How to end a topic that's overrun with bot posts - Page 2 - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
GhoulSlayer

How to end a topic that's overrun with bot posts

6 hours ago, xprince1996 said:

I think it is best if they track the IP address of those bot account and permaban those all IPs used by the bots in that way it will reduce the numbers of bot account.

i dont know if you are someone who is into tech too much but you can easily change your IP with lots of apps and you cant be tracked after that. which is why i think this pay per post will be stopping very soon.

4 hours ago, duncun007 said:

i dont know if you are someone who is into tech too much but you can easily change your IP with lots of apps and you cant be tracked after that. which is why i think this pay per post will be stopping very soon.

Yeah i know the VPN thing but i think they are tools also that can detect if the users are using VPN if they are able to detect it there would be no problem.

I do not think that one of the members can stop the Topics of others, the members do not have such powers, I think this is possible by moderators and admin, they have these rights, for members can report on the Topics they think spam or worthless.

1 minute ago, Crypto123 said:

I do not think that one of the members can stop the Topics of others, the members do not have such powers, I think this is possible by moderators and admin, they have these rights, for members can report on the Topics they think spam or worthless.

I agree with your opinion that a member has no right to report or has a policy to stop other topics because only moderators or admins have the right to stop topics that are not useful, so we as members only create topics or post that is good so our results are not in spam too.

I had the same problem, just in my case the thread i've started stopped to be an actual one. As some of users said - there are only two options: to delete itor to ask the mod to close it.

23 hours ago, xprince1996 said:

Yeah i know the VPN thing but i think they are tools also that can detect if the users are using VPN if they are able to detect it there would be no problem.

well then i guess you little or no knowledge that when you buy VPN and not just use the free versions you can actually be more secure and your real IP can never be found or detected.

58 minutes ago, duncun007 said:

well then i guess you little or no knowledge that when you buy VPN and not just use the free versions you can actually be more secure and your real IP can never be found or detected.

Yeah, you are right. Your real IP won't be detected but your virtual IP can easily detect that's why other platform blocks all VPN users.

On 11/24/2019 at 10:55 PM, GhoulSlayer said:

I was wondering if it is wise to stop a topic that has run it's course if the topic is being over run with bot posts? Do members have a way of stopping anymore posts in a topic they started? I ask because some threads are being posted in with a lot of gibberish posting that stems from OP topic and the comments that follow.

I think it's important that everyone report posts that are gibberish, make zero sense as they are clogging up the flow between real people. Thoughts?

What is the topic that has the problem? 

You should request it to the mod  @ namemod  he will decide if it is convenient.

Or select:

moderation.jpg.d5bda37a2252316520e611f844b5297e.jpg

I would never use this option.

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

On 11/25/2019 at 10:01 AM, maricans said:

I don't think so, i think it is not possible to stop it, unless if you can delete it, or request for the moderators to lock/close topics.

Yes, I agree with you, is it not the admin and moderator who has provided a forum for us. Our duty's here has clear and the rules also helping us for bwing comfirtable. But thank you for your tread. 

I think the only way to end the topic that were run by autobots is to delete the said topic. Well it's hard to report so many autobots posts but we can also do that so we can clean the certain topics and members don't having a hard time to read other useful posts.

23 hours ago, xprince1996 said:

Yeah, you are right. Your real IP won't be detected but your virtual IP can easily detect that's why other platform blocks all VPN users.

yea exactly they do that so they dont have duplicated accounts and if this is also implemented on this platform then im sure we will see a lot of spam accounts gone.

9 hours ago, duncun007 said:

yea exactly they do that so they dont have duplicated accounts and if this is also implemented on this platform then I'm sure we will see a lot of spam accounts gone.

I hope they implement this feature soon so that we can see the real accounts here because I am sure many users here are VPN users and taking advantage of the weakpoint of this forum.

On 11/25/2019 at 10:55 AM, GhoulSlayer said:

I was wondering if it is wise to stop a topic that has run it's course if the topic is being over run with bot posts? Do members have a way of stopping anymore posts in a topic they started? I ask because some threads are being posted in with a lot of gibberish posting that stems from OP topic and the comments that follow.

I think it's important that everyone report posts that are gibberish, make zero sense as they are clogging up the flow between real people. Thoughts?

