again, lets be all responsible.

We can also choose which topics we can react and comment , if you think its off topic then try to avoid reacting just to say being in the flow of conversation.

Your friends must be so lucky to have you. Most others don't. That is why we have forum issues like these.

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

On 1/5/2020 at 10:29 PM, Cryptojubayer said:

Creating new topics without source link is very bad because people will not get it's surity.

Yeah when a member create a topic without any source of link it will create really a very big problem for the all users of the forum.

I cannot know about this rule in the forum. If their is a senior member that know about this rule of the forum then kindly share the detail of this rule with us. So, we easily understand this rule. I cannot understand the rule from this post

6 hours ago, Muhammad Haroon said:

This rule is tough to understand because it has two more rules in it. First the reference must be appropriate and the second rule is this is not a duplicate one. So I suggest newbies not to involve in such activities. These are for experts. Now concentrate on learning and make creative posts.

If only the newbies can read this AND follow it. Alas, they most often don't, and would most likely don't care either if they happened to read it.

If you've noticed, some of the sections in this forum is filling up with new threads like these again these past days, while the "About Forums" section is relatively quiet, apart from the intermittent Airdrop trolls. It seems like they are allergic to the word RULES itself and avoid the "About Forums" section altogether.

Edited by kyoukage01

True,we can see a lot here in the forum,but i don't get bother with them,they know the rules,so i let them enjoy their earnings while violating the rules and face their consequences when admin start to delete it.

I don't want to feel guilty because i report them,i just let them to get frustrated when their post counts go down because of what they did.

Edited by Ms.o

some users have this type of problems because they don't know the rules of the forum.most of them are new users and they are doing without knowing well.for this type of thing admins are removing posts.we should make them aware

i am also a new member and i have marked that i have to give source link on every post.

So everyone should follow and read the rules before posting 

Most of the new members just join the campaign and get started with responding posts they don't go through the rules of the forum which results them of issuing warning points for giving unusual comments or off topic comments. 

On 11/30/2019 at 6:46 PM, kyoukage01 said:

Shitposters are mostly dealt with now, sure. Now let me draw attention to this.

As most users here are aware, the copy/pasting of UNCITED articles from other sources when creating a topic is prohibited:

But, as you've noticed, there are some new topics, specifically on the Crypto World section, that do not follow this rule. And they are growing in numbers everyday.

Now, what to do with these? If I or somebody else were to report these right now, I'd feel bad to the posts, especially useful ones, already made there, because we all know that if a topic gets deleted, the posts that were made in it gets deleted as well. But if these are to be ignored by us users, chances are, after the mods and admin have finally rounded up the remaining fragments of the scattered shitposts, these unreferenced topics will be next on their deletion menu; if not that, the creators of those articles themselves might raise hell, and we won't like to see an ugly legal battle here.

What to do, what to do? Shoot them dead right now, or give them a grace period to fix things up?

This thread also serves as a wake up call to those who created the topics in question: Get those topics of yours properly referenced, pronto.

This what happened if there is newbie here it is recommended that they will show the rules when signing up here because most of user go in active if they get report that they don’t do intentionally.

This is a very important question, but I do not know the answer. Hope the senior members who are there will help.