Cryptojacking - Page 3 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Agios

Cryptojacking

On 4/30/2020 at 4:52 PM, Iambee said:

I also have heard of that. Basically it is done for mining purpose. Mining require high power which can be only provided with the super computer but every minners cannot afford it so they try to connect other devices as well to obtain the required power supply.

Yes I think that you are right and I think that if you are doing mining in cruptocurrencies I think that you would need a supercomputer or a capable computer that can process high speed transactions and informations from the internet. 

• +1 1

The hacking system is very extensive, it happens that a file can have one small, hidden web - it seems not to be visible, but it works on the computer, and is also actively transmitted by any files, and you will not pay attention to how you will be hacked! Very scary.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

Crypto jacking is growing lately as hackers infest thousands of computers and profit from secret mining. A few ways to detect it have to do with performance of our systems and higher temperatures than usual. 

To avoid crypto jacking we should enhance our systems security with antivirus-antimalware software, use ad-block on our browsers and avoid clicking any link we find online. Especially avoid clicking links from emails which might be phising attempts.

I think my anti-virus software can pick them up and I've never run into one, thankfully.  These hackers and scammers are very clever. 

Yes this is right. In my opinion it is not safe. I will not give permission to any to use my personal computer or my any device for Crypto mining

On 11/30/2019 at 3:47 AM, Agios said:

XMRig, CoinHive, and CoinMiner.

The big reason why I never use all this software that is claiming to help you mine, and also faucets or other websites that can be dangerous. This cryptojacking software is making your computer slow and can destroy the hardware. I am very careful with software and websites and not use any of these.

• Useful or interesting 1

Thanks for this useful  information, but how does this malware gets into our phones or PC and how can we avoid malware from getting into our phones or PC. 

The most famous of these malicious programs is Coinminer, I think, these programs are malicious and harm computers and mobile phones significantly because they use a lot of energy from these devices in mining and this sometimes leads to the collapse of these devices, so it is necessary to combat these malicious programs and remove them.
There are actually some good programs and extensions in Google Chrome that combat this malware, so it is best to install them.

• +2 1

It is the most dangerous attack from the hackers. I've heard something about cryptojacking. I'm still learning much about it from online source. Don't be scammed friend. Be very careful when using blockchain  solutions. 

• +1 1

You can avoid cryptojacking by having strict control in your approach on the internet. If you don't download anything without looking good first and not follow all the links you see without doing research then you have a good chance of not being infected.

Cryptojacking is still a big threat and millions of computers around the world are infected and mining cryptocurrencies for others. It is lucrative for the programmers that created this software though, but as an idea it was probably ready to do it as they have networks of computers under their control without the owners even knowing.

Malware like cryptojacking infections are usually when we visit some websites without having protection in our browsers that come with adblockers. I recommend using adblock and you will be safe. There are ways for the malware to bypass them though so I am not always confident when visiting some websites.

Inserting of such a malware from anyone to your computer or PC or laptop or mobile phone is a very dangerous thing for you. with the help of this email malware he can get access to your personal information and in this way he can access to your accounts and he can hack your all set up. That is a very bad thing for all the users so we should be careful of them. We should not touch any thing which we can think it may include malware. 

You avoid cryptojacking and malware by protecting your system, visiting only websites that are legit and not downloading dubious applications for airdrops. I only visit websites that I know I can trust and don't use anything like desktop wallets. I used some in the past and my system was brought down and not working as it should so I removed everything else. Hold your crypto on a ledger or buy a samsung phone with crypto wallet. It works better and more safe.

It is strange how to do this ? Like  if you want to make the power connect  the computer to one and other it will use the internet  that means it would  not be the real power.

• +1 1

I am always very careful when I am use the internet dear. This is how you are have to protect from anything else too. We are have a few website that some use and they can have many of these threats like the cryptjacking that will make our computer run very slow. What you are have to do is stop visit websites that are not recommended.

Using good antivirus and adblock on your browser will help you a lot. But if you just download software from any source you find and don't verify or download from links then you may have a big problem worse than just cryptojacking.

• +1 1

I think it's really important to keep your data secured. The cryptotalk is really secured and safe for users. Your content is really a good advice for most of the people. Thank you for sharing this my friend. It's always good to keep your device clean .

• +2 1

Cryptojacking is one of the threats we need to be careful of. There are malware that can steal our private keys or other that change the public addresses on the clipboard to scammers addresses and steal money. There are phising emails and corrupted software. Anything we use can be problematic and make us lose our funds so it is important to keep learning and understanding how every threat works and what we need to do to counter.

I know this is something bad and sometimes when my system is running low on resources I always perform many scans to find if there is something that is causing it. I have excluded most apps from updating and removed most of the extensions from browser as I don't feel good having software that I don't know what it does exactly.

I have install an app which shows the pc performance and also show the running apps at system. Where I can see fully details of running operations also installed strong antivirus without scanning app from Google play store I don't run any kind of app my mobile phone. Always make strong security if you wanna work in crypto. These kind of malware suck all your system life from it. 

This malware will not install itself on your device, so you are primarily responsible for downloading any program. Always download and install applications from its official website. And stay away from programs that have suspicion or may be

Cryptojacking is the unauthorized use of someone else’s computer to mine cryptocurrency. Hackers do this by either getting the victim to click on a malicious link in an email that loads cryptomining code on the computer, or by infecting a website or online ad with JavaScript code that auto-executes once loaded in the victim’s browser.

It is not contingent on the applications that use the hardware capabilities of mining But also the presence of links that exploit the device or specific sites that we work with exploit that In addition, there is much talk about the Chrome browser that does the same thing and exploits devices to mine cryptocurrencies.

• +1 1

How to avoid be hijacked by crypto hackers, always avoid checking in on some unsolicited websites or links, also avoid sharing your passcode with anybody saying he can help to double your Cryptos in 3hrs.

• +1 1