Just in case you missed it, there are forum mods that are doing their jobs and deleting posts including those who have sense and actually a nice posts, they are pretty good in deleting good posts AFAIK how much more for low quality topics and posts? hehe

Yes that is really annoying, bot making random reply, some bot i see just copy paste the old reply. That is really bad for forum, currently what i can do is just report it. I always report it and i see the reply is deleted by moderator. But the problem they will create more and more.

I just think they need punishment, they created only to farm money here.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

14 hours ago, xprince1996 said:

I hope they implement this feature soon so that we can see the real accounts here because I am sure many users here are VPN users and taking advantage of the weakpoint of this forum.

yea whihc is why i said the other day its too early to have a signature campaign on this forum because its not clean of spammers yet and it wouldnt be fair to let them get more money.

10 hours ago, duncun007 said:

yea whihc is why i said the other day its too early to have a signature campaign on this forum because its not clean of spammers yet and it wouldnt be fair to let them get more money.

I think having some bounties here like signature campaign will promote this forum more because it is the real essence of the forum to have a campaign of a crypto project.

9 hours ago, xprince1996 said:

I think having some bounties here like signature campaign will promote this forum more because it is the real essence of the forum to have a campaign of a crypto project.

i dont know how much more will people be asking for because honestly i think cryptotalk has already too generous with the members and they paid so far close to 50 btc i assume and its just in 3 months and we need to stop asking for more

On 12/8/2019 at 5:20 PM, febriyana said:

Yes that is really annoying, bot making random reply, some bot i see just copy paste the old reply. That is really bad for forum, currently what i can do is just report it. I always report it and i see the reply is deleted by moderator. But the problem they will create more and more.

I just think they need punishment, they created only to farm money here.

Yes writing with bot is really a very bad way and this way is just decrease the value of the forum so we all need to report that type of post.

SIGNATURE SPACE AVAILABLE FOR RENT 

Thanks everyone for the replies. I've been reporting posts  which are obvious bots, but only my topics. OP should know the replies if they have been reading them. Believe I saw a post from the mods to report the post as a bot and they would look into it. It would not be hard to read other posts the person has made to see they are a bot.

I've had limited time to post here lately, but try to keep my topics bot free by reporting gibberish comments. Together we can get them removed but it will take everyone contributing. Mods are just a few, we are many.

35 minutes ago, Lucky14 said:

I think it not possible but you can either delete the topics or leave it 

Do not ever delete your topic if you delete your topic it will results into getting number of deleted posts o your pay for post.

On 11/24/2019 at 9:55 PM, GhoulSlayer said:

I ask because some threads are being posted in with a lot of gibberish posting that stems from OP topic and the comments that follow.

I've noticed that, too, and obviously it's been a problem from day 1 here. 

Are there really bots posting?  I see a lot of low value posts, but I've assumed they're just members making quick posts to get paid without putting any effort or thought into them.  Most of the time you can tell that english isn't their first language, which makes it much worse, but that's exactly what happens over on bitcointalk as well.  I haven't started a thread here, but I'm assuming there's a 'lock topic' button...?

2 hours ago, Pearls Before Swine said:

I see a lot of low value posts, but I've assumed they're just members making quick posts to get paid without putting any effort or thought into them.

Exactly! What should we do? Does reporting posts work?

https://cryptotalk.org/profile/21993-albert/ - a perfect example. Every post starts with same "I agree..."

Just now, geezer said:

Exactly! What should we do? Does reporting posts work?

https://cryptotalk.org/profile/21993-albert/ - a perfect example. Every post starts with same "I agree..."

Heh heh, I'm new here so I don't know what the mods do with my reports.  But I've always had the mindset that I'd rather report a garbage post and have a mod do nothing rather than do nothing myself.  So when I report posts like that, I feel like I've at least tried to combat low value posts.  And man, there are a *ton* of them on this forum.

10 minutes ago, Pearls Before Swine said:

And man, there are a *ton* of them on this forum.

I don't view all the threads and I cannot, but that is so.

Maybe I'll stick to the sections I post in and report what I can.

This job is specially for admin of this forum you can contact them and they do a job for you , even you can delete your topic if you want this the only way i think it's available for members