Be aware of fake binance channels! - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
wilbertson

Be aware of fake binance channels!

Binance is one of the top bitcoin and altcoins exchange site, so it is very used by scammers. 

Binance has a tendency of creating new telegram groups when they have a new offer, scammers use this to create channels using the name binance to scam people.

Currently there is a fake binance group that claims to offer 10x of your deposit, minimum deposit is 1 eth or 0.05 btc.

Be aware there are many fake groups like these.

• Useful or interesting 3

Thanks for share this info. But not only Binance,  most of other big exchange are target by scammer. They always find a opportunity to scam with people. We must aware of this, should check before any investment on telegram/other bot.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • -5 1
  • -1 1

3 hours ago, wilbertson said:

Binance is one of the top bitcoin and altcoins exchange site, so it is very used by scammers. 

Binance has a tendency of creating new telegram groups when they have a new offer, scammers use this to create channels using the name binance to scam people.

Currently there is a fake binance group that claims to offer 10x of your deposit, minimum deposit is 1 eth or 0.05 btc.

Thanks for good information, that thing was happen also to me yesterday I found the binance group called BINANCE DEX that's says binance started GIVEAWAY that's never happen of $10,000,000 but in order to catch that giveaway you must deposit BTC, ETH or XMR and you'll be returned 10x of your deposit.

• +1 1

On 11/23/2019 at 9:47 AM, xprince1996 said:

Yeah, beware of it many fake binance telegrams out there saying that they giving away free BTC but it was a fishing site.

You are right because many people are sending a message to me on telegram and mostly it is the binance fake channel they even make a proof but i know that it is not real.

• -2 1

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

I stay away from telegram as much as possible anyway. Its so easy to be a cake account in there and oretent to be anyone you want. With so many nationalities and the language barrier it's quite often hard to spot a scammer. Never hand any money to anyone on telegram in my opinion. 

• -5 1

56 minutes ago, SyntaxEr. said:

You are right because many people are sending a message to me on telegram and mostly it is the binance fake channel they even make a proof but i know that it is not real.

Yes, 100% of people who reach you first in telegram are guaranteed a scammer so don't waste your time talking to them. Always be vigilant.

• -5 1

I have also seen that. there are many scammers are active in telegram with the name of exchange authority. they all time try to scam you. they ask you to deposit asset o their wallet. so always be aware of that scammer.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1

To prevent that from happening, always bookmark the binance site in the browser and always follow the original social media binary exchange so that we are not deceived by fake binary channels or group.

• -5 1

Well in crypto there are a lot of fake channels, mostly of them giving fake call for crypto. well people who are new to crypto will fall for this kind of scams. so this forum giving us awareness to that. to avoid this kind of channels always check the review first. 

• -5 1

I hate those scammer all over telegram groups it's to much i don't Know why they do that it's just for money, why they don't work like other and get money honestly 

• +1 2
  • +2 1

On 11/22/2019 at 12:39 PM, wilbertson said:

This is a common trick and indeed often gets prey, unfortunately there are still trapped in this unreasonable advantage. Actually it's very easy to identify official and not telegram channels. Hope no one will be the victim of fraud in the name of yobit

16 hours ago, wilbertson said:

But if binance stuck to one channel or few official channels then there wouldn't be a chance for these scammers.

I'm not really commenting on binance because it is true thatobit makes three channels ie Russian and English. Even from what I know there are people disguised as admin, then try to send PM to the user.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

On 11/22/2019 at 11:09 AM, wilbertson said:

This could be the best way for making money to scammers as the investment plan can get more money for them. Telegram company should take care and report to the local authorities for such channels.

Some scammers tried in the past to scam me on Telegram, but Ive escaped from them.

• +1 2

12 minutes ago, wilbertson said:

If i was telegram owner i would make an option to report channels that are contacting un moral things, especially scams.

If the make such things, then they have to get case in the court because of lot scammers and cases would happening. I think now Telegram is busy with their own coin than looking about scams. Telegram messenger is the only best messenger for a crypto scams where they allow to delete their fake accounts.

• +1 1

On 11/22/2019 at 10:39 AM, wilbertson said:

Thanks for posting this stuff here. Basically official telegram group.of binance is not moderated by any admin. So binance has no control over members on telegram.

• +1 1

On 11/22/2019 at 12:39 PM, wilbertson said:

Yeah, I read a few things like this on the internet with promises that are so promising ... thanks for the knowledge had sharing for us .

• -1 1

8 minutes ago, wilbertson said:

Binance could hire people to trace these fake channels and expose them for the safe of it's users, i know they can but they just do not care.

Actually number of members is more than 60 thousand and people usually just go on and post what they like. Group should be specific for problems.

• -5 1

On 11/21/2019 at 9:39 PM, wilbertson said:

Thanks for your warning, the offers seems too good to be true but, with the name binace more people have  put trust in those scams.

• +1 1

On 11/22/2019 at 8:39 AM, wilbertson said:

those scammers have used the reputation of binance to scam people and i have seen it happening many times in crypto telegram groups and i have been personally contacted by those people.

• -1 1

On 11/22/2019 at 8:39 AM, wilbertson said:

Not only fake binance channels! There have many fakes crypto exchanges groups and channels that's they called the the subchannels

• -3 1
  • +2 1

15 hours ago, wilbertson said:

Only all those contact you got from telegram about binance have they ever crossed your mind even once?

i have been contacted by them a lot but they never managed to cross over and get anything of mine because i just block them and report them right away which is what all people should do.

• -1 1
  • +2 1

Thank you so much for the information, I was once tricked into digging and until h was so much more careful to blame that happening, you should also find out carefully before making the translation.

• -1 1

On 12/4/2019 at 9:59 PM, wilbertson said:

The channel had 4k users the last time i che check, that means more than 2k users lost money in that scams.

4K users!!!!! that is a lot of scammed people, like you say around 2k people might have been scammed in that and maybe even 3k.

• +1 1

On 11/22/2019 at 1:39 PM, wilbertson said:

I'm aware of this and I almost fall for one of the offer of the scammers lucky I ask in one forum and they confirm that these are all fake channels, I'm glad I did not fall for this.