How to end a topic that's overrun with bot posts - Page 6 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
GhoulSlayer

How to end a topic that's overrun with bot posts

This cannot be stopped, according to my information, unless the main post or topic is deleted, and so it will stop

• -1 1

Life is great and enjoy it

your only option is to tell about it to moderators and they will clean it or will delete your topic. i think giving authors ability to close and moderate their own topics is neccessery as forum grows and i hope that future will be added to this forum soon. otherwise it is veyr hard and your usefull post/topic may be deleted becaus eof some spammers who ruined your /someones topic. its unfair.

This is a great idea that would help to reduce spam on the forum and I think that you can stop more comments on a topic by locking that topic so I think all topic authors should lock their topics after one week.

Just leave them to dust as necroposting.

Right now we are in a situation where that won't happen anymore i believe since registrations are off and more bots kindergarten will be here 😉

Now new people will continue posting good meaningful content which is a good thing to have.

• +1 2

The Best Auto Faucet with levels - Highest Paying:

https://firefaucet.win/

The Best Auto Faucets with no minimum withdraw amount to ExpressCrypto!

https://autofaucet.dutchycorp.space/ | https://autofaucet.org/   |   https://autoclaim.in/   |   https://autobitco.in/

I agree with you, any topic on which comments have become useless and not related to the content of the topic should be terminated, and any post without meaning or with low content must be reported to the forum admin team and this contributes to cleaning the forum from spam

Unfortunately we can't close a post ourselves can only be done by the moderators what if we can do is delete the post but it is not ideal because it would lose help information in the post

Yes.It is possible to stop anymore reply in your posted topic.But you can't do this.It can be done by the modaretors.If they think that no more reply should be given in this post,the will lock that post.And after that,there will be no option for replying in that post.

• +1 1

As for me, when reading good and useful topics, I give the subject a positive evaluation, and when reading bad topics, I give it a negative rating. As for if I see spam messages, I inform the supervisors immediately.

On 7/29/2020 at 2:51 PM, Captain Karim said:

As for me, when reading good and useful topics, I give the subject a positive evaluation, and when reading bad topics, I give it a negative rating. As for if I see spam messages, I inform the supervisors immediately.

That is good useful posts always receive positive reactions were for bad posts it receives negative reactions. Therefore if we want good reputations we need to work hard by creating useful post to receive positive reactions.

And there is something very annoying is the very long topic, which if you start to read it reaches the middle and the speech is a welcome and unhelpful words and this matter loses focus and causes boredom The topic should only be limited to main ideas and specific questions that are indicated by the subject owner.

• +1 1

Bro as members we can't turn off the comments until now. And only mods and admins have the right of doing so. The best thing you could do is reporting those who are sharing bad quality posts and sure they would be removed from the forum or get equivalent penalties as a lesson.

NOTHING I SAY IS FINANCIAL ADVICE. YOU SHOULD USE YOUR MIND ,FOR YOUR MONEY,

It is very easy for an human being to close any post he wants when he thinks that there is no point in responding to it anymore, and this happens often for a lot of issues,only by reporting the topic.

On 12/8/2019 at 7:14 PM, xprince1996 said:

I hope they implement this feature soon so that we can see the real accounts here because I am sure many users here are VPN users and taking advantage of the weakpoint of this forum.

Spammers are using VPN and take advantage of this forum but i think now the forum have more strirct than before, i think spam messages are getting lower and lower. I think we should also report those spam messages to make it easier for moderators to clean the forum.

• +5 1

Unfortunately, this feature is not available

Topics are closed by brokers only

Or if you delete the topic after receiving an appropriate answer

You can address the moderators and deliver your comprehensive message to close your topic

• +1 2

I like that OP, which is still valid over time, I like the bubbly thing because I feel like a spam bubble is being created again, which I feel is about to burst with certain users.

At the time of this OP, you could help by reporting, today we can help mods/Foro/ community self-manage the forum, and even control payments, this is a powerful tool for a community.

Please use it correctly: not give unfair negative votes, not give by  "talk token" gain.

I really like the closing  Op it deserves to quote it again:

On 11/24/2019 at 10:55 PM, GhoulSlayer said:

I think it's important that everyone report posts that are gibberish, make zero sense as they are clogging up the flow between real people. Thoughts?

