Best Privacy Coin - Coins / Tokens Talk - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Consignee

Best Privacy Coin

Most say Monero is the best privacy coin but a group of researchers have shared flaws in the monero codebase already. On the other hand, if we check other privacy coin like as dash, verge, ONION etc, they are also not that much effective than Monero.

However, each of the coins are being developed. ONION has recently tested their first DeepSend transaction and has offered reward to find out the sender as well. What do you think? Will Monero remain in top or any other coin will be leading in the coming future?

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 4
  • +2 3
  • +3 3
  • +4 1
  • +5 6

How about Grin ? Grin seems like good especially they are open-source and didn't conducted their ICO before.

So, this is build and driven by the community.

Note that Grin has the mimblewimble protocol which is very interesting and useful.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • -1 1
  • +1 1

I don't have much idea about mimblewimble to be honest. Till now, 3 projects including Grin, Beam and Epic has used mimblewimble and I have tested none of these. I know about Grin, it had huge buzz some months ago when it was at peak of $14.

• -1 1

14 minutes ago, acheche said:

How about Grin ? Grin seems like good especially they are open-source and didn't conducted their ICO before.

I was thinking the same. It created good buzz too even I have seen BitcoinTalk forum admin theymos to vouch for it. However grin is a kind of stable coin (that's what I heard) and I have never had the luck to have some of them.

Basically I am more into BTC LOL

• -2 1

2 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

I was thinking the same. It created good buzz too even I have seen BitcoinTalk forum admin theymos to vouch for it. However grin is a kind of stable coin (that's what I heard) and I have never had the luck to have some of them.

Basically I am more into BTC LOL

It's not stable coin, it's a deflationary coin, the price will be reduced over the time because of its supply algorithm and its infinite supply nature. When theymos announced that he will accept Grin, I realized something is going to be happened.

lots of privacy coins,
some of the replies above have already discussed grin, and indeed the superiority of grin is its consensus algorithm,
I give a little news too, there are good coins that also have privacy without ICO, the name of the project X-Cash, does not mean promotion because X-cash uses a monero code, it might be one of its choices. because the team behind the X-Cash project is very professional and because it doesn't do ICO, the developer uses his own money to be listed on the exchange.

• +2 1
  • +3 2

5 minutes ago, ayatoslaw said:

lots of privacy coins,
some of the replies above have already discussed grin, and indeed the superiority of grin is its consensus algorithm,
I give a little news too, there are good coins that also have privacy without ICO, the name of the project X-Cash, does not mean promotion because X-cash uses a monero code, it might be one of its choices. because the team behind the X-Cash project is very professional and because it doesn't do ICO, the developer uses his own money to be listed on the exchange.

That sounds cool, I have never heard of X-cash though. If it is using Monero codebase, I doubt it will be something good since you know copying a project can never be successful, look at Bomb token, it's ATH was $14. It has got the impression of first deflationary token. Later, a lot of projects have come up but nothing was succeeded.

Since Xcash is using the same codebase as Monero, it's privacy has also flaws which can be another reason for not getting widely accepted.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

Monero is still top privacy coin if we look at trading volume and activity.

Good privacy coin can also be Bitcoin when you are using it with privacy based wallets like Wasabi or Samourai wallet.

Just now, hexwin said:

Monero is still top privacy coin if we look at trading volume and activity.

Good privacy coin can also be Bitcoin when you are using it with privacy based wallets like Wasabi or Samourai wallet.

I am aware of that, they use Coinjoin? Well, but it works like mixing if I am correct. In fact all the privacy coins work like mixing service by default. Once theymos suggested to use Wasabi and later exchange to Monero and again exchange to BTC and using Wasabi to get the most private transactions hahaha. That's a lot of works although it's needed if one wants to have really untraceable transactions.

11 hours ago, Consignee said:

Kedengarannya keren, saya belum pernah mendengar X-cash. Jika menggunakan basis kode Monero, saya ragu itu akan menjadi sesuatu yang baik karena Anda tahu menyalin proyek tidak akan pernah berhasil, lihat token Bomb, ATH adalah $ 14. Ia mendapat kesan token deflasi pertama. Kemudian, banyak proyek telah muncul tetapi tidak ada yang berhasil.

Karena Xcash menggunakan basis kode yang sama dengan Monero, privasinya juga memiliki kekurangan yang bisa menjadi alasan lain untuk tidak diterima secara luas.

The analysis you mentioned does have a true possibility, but what if the team upgrades on the code base used?
if monero uses the POW mechanism, X-Cash makes a difference, the project uses DPOS,
in detail I can't explain it here, and you can read it directly,
but privacy used is better and also faster when making transactions.
I don't favor, but what I feel is that x-cash is like the perfect monero version.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +5 1

16 hours ago, Consignee said:

I don't have much idea about mimblewimble to be honest. Till now, 3 projects including Grin, Beam and Epic has used mimblewimble and I have tested none of these. I know about Grin, it had huge buzz some months ago when it was at peak of $14.

I have studied well about this in Epic cash and they have great things where a transaction can be deleted within the user accounts. The coin is new to the industry until they become popular in the world.

Wimble mible is a great part of this technology and another thing is Dandelion +++

Edited by cryptosix
  • +3 1

1 minute ago, cryptosix said:

I have studied well about this Epic cashand they have great things where a transaction can be deleted within the user accounts.

That's what MimbleWimble do, that's good for us. You know BTC blockchain is getting huge bigger day by day, and someday we may not be able to use a full node, as a result BTC blockchain may lose the title to be the most immutable coin. Mimblewimble has done it so easy.

