How works forum text editor and signatures. Guide. - Tutorials - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
bubbalex

How works forum text editor and signatures. Guide.

In this topic I'll explain cryptotalk text editor functionality and restrictions, and signatures guideline.

[Rus Thread]

1. When we go in the settings field of our signature, the first thing we see is restrictions.

2019-11-21_20-54-58.png.2c7d4e129cdd4bb6d07070dc2c9a6d29.png

The restrictions are not terrible yet, but I think they can change over time, while the ranking system does not affect them in any way, everyone is limited the same way - a maximum of one image is with size no more than 468x60 pixels, which simplifies the whole process, since you no longer need to make the project logo in pixels, just insert the picture;

A maximum of 5 links, but I personally recommend 1-2, because the more links in a small space, the worse the clickability of each individually (even the largest signature is very little space on the screen);

A maximum of 5 lines, I don’t advise doing more than 1-2 lines, it will turn out into trash, not an advertisement, of course if your goal is to attract attention (if the signature is purely functional, you can make a horror out of a bunch of information, but still not worth it);

This is about restrictions in relation to user signatures.

2. About the features and limitations of the editor

1137646377_2019-11-21_21-53-00(2).thumb.png.30e3081720df67de261817c5e9904ea6.png373810156_2019-11-21_21-05-46(2).thumb.png.d8ccf4adcaedbdd1d807b3a18a644ade.png

For convenience, I numbered the functions, let's go through the list.

1. Bold text.

2. Italic text.

3. Underlined text.

4. Strike through text.

Try not to use more than one of these functions in one text.

5. Insert the link into the text. (does not work with a space without text that has the background painted over with function №15, about which below)

6. Insert a quote.

7. Paste the code. (works as on bitcointalk)

Here the code

8. Emoji. (it’s more convenient to select emoji in the messenger or somewhere else and copy-paste to the forum, since here the function crashes and makes you wait + the choice is limited)

9. Insert a bulleted list.

10. Insert a numbered list.

11. Align left.

12. Align in the center.

13. Align to the right.

14. Align in width.

15. Background color.

2019-11-21_22-06-49.png.f20dc0975a2eb81ba6d90c10c0079289.png

You can paint over the background behind your text, one of the proposed colors, identical to the choice of text color. You can also add additional colors from the palette or HEX code. To make a gradient, you first need to make it somewhere in HEX, and then manually replace the background color for each letter separately.

16. Text color.

17. Text size.

10 11 12 14 (default) 16 18 20 22 24 26 28 36 48 72

18. Preview. (you can see how your post/topic/signature will look on different platforms)

19. Spoiler. (add a hidden message that can only be read by expanding it)

20. Formatting. (erases everything in the typing field? doesn’t work for me)

21. Attach file/image. (image size is limited only for signature, in other posts - no, now images can be inserted directly into the forum, without the help of third-party sites like imgur)

My signature is the 22nd font size, with one image 60x60 pixels, this font size, because that is how the signature rests from edge to edge, when reading topics, if you make more of it it will start to deform on small screens.

• Useful or interesting 8
  • +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1
  • +5 7

21 minutes ago, bubbalex said:

In this topic I'll explain cryptotalk text editor functionality and restrictions, and signatures guideline.

This is very useful information you've provided. @Admin or @Desais if you see fit, pin this topic, I myself find this very useful, i have seen you guys pin even users topics that are useful.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 1

16 minutes ago, faceless said:

This is very useful information you've provided. @Admin or @Desais if you see fit, pin this topic, I myself find this very useful, i have seen you guys pin even users topics that are useful.

Thank you, I will be glad if someone will pin my topic that people can find useful info easier, but a lot of other info needs to be pinned, so it's not in prioritize.

I'm sure there is a lot of users who think that forum works on bbcode, but cryptotalk have new engine, not like bitcointalk.

Edited by bubbalex
  • Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 2
  • +3 2
  • +5 1

Thank you for this detailed explanation. You explained everything in detail and accurately, this is a great effort thanking you. I think this will be useful for many members who don't know how to do this thing. This is the first time to explain this wonderful form.

Wow, at last, there is someone who will explain it all to the users. I was thinking what is the purpose of having signature and why do I always see renting for signature? Do I have to pay for it to have signature because why did he or she said renting on the first place? 

• +2 1

really this guide really helped me as a newbie explanation that is easier to understand also in practice. really clear thanks for sharing knowledge

• +1 1

I think to keep the main purpose of this topic as an informative one and to avoid it from spam and off topic reply,

to keep it in good faith:

requesting moderators @Desais, @epidemia to lock/close topic and keep it pinned.

• +1 1