What is the difference between Solo and Pool mining? - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

What is the difference between Solo and Pool mining?

Some people do not know the difference between these two types of mining

1- Solo Mining

It means that you can do it on your own using your own device. If you find a bitcoin block you get it on your own, which is equivalent to about 12BTC. If you don't get a full block, you won't get anything, no matter how long it takes for mining.

2-Pool mining:

Mass mining is where a large number of devices share a single Pool and they mining using the power of their devices combined. 

If they get a bitcoin block, this block is divided on everyone in different proportions depending on the strength of each device. This method is of course faster.

So mass mining is better because it has a much greater success rate in getting a Bitcoin block than Solo.

• Useful or interesting 1

Thanks for teaching us this informations, there is a lot of members here who they really need to know this kind of informations, thanks for your contribution 

• Useful or interesting 1

On 11/25/2019 at 8:30 AM, Crypto123 said:

1- Solo Mining

It means that you can do it on your own using your own device. If you find a bitcoin block you get it on your own, which is equivalent to about 12BTC. If you don't get a full block, you won't get anything, no matter how long it takes for mining.

I like your write up, it is educative for newbies. I jjst want to add the disadvange of solo mining, it is not profitable unless you have millions of dollars to start. 

Solo solo will be difficult. At this time and since 2017 it has been difficult to do solo mining.  Because the level of difficulty and the number of mining pools at this time.

of course mining using pool is better. i think if i do solo mining, the chance for me to find the block is very low and it will spend very long time. i think share some hashrate will be a good choice for mining. 

23 minutes ago, I-KUN said:

of course mining using pool is better. i think if i do solo mining, the chance for me to find the block is very low and it will spend very long time. i think share some hashrate will be a good choice for mining. 

Of course, this is true because using solo mining, except that you need a very high specification computer and a download we would like it too, you can take your life before you get a single block because of the difficulty of mining unless it is a super computer.

1 minute ago, Crypto123 said:

Of course, this is true because using solo mining, except that you need a very high specification computer and a download we would like it too, you can take your life before you get a single block because of the difficulty of mining unless it is a super computer.

if we use our computer for mining, i'm sure it won't make any profit. even if we use a super computer in mining pool. we can't compete with some miner communities or maybe some big mining companies that uses a tons of ASIC miner hardware with a high hashrate.

1- Solo Mining

2-Pool mining:

Mass mining is where a large number of devices share a single Pool and they mining using the power of their devices combined. 

If they get a bitcoin block, this block is divided on everyone in different proportions depending on the strength of each device. This method is of course faster.

So mass mining is better because it has a much greater success rate in getting a Bitcoin block than Solo.

You are very right. 

Mining solo is not recommended at all because the person mining would not even solve one algorithm because of self centeredness and greed. Mining pool is the best to consider. And someone should search for legit mining farms for not to get scammed.

Mining solo is when you mine alone while mining pool is a mining farm where many people come together with their powerful mining hardware to mine. To join mining pool is highly recommended.

Solo mining and Pool mining. Solo mining means that you can do it on your own with the help of your own device while pool mining means mining with other people and with a lot of gadgets.

1- Solo Mining

2-Pool mining:

Thank you a lot brother, and for sure today no one can mine with SOLO Mining in BTC, because of the difficulty become very high and you need a very strong devices, so i will add that for me i prefer to mine Altcoin, and then converted to Bitcoin.

CAUTION: Search and verify any information you receive, otherwise you will be just a puppet.

Made it by REDAMOUN With Love

If there is good power for finding blocks regularly, then a node rises and all equipment is pitted against it. So you kill two birds with one stone - and you don’t pay the pool commission and insure yourself against theft or unfair distribution of the reward from the pool

With solo mining, one may never get to mine any block, because of increased difficulty and other miners using more sophisticated mining equipment, but whenever they do, the reward is usually well worth it. With pool mining however, the likelihood to mine some blocks is high, but at the end of the day, the reward is shared among all participating miners.

468x60.png

2 hours ago, redamoun said:

Thank you a lot brother, and for sure today no one can mine with SOLO Mining in BTC, because of the difficulty become very high and you need a very strong devices, so i will add that for me i prefer to mine Altcoin, and then converted to Bitcoin.

Yes, this is a very good note, for those who do mining and do not have strong mining devices, it is better for them to mining coins that are rather easy for bitcoin and then convert it to bitcoin, and this is much better. Thanks for this important addition.

Mining solo is when you mine alone which is not advisable because you may not solve the algorithm in decades making you to lose. But mining pool means mining farm in which plenty people that mines come together to mine and be rewarded according to their individual hardware mining capability or capacity. It is highly reccomemded.