Is online mining with other people's CPU is a kind of scam activity? - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Brushless4500KV

Is online mining with other people's CPU is a kind of scam activity?

As some of you may have experienced, there are some websites that slow down your PC performance significantly and when you open windows task manager, you will see that your browser is consuming about 80% to 100% of CPU usage! At first, I thought this happens due to high number of flash ads in some websites that put my PC under pressure to load them but I was wrong! I installed an anti-mining add-on for my browser and to my surprise I found that most websites that are related to cryptocurrency, use my CPU for mining! This add-on will detect and disable any mining attempt with your PC and will speed up your PC performance again.

I think this is a kind of fraudulent activity to use other people's PC to mine for yourself without asking for their permission. They will use your PC and your electricity to mine coins for themselves and make profit. What is your idea about this phenomenon? Do you agree with me?

I also think like you. If it is considered scamming why so many websites are doing this? I have seen even some well-known websites mine with their users' CPUs. Is there any profit in mining with people's CPU? How much they can mine a day with this kind of activity? Will they mine at least 1 BTC?

How they can access to other CPUs on the internet? Do they hack your computer first to be able to access your CPU settings?

I am surprised that even Anti-Virus or Anti-Malware softwares can't prevent their activities and you have to install an add-on to stop it. So, if someone can access your PC easily, he can steal your personal information too!

On 11/29/2019 at 8:35 AM, hmind said:

Yes, it's the same as stealing in my opinion. We fool people with our abilities is not a good thing and very detrimental to others. Yes, I can say this is a scam or a virus.

Yes I guess it is like your using them without their knowledge, it is scam and not good at all, try to get a powerful cpu and mine by yourself 

Yes, so I don't think it is recommendable to do it because the electricity and computer's power you consume is the same like you were mining. So better upgrade your rig if you want to mine. But there is a question of mine, it is applicable to phone? The online mining?

Yes, malware related to hidden mining is widespread on the Internet and I have made a topic about this, these sites are planting scrap mining mining using your device through the browser and this causes high temperature and slow the device, regular viruses can not detect these malicious programs because they work within The browser should install an anti-mining miner such as "NoCoin".

What is the best method to prevent this scam activity? I have installed an add-on for my chrome browser. It detects and stops any mining activity from websites but when I check my CPU usage in task manager, I see that it is still 30%. I think that's high for normal use. I'm looking for something more strong and more effective. Which softwares or anti-malwares do you use to stop unwanted mining? I don't understand why anti-virus softwares can't detect mining activities. How is this possible?! They are designed to fight any hacking activity and mining is considered a kind of hacking. Is there any other anti-mining program like NoCoin?

4 hours ago, Brushless4500KV said:

What is the best method to prevent this scam activity? I have installed an add-on for my chrome browser. It detects and stops any mining activity from websites but when I check my CPU usage in task manager, I see that it is still 30%. I think that's high for normal use. I'm looking for something more strong and more effective. Which softwares or anti-malwares do you use to stop unwanted mining? I don't understand why anti-virus softwares can't detect mining activities. How is this possible?! They are designed to fight any hacking activity and mining is considered a kind of hacking. Is there any other anti-mining program like NoCoin?

Check on your task manager whether there are a malicious activity, you can locate the malicious thing on your computer (if you ever installed or allow pop up ads on malicious website).

On your browser, if you use Chrome simply go to more tools then click task manager, you can see how much extension you used, if you find malicious extension kill it with end process, but this method won't clear up the roots.

Try install Malwarebytes if you stressed out.

Of course it is a scam activity . I suggest you if you want to make profit then you can upgrade your computer or you can do cloud mining. both of them are profitable.

When something is not legit, it is considered scam too because it is illegal. When someone mines with your PC, he puts your CPU under high pressure because CPU load will increase with mining and when CPU usage goes up, CPU temperature also increases and heat is the most destroying factor for electronic boards. I think running ads are better because at least they don't ruin peoples' CPUs. So, if someone wants to mine with my CPU, he can ask for my permission. For example, they can show you a message in the home page about whether you agree or disagree with mining and you can choose yes or no. There is no reason for hiding it from users.

Yes that is like fraud activity.

But i never getting website who run some mining script in background. Because i use Mozzila Firefox in every access internet in my computer. That browser is have feature to block any mining script and some spyware also, so i don't worry too much about it.

But let's look about the mining itself. Website to get allowed mining is only by browser. The browser often used for mining is Chrome. That browser also taking many CPU and RAM without mining lol. But to mining Bitcoin and other top coin these days is only get small reward. So i don't think that is worth, because that is risky. If the reader of that website know it, their reputation will going poor and that website will quiet and died itself.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

On 11/28/2019 at 5:21 PM, Brushless4500KV said:

They will use your PC and your electricity to mine coins for themselves and make profit. What is your idea about this phenomenon? Do you agree with me?

