Which one is more risky? Short term or Long term? - Page 5 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
rakib7970

Which one is more risky? Short term or Long term?

Well the answer is Short term. If you don't have the patience you cannot make a lots of money. Investments and trading requires patience and knowlegde to get to the profit.

I think the longer the term the higher profit you will gain, and the shorter the term the lesser profit you will earn. Long term is really risky because you really don't have any idea what the future holds, and it is better because it's sure that when you wait the higher profit you will gain. Short term is less risk but it's not that profitable.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

It's all depends cause trading is risky and it's all about you to be wise and lessen that risk. For example you have $100 and you trade 10% of it in forex. That means if you continue using your 10% money in your capital you can lessen the risk to lose it all. But it is still always depends on you or your strategy. And last thing "If you ask the advice of enough people you are almost sure to end up by doing nothing."

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

On 11/22/2019 at 11:06 PM, rakib7970 said:

I want to know that which one is more risky? Is it short term trading or Long term trading? I know trading is always risky but I want to get sure which one is more risky. It will be easier for me to take decision that how to invest and how much invest if I know that.

These are the more risky ways and are very very dangerous.

I personally think that long term holding could be more risky than short term holding (maximum of three months) because the market could shift drastically within twelve months and chances are it could possible go down and you wont be able to profit from it. 

• +2 1

In the long term it's very risky in the terms that you might have a big problem and you need to sell now your crypto so trading in long term needs a lot of patient while in short term it depends but it is good because you can monitor the market and if weekly or monthly the price of crypto is good that's a opportunity to sell it. 

Long-term trading is the most respected for technical analysis. Short-term trading requires a speedy decision-making that may lead to a rush to open deals.

Perhaps the most dangerous is to talk about ignorance, lack of knowledge and experience, as both the short and the long term are fraught with risks, and trade requires the courage of the heart and the acumen of reason

On 11/23/2019 at 2:06 AM, rakib7970 said:

I want to know that which one is more risky? Is it short term trading or Long term trading? I know trading is always risky but I want to get sure which one is more risky. It will be easier for me to take decision that how to invest and how much invest if I know that.

There is no risk to both of them especially if you know how to use them. First, you need to choose wisely on what currencies you would like to buy as it is the most crucial part in your investment. 

Second, make sure that you know how to ride the crypto market like don't easily believe any fuds. 

Lastly, be an intelligent investor like if short term trading will give you a profit that you are satisfied with then sell your holdings and if the price will goes down then prepare to hold if for a long term trading. 

If the capital is large in order to bear the bounces until reaching the goal, you will be among those who prefer long deals, or if your capital is small and you prefer an early exit to avoid risk, short-term deals will be better for you.

Edited by SuperCrypto

17 minutes ago, Mehwish717 said:

make sure that you know how to ride the crypto market like don't easily believe any fuds.  be an intelligent investor like if short term trading will give you a profit that you are satisfied with then sell your holdings and if the price will goes down then prepare to hold if for a long term

Everyone thinks that trading in short term deals fast and at a higher risk rate will bring more and greater profits, but at the same time the size of the loss in the market reversal is also greater because of the size of the deal and the high risk rate.

In my opinion short term trading is more risky then long term trading. But if any person wants trading then its need that short term period. The experts crypto trader invest in both long term and short term due to risk diversification.

Demand can be a key factor and is not a fundamental factor in determining the direction of the market up or down. How is Bitcoin going to make better? In the meantime, I actually think it will make these rules worse by the governmentThere are several factors in the price of the crypto market that determine this, supply...

for me its risky in short term trading because you are eager to buy and sell a coin daily,thats why sometimes even at lose you sell because you set already your mind that everyday you must do trade and exit fast. but it is profitable than long term,because long term hold is waiting and wasting the chance everyday to get profits.

3 hours ago, pakjobhelp said:

In my opinion short term trading is more risky then long term trading. But if any person wants trading then its need that short term period. The experts crypto trader invest in both long term and short term due to risk diversification.

Risk is something like volatility. The amount of risk is not a fixed rate. In some cases long term trade can be more risky because in long term plans, traders wait for a long time and expect high profits from big price movements and when high prices collapse, it usually takes lots of time before recovering happens again but short term trading is based on small fluctuations during a day and most downward movements will be soon replaced by upward movements and the losses are not significant.

Although short-term trading bears more risk, it has higher returns because of the compounding reactions. Long-term operations, on the other hand, have guaranteed returns. Even so, you must be patient to witness any significant returns from your investment.

I think short and long is as risky, for the most risky one would be margin trading or scalping I guess. Because those two needs you to have a lot of experiences and hundreds hours of tradings days.

Short terms more risky long term better some times depend situation im long term trader or long term holding also good option and profitable.

Edited by Soaib khan

Short-term trading has more opportunities to make more money right now because we are in a volatile market, we have more chances to make more money. I simply didn't keep up, but worse, I didn't think I could put my old brain into the right equipment anymore.

On 11/22/2019 at 7:06 PM, rakib7970 said:

short term is riskier then long term trading, because  to trade in short term you need to trade with small time frames and smaller they are and smaller are the chances that the indicators that you are using are right

long term is better because you can work with high time frames and so your indicators are more trustable

On 1/4/2020 at 3:14 PM, dshuy20 said:

Short term will always make you less holes as well as stop losses quickly and we can consider it a safe choice.

It depends on what you are investing in, if it does not have potential then even short term can lead to losses. If you are a long time holder and buy a lot of coins at a low price, it is good because long time keeping is always profitable.

On 11/22/2019 at 1:06 PM, rakib7970 said:

Always trading in the long term is dangerous, when trading in the short term you can win 5%, for example, or lose 2% and close the deal, but in the long run you are at a loss of 50% and maybe 50% profit and more than that as well.