What if it happened to another coin?? - Page 9 - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
wilbertson

What if it happened to another coin??

All altcoins suffered worse fate during the Bitcoin bear market. It was coins that reached 99% down from their ATH and these weren't just low cap coins but XRP, BCH and more of the top 10 cryptocurrencies. It didn't matter because the mining is still profitable.

• Useful or interesting 1

I don't remember this time because I wasn't watching Bitcoin at that time but I have seen the chart and to me it seems that everyone should be buying at that time, although it was probably scary to see a big drop in price like that. I think that the other coins did worse than this though and Bitcoin performed better in the bear market.

• +1 1

Bitcoin does that very often if you look at the whole chart. It crashes and it has crashed from $10 to zero and back up then from $100 to $10 and more than that. So it is what Bitcoin does, it rises for a long time then drops for some time until it becomes again a good investment and the chart reverses. Probably has to do with the halving.

• +2 1

Since the price doesn't matter too much, most projects keep running while some that were only interested in making money are abandoned, what we see is a good cryptocurrency market that has profits right now but it was expected from the developers so they kept going. What will be important is to see what altcoins will do when they stop following Bitcoin as all theinterest is in this asset right now.

• +2 1

What you are not looking at all is the percentages. If you look at the distance from ATH in percentage, you will find that Bitcoin performed as usual and altcoins were hopeless and useless and dumped 90-99% during 2018-2019. Sadly they didn't all die as they were supposed to because the devs knew they could keep making money from them while doing nothing.

• +2 1

I don't actually understand what you are talking about. What happened to Bitcoin? It dropped from 20k to 3k? But it started from $1000 in 2017 so it corrected in a price threefold of where it started. I don't know what exactly is the point, there was a huge rise and a possible bubble since 20x in one year is called that. Then there was a correction and Bitcoin went back to the average price rise. And now it is 20k again having started from around 10k average but perhaps lower. It can go to 200k and drop to 40k. Would it be a disaster having gained 20k in one year?

• +3 1

Sadly the rest coins suffered worst fate and this is sad not for the coins but for the investors that believed in them. The fact that Bitcoin has ups and downs is known and we always say don't invest too much because the market is very risky.

• +2 1

What matters is that Bitcoin was ready for anything and while many probably quit and felt they lost money, in fact Bitcoin is back to the all time high and looking close to a push above. It already did new ATH in most exchanges but it was only for a few dollars and looks that this was a premature attempt.

• +2 1

I never thought that 3k would be the end of Bitcoin. I was even thinking that 1k was a possibility and it could have gone there, but it happened that Bitcoin found good support in an unexpected guest. It was the plustoken ponzi that bought billions in Bitcoin for months. It started buying in April 2018 at 3k and ended with Bitcoin reaching 14k after a few months. Even if it went to 1k I would still think it would recover no matter what.

• +2 1

On 11/25/2019 at 2:29 PM, wilbertson said:

We all remember that time when BTC went all the way down to 3k we all suffered and some panicked that it was the end of btc, then even mining became unprofitable. What if that happened to another coin, people lose hope then they sell it all never to buy again. 

I think people kept hope in btc because of it's rank. If it was another coin it would have surely died for good.

What do you guys say?

If it happened to another coin, that coin may not have recovered. Bitcoin is already estiblished in the crypto market and has a lot of support and institutional backing hence these volatility will not affect its recovery, it will just increase its tradability.

• +2 1

If such a drastic drop in price happened to another altcoin, of course it might not be able to recover, maybe that coin would die and have no value anymore. Nobody expected that the price of bitcoin would recover and surpass the price in 2017, we know many are pessimistic but bitcoin has proven its resilience in the cryptocurrency market.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

15 hours ago, Danyah ghaith said:

Bitcoin and altcoin will survive with their own way, just follow the trend and get out if the price reach our limit. Bitcoin & altcoin can be replacement with other financial instrument, we have no control about it.

Bitcoin would survive yes I agree, but for altcoins i can not speak for all of them some of them are real weak and with such a fall, there is not surviving.

At that time everyone thinks that bitcoin is only fun and at this time number of people also think same because they don't know what is bitcoin because mostly fake youtubers change the image of bitcoin I also worried when first time I know about bitcoin because till that day I listen about it by fake youtubers and I earned a number of bitcoins from many applications and when at the first time I know about the price of bitcoin I think wow at this day I earned number of bitcoins now I am richest person. 

Bitcoin and also Wellcoin can make it using their method, only sticking to a particular craze and the fact that the value reaches to reduce our own can achieve there.Believe that it will always be the most stable currency and one of the leaders, I know that it will continue to hold and through this we will be able to continue your financial improvement.

Yes we really hope in BTC, because the cryptocurrency market is dependent on the price of bitcoin, if other coins fell so low I don't think it would last. Bitcoin can demonstrate its resistance to the market, it is able to survive despite repeated falls. There is no other coin like bitcoin, we hope it will continue to rise thus pushing up the price of other altcoins.

• +1 1

On 12/25/2020 at 3:40 PM, Abuzar90 said:

Yes what is happening to the other Coins like the Talk Tokens. The Coins are losing their values day by day. And this is an alarm for us. So, be prepared for every kind of future losses. We should have to Invest in these Coins.

Some of us users, we wish only the best for the talk coin, but the few of us been royal would not help.. the administration should do something about it, there is gotta be a way to secure investment of the talk token.

If bitcoin price kept on falling it serves as an advantage to other people to buy it at a very low price but if thesame scenario happens to other alt coin more than 97% loose hope for that coin but i think the reason why bitcoin case was different is because of it past history and reputation .

Yeah bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency bitcoin is strong because mostly  used cryptocurrency but must be reserves coins other investment minimum loss we just follow trend get price our limit  thank you dear

Yeah top altcoins would badly suffer if the same situations happened to them. Bitcoin survived even its price gone below $3k sometime  in the past & alive again because people trusted it. 

Actually if it happens to any coin it will be advice able to do more about there coin and promote it to a better thing as of before.

If you’re new to crypto, I’ll tell you that it has already happened with other currencies and that’s exactly why you haven’t heard of them because this good market has killed a lot of projects. And people lost faith in other currencies. 

It has happened before with many currencies, an example is ByteCoin, which was on par with the DOGE and was mined by everyone, its price from one moment low to another (it is rumored that it was an exit scam of the devs of the project) and it died totally, currently almost no exchange accepts it and mining it is not profitable, therefore it is a dead currency.

• +2 1

On 11/25/2019 at 9:29 AM, wilbertson said:

We all remember that time when BTC went all the way down to 3k we all suffered and some panicked that it was the end of btc, then even mining became unprofitable. What if that happened to another coin, people lose hope then they sell it all never to buy again. 

I think people kept hope in btc because of it's rank. If it was another coin it would have surely died for good.

What do you guys say?

If people will be getting panicked and using to sell their coins only, thats means the fate of that coin must be ending even if it will be bitcoin. 

• +2 1

Bitcoin only survived because there are a lot of people interested in it. So it has survived so far.

The cryptocurrency in the market is dependent on Bitcoin. The price of Bitcoin sometimes goes down again, sometimes goes up, it depends on the market demand. Each currency has its own challenges. All currencies support Bitcoin. Bitcoin They live their own way with the data.