This is an evil script for most devil website. They are using our resources without permission. I use web protection from antivirus software to reject these dangerous sites. And yes they are breaking the law.

Yeah, in my opinion, it's the same as theft. It is not a good thing and very harmful to others that we fool people with our skills. Yes, it's a fraud or a virus that I can tell.

There is some collective cpu mining that are LEGIT, yes, commonly they use the cryptonote algorythm (like XMR). A lot of website offer to use the mining via your browser, commonly it is a scrypt from website like CoinHive (closed) but they take a percentage of your mining power.

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

Before only downloads had hidden miners on them, Torrent movies and what not. Now they have stepped it up a notch and are hiding it in websites. Funnily many faucet and fishy PTC sites are also infested with these hidden miners. I think I know about the extension you use on the browser. There are a few but many give false positives on certain sites. Best way to be sure is to have a proper Internet Security AV software.

Is online mining with other people's CPU is a kind of scam activity? the better option is using your own CPU to mine and trying to get a powerful, mining with other peoples CPU is not a good idea.

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

This is not fraud, but it is a hoax. Because people will not know, and the owner of the website will use millions of individual processors for mining and making big profits, but will give individual non-commercial bitcoins. This is a cheat, a modern scam.

If you have proper knowledge about mining so you can do it but mining need high performs PC and big GPU so i dont suggest to use Home PC mining this will take full performs of your PC you cannot use this computer for mining propose if you want to start mining you need large amount of investment.

Yes, it is Wan fraud and theft
  Use of others' purposes without the permission of the owner is considered theft
  My advice to you is not to do this thing because it might penetrate your computer from a virus or hacker and destroy all your information

On 1/18/2020 at 7:12 PM, Krysta said:

I don't think that it is a scam but i know that it only generates a small amount of bitcoin so it's really useless in terms of your pc getting hotter and it's bad for the gpu

When someone else uses your CPU power to mine bitcoin for himself without informing you and without giving you any percentage of interest, this is definitely a scam activity. It is like you lend your PC for free to someone and he put it under pressure and and let it overheat to earn some satoshi for himself and doesn't even pay for electricity! Of course, no one can tolerate this kind of behavior with his computer because you should pay extra electricity bill + the damage done and the cost to repair your CPU in the long run.

Edited by Brushless4500KV

It's called cryptojacking and antivirus programs will detect programs that do this and quarantine them. But they usually quarantine all cryptocurrency miners in the process including the bitcoin blockchain client. These are false positives but they can't tell the difference

Why are you looking for another faucet in signatures like mine, cryptotalk is the best earnings site. 😉

I totally agree with you. This kind of mining websites are created for newbies that think they can easily mine coins and earn a lot of money from that just by using their computer. 

Well, I think it is a scam, so stay away from it, this is like stealing and without any knowledge. This is not a good way to make a profit

On 11/28/2019 at 11:21 AM, Brushless4500KV said:

As some of you may have experienced, there are some websites that slow down your PC performance significantly and when you open windows task manager, you will see that your browser is consuming about 80% to 100% of CPU usage! At first, I thought this happens due to high number of flash ads in some websites that put my PC under pressure to load them but I was wrong! I installed an anti-mining add-on for my browser and to my surprise I found that most websites that are related to cryptocurrency, use my CPU for mining! This add-on will detect and disable any mining attempt with your PC and will speed up your PC performance again.

I think this is a kind of fraudulent activity to use other people's PC to mine for yourself without asking for their permission. They will use your PC and your electricity to mine coins for themselves and make profit. What is your idea about this phenomenon? Do you agree with me?

I don't  think using other people's computers to mine is a bad phenomena talk more of a kind of scamming let's be clear here  well it depends on your original intensions towards the computer's owner

Yes, all of the websites that claim that they mine cryptocurrency, are fake. It cannot generate the power of mining cryptocurrency. I have tried a lot of websites but unfortunately I didn't get any payment from the websites. They are fully fake. 

1 hour ago, Binjit said:

Maybe i heard about it but but dont know truly many my friends told me it is one type of scam or it
will be a virus damage you system and steal your data from your hard drive better is away from it

It is not a virus. It is just a software, bot or any other software that gains access to your computer to use its CPU power to mine coins for another person. Even if it doesn't damage your PC, it is not a moral behavior to penetrate into someone else's computer and use it without permission. It is at the same level of hacking because someone will enter your PC unnoticed. Maybe other people look at it from a different angle but it is not acceptable for me.

Edited by Brushless4500KV