How to end a topic that's overrun with bot posts - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
GhoulSlayer

How to end a topic that's overrun with bot posts

I was wondering if it is wise to stop a topic that has run it's course if the topic is being over run with bot posts? Do members have a way of stopping anymore posts in a topic they started? I ask because some threads are being posted in with a lot of gibberish posting that stems from OP topic and the comments that follow.

I think it's important that everyone report posts that are gibberish, make zero sense as they are clogging up the flow between real people. Thoughts?

• Useful or interesting 7
  • +1 7
  • +2 5
  • +3 1
  • +5 3

4 minutes ago, GhoulSlayer said:

I was wondering if it is wise to stop a topic that has run it's course if the topic is being over run with bot posts? Do members have a way of stopping anymore posts in a topic they started? I ask because some threads are being posted in with a lot of gibberish posting that stems from OP topic and the comments that follow.

I think it's important that everyone report posts that are gibberish, make zero sense as they are clogging up the flow between real people. Thoughts?

I don't think so, i think it is not possible to stop it, unless if you can delete it, or request for the moderators to lock/close topics.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

The only way to stop it if the original poster decided to delete the posts or by closing it using the power of the moderators and the admins. Also, try to report it by clicking the flag icon.

• +5 1

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

38 minutes ago, SyntaxEr. said:

The only way to stop it if the original poster decided to delete the posts or by closing it using the power of the moderators and the admins. Also, try to report it by clicking the flag icon.

Yeah that's what i think too because you can't deleted other post if that post was not yours. Also admins and moderators are need to delete it if that post is not meaningful or resourceful. That's what i think. 

• Useful or interesting 2

We should report against those posts that have said the right thing that frustrates people because it creates problems in people's lives and I think everyone should post constructively and not just post on other things so that they can post on important issues and  Can talk about that and I think that works a lot on this topic 

• +3 1

You can also mod your own thread/s... of sorts. All you need to do is keep a lookout on your thread for any suspicious shitpost and report it to the mods yourself. That is what I do, and I'm proud to say that my threads are 99.9% shitpost-free, hehe.

Well, this would work if I had only a couple of threads I started. Keeping an eye on more than a dozed threads is asking for too much.

Threads that are questionnaires in nature, meanwhile, and have their inquiries already answered and solved, are the ones that are really worth closing off. In fact, I am spotting someone here who does that all the time. You can check out his/her posts and see how he/she does it.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • Useful or interesting 4

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

I really don't think it's possible. To remove the posts made by bots until the admins decides to remove those posts from this forum page. As far as i know admins are busy upgrading and fixing bugs of this forum page. But i think they'll think about this later!

• Useful or interesting 1

14 hours ago, GhoulSlayer said:

i was wondering the same thing because 2 of my topics are bombarded by bots and they always have useless replies and its clearly just for payments and my only option is to delete the post...i think only admins can close a topic from replies but they should give us this feature to close our own topics from any more replies.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

On 11/25/2019 at 7:55 AM, GhoulSlayer said:

It is nice thought i have seen many point less comments on different threads where the member shift the whole topic to an other discussion.It would be best to stop the discussion on good end.Where we can read it for future reference and can see other members comments.

Edited by Syedbesharat
Spelling mistake
  • +3 1

we should report any member who use spam or any illegal services in this forum here, and this is for our good and keep this forum clean and valuable 

• +2 1

On 11/25/2019 at 10:55 AM, GhoulSlayer said:

There two options you could do - first is to delete your topic, second is to contact the moderators. If you delete your topic, some of helpful posts there would also get deleted and we don't want others to suffer from other people's mistakes. So you proceed to second option wherein you contact the moderators and tell them to lock the post so no one can now reply to your post.

some topics need to locked, i think it Will be good If OP can make self-moderated topics. I know what you mean, There are a lot of garbage post.  Maybe that post Made by bot. For example, you can see in Tutorials sections. Most of members reply in all topics in that section is "thank you for your informations." And most of member repeat that post so many Times. I think in that section, members should post some question about the tutorial and start the discussions.

Edited by I-KUN
  • +5 1

On 11/25/2019 at 10:55 AM, GhoulSlayer said:

Do members have a way of stopping anymore posts in a topic they started?

Sad to say the only thing that can a member do to stop it is through reporting but if you mention the admins and moderators and they notice it asap it will surely closed if the topic is proven spam by bot.

We should report any part who uses spam or any illicit help's in this gathering, and this is for our great and keep this discussion perfect and important. admins are doing their best.

I think to stop shitposting from topic you should summon the moderator so the topic is locked. because in my opinion if the topic was deleted we will lose the information on that topic.

As far as I know the moderators check every post. So I would presume that when they read such posts they either delete the post or the topic. I am sure this process is in place as many times I have posted on topics and later the topic has been deleted. The rules are stated i think in the "About Forum" section somewhere.

Report it to moderator, You can use option on user post and click "Report Post" Or you can tag moderator to view suspected bot post/account, This forum still new and it's our job to make this forum by helping moderator with reporting spam and post.

33 minutes ago, doriahailee said:

Report it to moderator, You can use option on user post and click "Report Post" Or you can tag moderator to view suspected bot post/account, This forum still new and it's our job to make this forum by helping moderator with reporting spam and post.

On 12/2/2019 at 1:13 PM, xprince1996 said:

Sad to say the only thing that can a member do to stop it is through reporting but if you mention the admins and moderators and they notice it asap it will surely closed if the topic is proven spam by bot.

the only thing a member can do about a topic thats filled with bots is delete it which would be very bad for the bots but also to those who had real replies to the topic.

2 hours ago, duncun007 said:

the only thing a member can do about a topic thats filled with bots is delete it which would be very bad for the bots but also to those who had real replies to the topic.

Yeah, that's is why it is best to mention the moderators to the topic to delete those bot replies and close the topic to save the efforts for those real users.

• +1 1

Yes but how can we know that a certain posts is made by bots? Of course we don't want bots to destroy this forum by having unhelpful, meaningless posts because the main focus of the forum is for us to help each other to earn.

On 12/4/2019 at 4:32 AM, xprince1996 said:

Yeah, that's is why it is best to mention the moderators to the topic to delete those bot replies and close the topic to save the efforts for those real users.

i think the mods will have to dediate their entire day for like a week or 2 weeks to be able to catch all thos bots because no matter how many time you catch them they will make more accounts. and the mods are few people while bots and spammers are a lot.

On 12/2/2019 at 5:11 AM, Migo said:

we should report any member who use spam or any illegal services in this forum here, and this is for our good and keep this forum clean and valuable 

I agree with your opinion that it will report every member who uses spam or illegal services in this forum so that this forum remains safe and clean from the illegal members, so here many people will not feel worried anymore to participate in this forum again.

• +1 1

1 minute ago, Ipal said:

You can report to admin or moderator, or you can click the flag icon in the comment. Indeed the robot is very annoying.

I agree with your suggestion this time which gives a way to be able to report to the moderator if there is something annoying or a problem that exists so that I can be more calm to do everything.

10 hours ago, duncun007 said:

i think the mods will have to dediate their entire day for like a week or 2 weeks to be able to catch all thos bots because no matter how many times you catch them they will make more accounts. and the mods are few people while bots and spammers are a lot.

I think it is best if they track the IP address of those bot account and permaban those all IPs used by the bots in that way it will reduce the numbers of bot account.