20 interesting facts about Bitcoin. - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Slavish

20 interesting facts about Bitcoin.

So, 20 interesting facts about bitcoin that you may not have known.

The first transaction with bitcoin was made on January 21, 2009.
    In total, 21 million bitcoins can be produced, which will be mined gradually due to the complexity of the mining process. The last coin will be mined in 2140.
    It is still unknown who created bitcoin. There is a certain name – Satoshi Nakamoto-but no one knows whether it is an individual or a group of programmers. While the Creator of bitcoin remains anonymous.
    The purpose of creating bitcoin is to decentralize the financial turnover, to bring it out of the monopoly control of the States. Simply put, free money with easy and fast transfer. So far, this is not always successful: somewhere the technology fails, somewhere the state does not allow the development of progress. In addition, bitcoin transactions are not cheap.
    More than half of the bitcoins already mined today are owned by 1000 people.
    Most bitcoin wallets (~90%) hold no more than 0.1 BTC on the balance.
    Only a third of the mined coins are actively involved in the turnover. The rest are inactive. Experts suggest that most inactive bitcoins are simply lost or forgotten by their users. Experts of Fortrader magazine remind that if the password from the bitcoin wallet is lost, it is impossible to restore it, the system works like this.
    For example, in 2017, a woman unsuccessfully tried to remember her password from a bitcoin wallet. Turned to magicians, healers and hypnotists, but to no avail. These coins will be lost to the Network forever.
    The highest bitcoin rate recorded at the time of writing was $20,042. This was in December 2017. Then there was a strong drop in the quotations of the coin.
    The price of the cryptocurrency has grown gradually. But bitcoin became more expensive than an ounce of gold in 2013.
    The biggest dynamics of growth-the fall of the bitcoin exchange rate showed in April 2013, when the day fell by 80%.
    Most of the exchange transactions of bitcoins takes place no, not on the dollars on the yuan.
    Now there are more than 3000 bitcoin ATMs in the world, the main share of which falls on America, Canada and Europe. Moscow also has a small network of such ATMs. Government agencies in many countries have long accepted bitcoins as payments.
    For the first time, 2 pizzas were purchased for bitcoins. This was done by the miner Laszlo in 2010, paying 10,000 bitcoins for food. It is easy to calculate, based on the rate of bitcoins, what a small country he could feed pizza today.
    Another unfortunate situation: a resident of the UK accidentally threw away a hard drive with a wallet, which was 7500 bitcoins. This still needs to be experienced.
    The most expensive transaction was the transfer of bitcoins by a certain user who inadvertently paid 80.99 BTC instead of 0.01 bitcoin. In 2013, it was $50,000.
    In General, the bitcoin rate is a cause for endless controversy. Someone believes that its rate is overvalued and predicts a fall to $1800, someone writes about the imminent growth of as much as $100,000. There are even schemes of collapse and catastrophes associated with bitcoin.
    In the meantime, the capitalization of Bitcoin is greater than the GDP of some countries, for example, Ukraine and Estonia.
    Thailand is the first country that has actively taken up the regulation of bitcoin. First she forbade it, then she allowed it. Now many countries are in search of a solution to the question of how to make cryptocurrencies official and protect the population from possible fraud.
    Cryptocurrencies are actively winning back the market from Fiat money. Many retail outlets and even state structures gladly accept bitcoin and other coins for payment. However, what is important, most new cryptocurrencies do not achieve popularity-they appear and disappear. You have to be careful with that.

• Useful or interesting 12
  • +2 2
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

Nice write up! True the purpose of creating Bitcoin is to decentralize the financial sector and end the monopoly of the states, but they're now fighting back with regulation to make Bitcoin as centralized as possible having failed to ban it outright.

• +3 1

Nice work with that, it is very useful informations to get, there is more facts will appear in the future not just those, maybe we missed others from the past, who knows, this deep world 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

Thanks for sharing that information. I learn a lot from that. For me, i am very interesting when it comes to the price of bitcoin lol i don't know why. I am always being excited when people are talking about volatility of bitcoin. That's for me. Thanks. 

It will be easier to read if you give a number for each of the 20 interesting facts about bitcoin.
Is there really a bitcoin ATM, I have never seen it?

Nice information for the newbies it can be a way to learn the fundamentals of crypto currency but I hope there's an information about the more safety measures in this concepts.

Thank you for sharing amazing facts about bitcoin. Bitcoin is a puzzle no one can solve it. It is unpredictable. In 2009 no one can say that bitcoin will hit $20k. So I think after 10 years bitcoin will hit $100k.      

Thanks to the author for really interesting facts about bitcoin, I especially liked the fact about how many ATMs with bitcoin in the world now, I know for sure that in my country there are only 5 such ATMs. Please make the same article about Etherium.

Wow, very mega cool information! Thank you very much friend! To be honest, I discovered quite a lot for myself, I did not even think about some of the facts, it's amazing!

On 11/23/2019 at 6:21 AM, Mursanna said:

It will be easier to read if you give a number for each of the 20 interesting facts about bitcoin.
Is there really a bitcoin ATM, I have never seen it?

You got a point there, numbering the article would make for better reading and referencing. About that user who accidentally paid 80.99 BTC instead of 0.01 BTC, must be a hell of experience if  that happens with now rate of Bitcoin - I think that can only happen when one's mind is far gone from his/her work. 

Bitcoin is a wonderful currency and decentralized mode of operation that makes it very popular as well as financial independence

Life is great and enjoy it

Those are great facts. I like the fact that many bitcoins are just lost forever due to the owner not knowing the passport to the wallet, or simply died and didn't tell anyone what the password was.

I know some interesting things about Bitcoin, which is something I like very much but I don't know about 20 interesting things. If anyone knows about 20 interesting things, please inform me.

Thank you for providing interesting information.  this is very useful for me who is a beginner.  I get more knowledge from this post.  thanks.

This is a great topic. I like reading such fact things like this especially it increase my knowledge about bitcoin and other cryptocurrency. I hope i read more things like this in the forum not just like facts but a topic that has quality.

The most interesting thing about bitcoin is that bitcoin was created in order to confront the state. That means a lot today. 

20 interesting facts that you mentioned are very useful. the presence of bitcoin can indeed change lives and even he can beat fiat money and some countries have accepted it even though there are still some who reject it.

Awesome list. My favorite is the bitcoin pizza for 10,000 bitcoin and I think this is such a funny story. Who knows if in the future 0.001 bitcoins will even be considered a lot in 10 years time. It makes me think that bitcoin is the one true coin to invest in and everyone should hold some. It's kind of crazy how many people lose their bitcoins.

I know about bitcoin in 2014. 

In 2014 to 2019 ended we saw many thinks about bitcoin.

Bitcoin price prediction always hard because sometimes bitcoin not follow technical analysis. 

Bitcoin market price  prediction always defend on technical and fundamental analyses but sometimes market big manipulation that's the main fact.       

This is really a good topic because this will help people to be more knowledgeable and updated about what is happening in crypto. Also this will help new user of crypto to know something important about it.

Thank you for sharing, interesting facts about Bitcoin, of course this article will increase my knowledge about Bitcoin, it will also be very useful for children's education to get to know crypto.

Thank you for these facts, I never knew about them and especially the fact about Thailand being the first country to take action to regulate the bitcoin cryptocurrency.