Mining Cooling Problems - Page 4 - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
on1k3n

Mining Cooling Problems

There are a number of things that you can do to keep you laptop cool. 1st of all, make sure it isnt lying flat on the table or surface, prop the back up, so air can circulate underneath it. They now sell supports that you can lie your laptop on, with fans, so it cools the bottom of the laptop. Then there are programs / apps that lets you control the fan manually. It should also include a temp gauge. If you can leave it next to an open window, all the better.

Earn Free Bit-Coins. Every hour you can win up to $200 USD in BTC.

https://freebitco.in/?r=41529082

1100388917_FreeBitco_in3.png.3817f1e8269d8e972cacf1276f358331.png

On 11/14/2019 at 6:22 AM, on1k3n said:

I've been having a problem of keeping my laptop cool when I'm mining. I'm thinking of some ways to keep this thing from overheating. I'm almost to a point of putting an AC unit on the side of my laptop. Yes, it's that bad, but I don't know what else to do. How do you keep your computer cool from overheating? Should I keep mining or just let it die a slow death? 

Open your computer and clean the cpu cooling system Your computer's processor will not heat up quickly and will cool down normally. The temperature always rises during mining

You'll actually discover for yourself how unprofitable mining on a laptop is until your hardware fails and needs to be replaced. You can mine as a hobby, but laptops are not designed to be used at full power because they constantly overheat. Overheating is not a problem for any laptop; it is a feature.

15 hours ago, teebasas said:

laptops are not designed to be used at full power because they constantly overheat.

3fn6bl25mei61.png

Do not post some dumb and outdated assumptions. His temperatures are OK.

On 2/13/2020 at 5:12 AM, Nakamoto said:

I think you also need to increase your laptop fan settings. I also use a cooling pad to increase air circulation better. Don't use your CPU fully. Leave 1 thread for the other process.

@Nakamoto The space inside the laptop is very small, and it is difficult to dissipate heat using the fan ventilation system. Usually we do not use laptop to mine coins, however nowadays when the price of BTC & ETH is very high, many places have taken advantage of gaming latop to mine coins. They have to put the laptop in closed air-conditioned rooms with the temperature kept at 15-20 degrees C. Thus the computer will work optimally with an internal temperature of about 35-40 degrees Celsius.

First of all, it is not recommended to mine cryptocurrency by using laptop's processing power. It is very interesting to know, which coin are you mining by using the Laptop? If you are dealing with the case of Bitcoin mining from PC, I do not think it is still possible to make profits because mining difficulties increased and ASICs hardware devices are coming into the existence. If you are facing overheating issues while mining altcoins like ZCash, attempt to adjust the device with  the powerful hardware components  because node has to be  installed on your graphic card and it has to be synced as well. 

I do not advise you to use your laptop because mining at the moment is in need of very strong and special devices in order to obtain profit from the mining process . Using a personal computer, you will only get a very small amount, and you can lose your device or be badly damaged .

• +3 1