How would Bitcoin halving affect other coins? - Page 3 - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

How would Bitcoin halving affect other coins?

On 11/24/2019 at 3:51 AM, teminalibug said:

We all know that the bitcoin halving will affect bitcoin price positively,

Actually we don't all know that, and there are a lot of people who would say that there isn't necessarily a causal relationship between any given halving and the price rises we've seen in the past.  I'm not saying there is, I'm not saying there isn't.  It's just a big unknown right now.

But let's say the halving does boost the price of bitcoin.  My best guess is that most altcoins will be swept up along with it like they always seem to be when bitcoin is in a bull market.  As they say, a rising tide lifts all boats.  And believe me, I'm holding quite a few altcoins that have seen better days and I'm hoping there's some sort of positive market movement due to the halving.  I'm keeping all my fingers crossed.

Just now, Pearls Before Swine said:

Actually we don't all know that, and there are a lot of people who would say that there isn't necessarily a causal relationship between any given halving and the price rises we've seen in the past.  I'm not saying there is, I'm not saying there isn't.  It's just a big unknown right now.

But let's say the halving does boost the price of bitcoin.  My best guess is that most altcoins will be swept up along with it like they always seem to be when bitcoin is in a bull market.  As they say, a rising tide lifts all boats.  And believe me, I'm holding quite a few altcoins that have seen better days and I'm hoping there's some sort of positive market movement due to the halving.  I'm keeping all my fingers crossed.

You are right in a way, the halving results into price rise, prediction is only based on history alone. But here is how the halving will pump the price, after the halving, mining will become not profitable, because the reward will be cut into a half, So miners will have to do what they can to pump the price. like they did last time.

Just now, Goodcoin said:

Yes, mining reward would be reduced while mining cost will be increased. And as bitcoin trend up, altcoin follows. Bitcoin will trend up to make mining still profitable.

But the most suspicious part is; how would the miners do it to pump the price of Bitcoin, how? Why don't do it now if they can do that?

Just now, Bantay116 said:

Useless coins will be out in circulation and this will be died,  and also coins that have real use case will be the survivor. 

So you think about the halving as one of those moment where weak crypto will be gone for good?!

1 hour ago, Kabbo said:

BTC havling effects also will increase the others altcoins price. Because all currency are involved with BTC in the exchange market. So without any reason when BTC price will up then others altcoins price also will up.

If you are saying this then you must have been blind the past 7 months because whenever bitxoin start to rise the altcoins get crushed and if you see rhe charta you will see altcoins lost so many liquidity during last 7 months during bitcoin bu run.

On 11/24/2019 at 1:51 PM, teminalibug said:

We all know that the bitcoin halving will affect bitcoin price positively, but what about other coins, especially that all will sell their coins to invest in bitcoin

Additional question, after the halving may 2020, when would the bull market init.

If people start buying bitcoin by selling alts then a sell off will start which will ultimately increase the dominance of bitcoin which is not good for alts. 

Many people said that the price of bitcoin will rise before or after of this year. But for me bitcoin halving affects other coins by decreasing the price too. If the price of bitcoin will decreased, i think the price of other coin will decrease too because bitcoin is the very huge coin so you'll see the price of other coins by depending on the bitcoin price. Did you get me?  Sorry for my english, i'm not good at it. 

8 hours ago, HammadAli said:

If people start buying bitcoin by selling alts then a sell off will start which will ultimately increase the dominance of bitcoin which is not good for alts. 

Good for alts?! how will that be good for alts if they are all sold and Bitcoin is bought more, how will that benefit alts.

16 hours ago, Goodcoin said:

After halving or a little days or weeks before halving, bitcoin price will rise and altcoin price will rise as well making holders gain a lot of money.

Yes that will happen, but I think the exact day of the halving, there will be a biggest dump never, so i think in the first week of the halving i will cash out first.

With havling of bitcoin the price will rise. With high price bitcoin will difficult to buy because price of bitcoin is quite fluctuating and people will not take high risk and thus they will start trading more in other coins. Hence the price of other coins will also increase.

Basicly altcoin is like reverse action for the Bitcoin price. If Bitcoin price going up, i see some altcoin will going down. That is maybe because people selling their altcoin and buy Bitcoin as soon as possible. They scary losing the opportunity profit from Bitcoin.

For Bitcoin halving i think will big effect to Bitcoin and for altcoin will going down if Bitcoin price going strong. But i don't know the future, maybe Bitcoin also lose their price because miner will affected by divided reward from halving.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

On 12/13/2019 at 1:05 PM, Bantay116 said:

Other cois will die,  especially investors will transfer all their investment in bitcoin and also on other altcoin that have real use case. And also we don't know when bitcoin bull run occurs some say after bitcoin halving or in the start of 2021

That;s possible, because the bull will happen 3 or more years after the halving, in that case it could go up to 2021.