• +1 1

48 minutes ago, Consignee said:

That's what MimbleWimble do, that's good for us. You know BTC blockchain is getting huge bigger day by day, and someday we may not be able to use a full node, as a result BTC blockchain may lose the title to be the most immutable coin. Mimblewimble has done it so easy.

Yeah, but still people believe in Bitcoin because of trusting unknown wallets also might bring to a huge loss. I still haven't seen Epic Cash office, but they promoted well on the market.

If this coin will become popular then no one can trace who had money or where do they live.

Edited by cryptosix
  • +1 1

14 minutes ago, cryptosix said:

If this coin will become popular then no one can trace who had money or where do they live.

They are very active team, will certainly bring the success. I was lucky to have contact with them for some reasons. Also, a lo of people are mining the coin despite its low price. You can check their mining community on telegram. I had given a try but later decided not to do hahaha.

• +3 1

Yeah, this was in their white paper too where they said it starts on August 1st. How much did you made from mining as I read we need Good PC's with higher Ram. I forgot the requirements for mining, but I prefer GPU.

currently the price of 1 Epic = 0.16 USD

What makes Monero bigger is its history, it has great use by many merchants and marketing is incredible, and if you go to the DeepWeb you see its use in greater detail, I personally see ONION as a failed project, I was waiting for her in a good exchange and never came. I think it worked like a bubble, its value is very difficult to raise, besides I have friends who participated there and they were not paid for some work and a mod treated them badly and they were investors, they accumulated many Onions, something like that, that's why there was a Big massive dump.

15 minutes ago, Bills said:

What makes Monero bigger is its history, it has great use by many merchants and marketing is incredible, and if you go to the DeepWeb you see its use in greater detail, I personally see ONION as a failed project, I was waiting for her in a good exchange and never came. I think it worked like a bubble, its value is very difficult to raise, besides I have friends who participated there and they were not paid for some work and a mod treated them badly and they were investors, they accumulated many Onions, something like that, that's why there was a Big massive dump.

Monero is also called as DeepWeb currency, I haven't used there though. ONION team was very much unprofessional, no doubt, They have treated the investors badly and there was no freedom of voice which made the investors feel bad. I was also there and left after their manipulation however following the news till now since I am holding a little.

6 minutes ago, Consignee said:

Monero is also called as DeepWeb currency, I haven't used there though. ONION team was very much unprofessional, no doubt, They have treated the investors badly and there was no freedom of voice which made the investors feel bad. I was also there and left after their manipulation however following the news till now since I am holding a little.

If it is on hold, stay there, there may be a chance that it will recover when Bitcoin takes its uptrend and has a new ATH, it is the way I think it can rise, although they launch new improvements, it is difficult for investors to be interested , but once the price rises, if you do, do not hesitate to sell, because in the same way I do not think it will last long up.

1 minute ago, Bills said:

do not hesitate to sell, because in the same way I do not think it will last long up.

I will sell ASAP when it reaches above $1, I am feeling like most stupid because I didn't sell it around $10, although had sold some at the peak. At that time, team was doing some good stuff to be honest. I never thought an ATH of $20 can be down to $0.10

3 minutes ago, Consignee said:

Venderé CUANTO ANTES cuando alcance más de $ 1, me siento muy estúpido porque no lo vendí alrededor de $ 10, aunque había vendido algunos en el pico. En ese momento, el equipo estaba haciendo algunas cosas buenas para ser honesto. Nunca pensé que un ATH de $ 20 puede reducirse a $ 0.10

No, many fell into that error, what they did not know well was that the currency was rising because Bitcoin was in trend, and any bet for any altcoin was profit, in fact, the market at that time was totally painted in green. The good thing is that you can place your sales order and just wait ☺️

4 minutes ago, Bills said:

No, many fell into that error, what they did not know well was that the currency was rising because Bitcoin was in trend, and any bet for any altcoin was profit, in fact, the market at that time was totally painted in green. The good thing is that you can place your sales order and just wait ☺️

there was another reason, it was airdrop going on and people were forced to buy because they need more airdrop coin, that created a significant demand of DeepOnion + it was alt season. Both has brought DeepOnion $20 over one night from $5.

well, Monero has been my favourite privacy coin, but there are some new projects on this area that I think represent a new generation of privacy coins and come to fill the lacks...

I am amazed how no one talks about Beam... for me they are have the best project... seen an interview with the team and my jaw dropped...

Grin and Veil are also very good projects

18 minutes ago, dentolas said:

I am amazed how no one talks about Beam.

We had talked about that here, you can click and check mate. I have not taken three into account because of their MimbleWimble feature, they are a bit different.

20 minutes ago, dentolas said:

Grin and Veil are also very good projects

I think Veil isn't a good one. It has provably flaws in its codebase as well. Anyway, Monero is the top of all time.

so, you mentioned Beam once, sorry...

Mimblewimble is different indeed, not that I'm advertising anything... everyone can make their own research and get to it's own conclusions... but I would check it... search for an interview with Beni from Beam and you'll see some of the details I'm mentioning,,,

should we only talk about the old privacy coins then?

Monero has huge flaws, but is nevertheless the most solid privacy coin from the ones that are already established... and has a good size network that keep things on the ringCT side going...

Veil had the zero coin flaws... same as the Zcash.... but the ringCT part is ok, and in spite of an attack, they kept on going... they are upgrading and they have been ahead of the game.... a good one to keep the eyes on and their team is tireless,,,

• Useful or interesting 2