Ethereum network is not secure! - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
faceless

Ethereum network is not secure!

I think that Ether is not secure, I did not do much research just noticed after these two incidences stated below.

• Ether hack on cryptopia exchange
  • Ether hack on Upbit exchange
  • Useful or interesting 4
  • -5 2
  • -1 2
  • +1 3
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

True. I have also heard about some hacking related issues on Ethereum blockchain. That means ether is not secure, one of my friends myetherwallet account have been hacked and he lost over 200$ ethereum in the process.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

Its the exchange that got hacked and you blame the eth network for it? There has also been many stolen XEM coins almost 40 million worth of coins were stollen but that doesn't there is a problem with the coin its the exchange to be blame.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +5 2

I don't think there's security 100% safe. Maybe ethereum is having bugs and hackers (crackers) found it. 

• -2 1
  • +1 1
  • +5 1

12 minutes ago, PiedPiper said:

Nope that's not true it's the exchange fault, they are the one that is careless here they do not have a tight security and the hacker got in it's not the coin's fault that they are hacked you should do your research and not blame Ethereum.

I'm not blaming ETH, I said "maybe" smh. and it turns out it was an exchange fault. by the way, thank you for correcting me.

the ETH network is secure 100% and that different from the exchange itself security we do remember how the biggest exchanges like binance got hacked and the eth network surly have nothing to do with that 

Yes, the last kryptonopolis not encouraging at all, especially when the exchange is robbed , sadly. But if we talk about the ether itself, it is quite stable, and its price is almost stable, it is very good for holding

On 11/29/2019 at 7:32 AM, rekter said:

Just because the exchanges didn't have their security in check it doesn't mean it's an ethereum security issue.

Yea exactly! we have seen it happening before many times and its always the people blaming etheruem for it and claim there is something wrong with their network and forget its the exchange fault to not have good security.

ETH and also other crypto currencies are safe if like this hackers will hack the system and the exchange blame that ETH system is not sure than this is not the fault of the ETH security system the fault is just the exchanges because they earn money through the investors but they are not provide the security.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

One shouldn't use Ether so this way it can rebuilt for safety as I was too looking their is no way to recover a password or no way to keep more secure like alerts, 2fa factor code.

People are losing hopes with Ethereum from a long time so now they will lose even more .

I don't have sure if that that the ethereum network is not secure than bitcoin and other altcoins.

But only I know I that the ethereum have the very best technology than all cryptocurrencies.

Trade on forex without KYC verification, also deposit and withdraw easy with bitcoin.... Just click on this LINK

The best forex broker with leverege up to 300× minimum deposit $10 only.

Iqoption.com/signup

I think it is an exchangers fault, not the ethereum network. If you do some research, there are some malicious transaction to in XLM and XRP too in upbit. Someone make  a withdrawal with more than a million xlm and xrp.  They should make a superb security system for exchangers, don't give some hacker a way to break the database.

Edited by I-KUN

Ooh its really bad news for ethereum holders of upbit exchange 341000 ethereum is a very large amount of ethereum. Very sad.

SIGNATURE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR RENT 

Unfortunately, the Ethereum network has many vulnerabilities, and project developers are constantly putting these errors in the background.  Even though it is a beautiful and useful project, the Ethereum network needs to be improved and first of all to get rid of security holes.

My main language is not English, sorry for if i made any mistake when i write a message.

Give me 💙 if my post is helpful

Thank you.

Is there a clear theory why ethereum networks are not secure? I think the hacking case that happened before was not due to a network error but on an existing exchange system loophole, Apabpila you have an article that explains about the hacking case because of ethereum network errors if I may ask for the link.

hahahaha....that's some serious accusations you've got there buddy. A lot goes into defining what a hack is and what it's not for a blockchain. 

What id the exchanges you mentioned had their own flaws that lead to their hacks. The fact that they got hacked doesn't mean ETH network is compromised

On 11/29/2019 at 6:32 AM, rekter said:

Just because the exchanges didn't have their security in check it doesn't mean it's an ethereum security issue.

Yea ita so ridiculous how they found a way to pin rhis on etheruem even tho they have nothing to do with it because the exchange should have been making more security measures.  Its like blaming apple for a mistake you made on your own like dropping your phone and cracking your screen.

On 11/28/2019 at 12:51 AM, hellelali said:

I think there are many hackers work for stolen all users in exchangers. I advice all beginner users they must take attention doing strong password and choose best wallet and exchanger

Hackers hack the exchanges because they know that any exchange when they hack they make good money through this and they are not getting hack a single person account of hacker hack the exchange than if your password will strong then it don,t need them to crack they just send the money to another wallet and disappear.

BetFury                                                   

It is not the ether network, it is from the exchange, the website has low security and eth has a fast confirmation speed that is why it is used

It is not the ether network, it is from the exchange, the website has low security and eth has a fast confirmation speed that is why it is used

It could be true or false, but from my experience I think if ether was not secure, some programmer could have found the vulnerability and inform us.

On 12/2/2019 at 11:53 AM, cryptoalik said:

Ethereum network is secure and also very trusted.But in your case if you don't have a secured account then it's in danger.

its actually the exchange to blame not the people who have their money on the exchange or have accounts there because the exchange should have made the exchange unhackable in the first place.

On 11/28/2019 at 8:18 PM, Aceventura said:

True. I have also heard about some hacking related issues on Ethereum blockchain. That means ether is not secure, one of my friends myetherwallet account have been hacked and he lost over 200$ ethereum in the process.

I think ETH is secure and good coin the fault is just in the exchanges where we see that so many exchanges will be hacked and investors will lost their all money and this si not good thing for us in the last year almost cryptopia will be hacked and i lost my all money in it. Kindly secure the exchanges.

BetFury                                                   

There's no safe network, hacker will break the safety program soon or later. This is bad news for all of us but we only player that don't have ability to protect all network. Simple solution is keep our asset only in bank, meaning never use exchanges for saving.