On 11/24/2019 at 3:51 PM, teminalibug said:

We all know that the bitcoin halving will affect bitcoin price positively, but what about other coins, especially that all will sell their coins to invest in bitcoin

Additional question, after the halving may 2020, when would the bull market init.

The new coins should not follow the one created by Satoshi. The bitcoin child community should gather and have their stance as their father did and set their prices.

21 hours ago, Nakamoto said:

The new coins should not follow the one created by Satoshi. The bitcoin child community should gather and have their stance as their father did and set their prices.

I did not get, the effect you stated that will occur on another cryptocurrencies when bitcoin halving happens.

On 11/24/2019 at 1:51 PM, teminalibug said:

May be most of people invest in BTC but everyone have their own lost of preferences.So they would also invest in other alt coins same time investing in BTC.

BTC bull is expected between May and june 2020.

10 minutes ago, Syedbesharat said:

BTC bull is expected between May and june 2020.

Maybe is the exact month of the halving, i was thinking like the bull will happen few month after??!!

1 minute ago, teminalibug said:

Maybe is the exact month of the halving, i was thinking like the bull will happen few month after??!!

After the End of Halving.People will be ready for bullish it could start any moment.From my observation people are on edge of their patience and  they will immediately starting BTC pumping.I will not take more time this time.

58 minutes ago, teminalibug said:

I did not get, the effect you stated that will occur on another cryptocurrencies when bitcoin halving happens.

The other cryptocurrency must not rely on bitcoin price or event. Bitcoin set its price to USD, and other coins must do the same. Altcoin must define its own future.

20 minutes ago, Syedbesharat said:

After the End of Halving.People will be ready for bullish it could start any moment.From my observation people are on edge of their patience and  they will immediately starting BTC pumping.I will not take more time this time.

Yes I agree with you and I will not take nay chances, the bull might even begin before the halving, because out of exictiment people will buy coins.

9 minutes ago, Nakamoto said:

The other cryptocurrency must not rely on bitcoin price or event. Bitcoin set its price to USD, and other coins must do the same. Altcoin must define its own future.

Alt-coins can never determine their own future if Bitcoin still holds more than 60% of all the marketcap, hey will always be pulled and pushed around.

15 minutes ago, teminalibug said:

Alt-coins can never determine their own future if Bitcoin still holds more than 60% of all the marketcap, hey will always be pulled and pushed around.

Yes, they can determine their own future. All they ever need is a strong community. Bitcoin has that quality. A bunch of magic people.

Edited by Nakamoto

38 minutes ago, Nakamoto said:

Yes, they can determine their own future. All they ever need is a strong community. Bitcoin has that quality. A bunch of magic people.

So i wonder how is that even gonna happens, if the massive number of newbies are all attracted and initially trust the bitcoin.

12 minutes ago, teminalibug said:

So i wonder how is that even gonna happens, if the massive number of newbies are all attracted and initially trust the bitcoin.

Bitcoin is a legend, and that is why they prefer to choose for the first time. The altcoin community should be active and begin to act like a legendary if they don't want to be under the shadow of bitcoin. And I believe some of them started to act like one.

In trading Monday (11/25/2019) the price of Bitcoin dropped in to US $ 6,558.14 per coin according to the Coindesk website. This is the impact of the Chinese government's crackdown on businesses involved in cryptocurrency operations when previously President Xi Jinping expressed openness on blockchain technology. Last month the price of Bitcoin broke through US $ 10,000 per coin after Xi Jinping praised the blockchain as a technology that could advance development in his speech. But last Friday, the Chinese Central Bank asked investors to be vigilant with crypotocurrency and promised to crack down on the exchange market.

China has also banned fundraising through cryptocurrency or popularly called the initial coin offering (ICO) in 2017. "This is one of the worst weeks in the history of digital assets," Arca Head investment director Jeff Dorman was quoted as saying by CNBC International, Tuesday (11/26/2019). "Obviously the market is contracting, there is no new money coming in that absorbs supply." At the beginning of this year the price of Bitcoin had doubled from 2018 where the lowest price was US $ 3,122. This increase was driven by Facebook's plan to spend digital Libra money. The highest price of Bitcoin is US $ 20,000 in December 2017.

5 hours ago, Lifeman said:

Bitcoin halving is a good development for bitcoin

Hahahahahahaha. That is why some people say "silent is gold" Where did you read that? Are you high while reading. You must recalibrate your mind then read the protocol.

20 hours ago, Binbillal007 said:

You wouldn't know that, we can not predict that, we will see if the price of bitcoin after Halving will affect altcoins

You are not wrong.We do not know the exact time frame of Bitcoin Bullish but making conclusion is possible.So its conclusion .Bitcoin have 60% of all coin market cap,so could you say it will not affect alt coins in price.

19 hours ago, Goodcoin said:

As we all know that other coins trends to the direction bitcoin trend too. So, halving would cause bitcoin to trend upside thereby making other crypto Al's rise in price.

But why do you think the price of bitcoin tends to move other coins, but also there are coins that are not moved by it.