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

On 12/2/2019 at 3:41 AM, Migo said:

we should report any member who use spam or any illegal services in this forum here, and this is for our good and keep this forum clean and valuable 

Yes if we notice any member doing spam in this forum, then report moderators they block that member, but lock our topics its not good advice, because most of members not visit locked topics its a real fact, if the topic should have good content, then members miss the knowledge so Better try to report spammers 

Edited by Honny143
  • +1 1

It seems that many do not read ... but they inspire those of us who read.

Title:

How to end a topic thats overrun with "bot" posts.

It seems that some want to enter the race, Ok let's make a "spring race":

minimum of overrun 7 post (omg!  I'm close...  .) )

1st place: @duncun007

On 11/25/2019 at 2:10 PM, duncun007 said:

i....

On 12/3/2019 at 6:35 PM, duncun007 said:

On 12/5/2019 at 12:43 AM, duncun007 said:

On 12/5/2019 at 5:15 PM, duncun007 said:

On 12/6/2019 at 8:58 PM, duncun007 said:

On 12/7/2019 at 9:52 PM, duncun007 said:

On 12/8/2019 at 9:58 PM, duncun007 said:

On 12/9/2019 at 6:02 PM, duncun007 said:

2nd place: @xprince1996

On 12/2/2019 at 6:13 AM, xprince1996 said:

2.-here

On 12/5/2019 at 10:57 AM, xprince1996 said:

On 12/5/2019 at 9:25 PM, xprince1996 said:

On 12/6/2019 at 9:58 PM, xprince1996 said:

On 12/8/2019 at 7:14 AM, xprince1996 said:

On 12/9/2019 at 8:45 AM, xprince1996 said:

"quote" is not prohibited, but it is a bad practice, to win post, try to make the conversation add to the topic not to your daily account.

Please! I hope it's not literal and you get the point.

Edited by alexisfuentes
please.

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

On 8/24/2020 at 8:44 PM, alexisfuentes said:

It seems that many do not read ... but they inspire those of us who read.

Title:

How to end a topic thats overrun with "bot" posts.

It seems that some want to enter the race, Ok let's make a "spring race":

minimum of overrun 7 post (omg!  I'm close...  .) )

1st place: @duncun007

2nd place: @xprince1996

2.-here

"quote" is not prohibited, but it is a bad practice, to win post, try to make the conversation add to the topic not to your daily account.

Please! I hope it's not literal and you get the point.

would you like to take over my account and post  too? or do I need permission from you to post on here? 

If you simply read the replies you would see that I was replying to other members. I also got to see your posts and many times you were replying to topics from almost a year ago and even your recent replies were things that are already said by other members. If I was on here for the money i would've had over 10k posts by now. If you are here to police me then go ahead mate.

I hope you find this answer because it is something to avoid and have in your posts coments not worthy. I didnt know bots can comment and perhaps someone made a bot that can do that but it will be makeing very bad posts if so. Perhaps AI may improve them. Any way this can be solve if you report the useles posts, but do that only if you are sure they are as you say.

• +1 2

The only means known to me is by reporting to the appropriate channel, that's to the moderators of the forum. It's even simple, report and let them do their job assign to do. Reporting any illicit acts is a collective responsibility, let's keep to it, in order to keep our forum Clean, neat and tidy.

• +1 1

If you create any topic then you can delete the topic but you wont be able to stop the topic to do   comment    by another member.. Yah there has a way to stop the comments if you talked with the forum authorities about your topic then soon they will closed the topic without any doubt.. Only the moderator has the Power                

• +1 2

Many seniors members are here at forum who can be direct tagged or tag Mods with request of closing thread.If you want to have privacy then you can P.M mods and explain in details.But most of all we have to consider why we need to close thread ,it will be more convenient for us to remove spam or useless comments from thread by reporting .Now we have privacy and can't be harmed in return.So all members have to clean all interesting and useful threads.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

I think you can send a private message to the moderator and tell the mod to close the topic for you, basically this feature should be present.

Edited by Buy me coffee
  • +1 1

I don't think it's possible for a member to do the stuff which you mentioned in your topic,  we cannot stop post or limit the comments ,only the moderators can do that .we can request them to lock a post if it's overrun with bots.

On 11/25/2019 at 4:55 AM, GhoulSlayer said:

I think it's important that everyone report posts that are gibberish, make zero sense as they are clogging up the flow between real people. Thoughts?

Perhaps you should inform the administration about the topic that you want to close permanently because it is exposed to spam, also there are topics specializing in reporting spam in a section about the forum, you can take a screenshot of the posts that you think are violating the rules and report them.

• +1 1
  • +5 1