What is the overclocking for GPU? - Page 4 - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Crypto123

What is the overclocking for GPU?

Overclocking your graphics card is generally a safe process – if you follow the steps below and take things slowly, you won't run into any problems. 

On 3/4/2020 at 1:32 PM, Saj555 said:

The gpu overlocking is important to lower the power consumption and also increase the availability of mining.  The overlocking means the higher performance for the gpu and it is very important to reach to a good mining amount. 

Overlocking does not reduce energy consumption, on the contrary, it increases the shot consumption, but it increases the card speed significantly, as well as increases the mining strength and high temperature.

Raising the frequency is a rather dangerous process but it brings good results in terms of mining, but if you want to raise the frequency you must raise the people of the random memory processor so that it becomes more than 16 GHz and from here your computer will be exposed to the risks of electrical damage and raise the random memory will force you to raise the voltage of the processors, especially if it is from Nvidia type

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Yes, of course, overclocking the device can speed up the mining process itself. It depends on the equipment that is installed. It is not recommended to do this, as the equipment may deteriorate.

47 minutes ago, Danish Tufail said:

Hello folks 

I do mining and I have two GPU cards on my PC and my inquiry is: 

What is the overclocking for GPU and how might it be finished? Is it safe on the card? Does it speed up mining?

I think this is my question and not yours, I am the author of the topic and not you, so I wrote the question and you have to answer, if you have the answer please and write and otherwise do not make such absurd posts, because you are new here and may be subject to punishment.

overclocking is the computer thing term where you can use more power of your gpu than it is recommended by default. for example if you have 4k power you can use 6K power but the device has to be designed to support it.

43 minutes ago, MrGeany said:

overclocking is the computer thing term where you can use more power of your gpu than it is recommended by default. for example if you have 4k power you can use 6K power but the device has to be designed to support it.

Yes, there are programs dedicated to this task, and not all GPUs accept overclocking, and there are certain limits for frequency hopping that may not be exceeded or they will cause damage to the device.

3 hours ago, Preadator889 said:

Overclocking Gpu is the way toward making and getting more profitability for your Gpu than expected, however it devours more vitality and requires less life, yet they get their benefit for it, yet in regular daily existence it's bad.

Yes, an increase in the frequency of the graphics processing unit will lead to an increase in speed and an increase in mining strength, but nevertheless it produces a large temperature rise and a possible greater consumption of energy as well as raising the frequency in a possible risk to cause damage to the card.

3 hours ago, SlavaKPSS said:

The main reason is the increased performance of the overclocked GPU by increasing the speed of the GPU. All GPUs are designed to run at a specific speed, known as the base clock speed, but different cards can usually exceed the speed of the manufacturer.

Thank you you provided me very good information, yes it is true I learned that and knew that the cards come at a certain default speed below the maximum card limit, and overclocking is about increasing this speed to the highest permissible limits and this of course will lead to an increase in speed and an increase in mining strength.

Overclocking is the task of increasing the rate of clocking of a component by running it more quickly than intended. Typically this is true for CPU or GPU, but other pieces can be overclocked as well.

It will be fast mine but it will also produce extra heat. And it needs more cooling and care. Overlocking GPUs means increasing the clock rate of the GPU and it will start to run at a much faster rate than it was designed to run.

6 hours ago, Rares002 said:

Overclocking is the task of increasing the rate of clocking of a component by running it more quickly than intended. Typically this is true for CPU or GPU, but other pieces can be overclocked as well.

Any other bits mean, I don't know the CPU and GPU, I don't know which other bits can be overclocked, can you give me some examples of that. I don't think there are any other bits that can speed up.

1 hour ago, Thaaer said:

My dear friend thought that this matter means an increase in the rate of exploration .. but it is never desirable because it does a great harm to your device .. I asked about it and one of the experts told me that the matter does not achieve any great benefit but it does a great harm.

Yes, I do not want to make overclock too much because as you say it can cause damage to the device as it does not make a big difference in mining so I prefer to leave the device at the factory default settings.

When I used my farm I didn't overclock the video cards. Since there is no great perceptibility on mining, but the probability that the video card will deteriorate increases.

• Useful or interesting 1

On 4/7/2020 at 4:40 PM, CryptoMaxim said:

When I used my farm I didn't overclock the video cards. Since there is no great perceptibility on mining, but the probability that the video card will deteriorate increases.

For me I did it for experimental purposes only, I increased the speed of my graphics card for experimentation, but I did not feel that much difference and I was afraid that you would be harmed so I backed away from it.

1 hour ago, Pinky55 said:

This is a kind of tunnig to the GPU and then it can help you to increase the effi8of the GPU but bro this is a risky business it your tunnig is unstable then it can burn the GPU 

Yes, it is possible to increase the speed of the graphics card through an overclock work, but this work may be dangerous sometimes, especially if there is not enough experience, and the differences are not great and therefore I generally do not recommend it except to experts.

On 3/14/2020 at 9:31 AM, jack0 said:

overclocking means using your hardware at the full force means higher than the safe level from manufacturers.

Safe level? Overclocking your GPU is safe. Your GPU will not work if you add too high and will operate again if you return or decrease the parameters.

On 4/18/2020 at 8:28 AM, UT2001 said:

Overclocking of the gpu will result in more power given to the gpu and gives higher mining returns, however it does potential also cause long time damage to the gpu so this is not something that people should mess around with unless they are sure they know what they are doing.

Yes, this can be dangerous and cause harm. It is better that it is only done by someone who has experience in such matters. The card comes to default settings from the manufacturer and in case you do not have enough experience it is better to leave it as it is without change.

On 5/25/2020 at 4:52 PM, nayon89 said:

I think over clocking  is your maximum GPU usage. I mean if you overclock it then your GPU will run in by it's maximum ability. I don't know exact definition. And i also don't know that wether you have convinced by me or not.

Yes that is, it means raising the frequency for the GPU to operate at maximum power and this leads to an increase in processing speed but it also leads to a significant increase in temperature and can cause damage to the GPU if it is not set up well.

Overclocking is using GPU to the maximum power. It is slightly harmful but you can reduce harm by adding cooling fans. When GPU is overclocked the increased volts can gradually damage the GPU and on the other hand increased speed generates more heat which can also damage slightly for long term use.

On 6/1/2020 at 11:58 AM, Crypto123 said:

but it also leads to a significant increase in temperature

That's why when we use overclocking we also use undervolting. I made 2 topic about my mining RIG and I give more info.

Overclocking = more power  = more tension = more heat

Undervolting = less tension   =   less electricity  = less heat

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

On 6/2/2020 at 7:18 PM, bitcoinb said:

That's why when we use overclocking we also use undervolting. I made 2 topic about my mining RIG and I give more info.

Overclocking = more power  = more tension = more heat

Undervolting = less tension   =   less electricity  = less heat

Thank you my friend, I think I need to know more about the feature of undervolting، Can you put the topic links you wrote about that? I want to know more about this and I would be glad to read your posts.