Social media, are very dangerous to use!!! - Off Topic - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
bobjoemega

Social media, are very dangerous to use!!!

In this topic i will not talk about hacking your private pictures and videos, from some one and he start to asking you money, if you want him to deleted, but i will warning you about a dangerous thing that can happen to you when you are doing some chat, in this website, the thing is  you need to be sure, that you are talking with your friends in  this social media, because sometimes some of them get hacked, and the pirate start to ask you help with the use of the account of your friend, so first you need to call your friend to confirm that you are with the right personne, before anything else. 

Edited by bobjoemega
i need to change color it's the admin order
  • Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 4
  • +4 2
  • +5 3

in my opinion social media is not always dangerous, now people use social media to find information sources, and are used for trading, so in my opinion social media is not always dangerous.

• +2 1

1 hour ago, Congli18 said:

in my opinion social media is not always dangerous, now people use social media to find information sources, and are used for trading, so in my opinion social media is not always dangerous.

Well, maybe its just a matter of luck. Because sometimes hackers find their targets randomly.  So I think we're all vulnerable to the danger brought by social media.

• +2 1

Social media for me is safe if you are careful, don't put private data here because it can be hacked. Don't give easily your private data even if its relative or not because as you said they can become a way to steal your information.

• +1 1

Depends on the user on how they critically communicate to strangers on the web. One can simply ignore or deny other user but you must also know the starting point before giving personal information. Social media was built for communication and will remain risky until the time it shut down, though it won't happen very soon. 

This is true, once experienced by my younger sister, she took photos and used other names and identities exactly. they contacted my sister's friends via mesenger, to borrow money, fortunately they were clever and not affected by seduction. and test you try to call me, no matter how much I will lend.

• +1 1
  • +4 1

Let me rephrase what OP has said:

In the most simplest words, what he means is that your social media friend could have been hacked and thus, when your friend asks for financial help, meet him eye-to-eye to verify his identity and not you're not sending funds blindly to whom you might not know (the one who hacked your friend's account).

• +1 1
  • +2 1

On 11/13/2019 at 9:24 PM, bobjoemega said:

In this topic i will not talk about hacking your private pictures and videos, from some one and he start to asking you money, if you want him to deleted, but i will warning you about a dangerous thing that can happen to you when you are doing some chat, in this website, the thing is  you need to be sure, that you are talking with your friends in  this social media, because sometimes some of them get hacked, and the pirate start to ask you help with the use of the account of your friend, so first you need to call your friend to confirm that you are with the right personne, before anything else. 

I had an experience similar to what you say, the facebook of an acquaintance was hacked and then I was wondering about a person to buy 1000 dollars, at the time I thought it was him but it was not like that, the next day some close ones told me that my friend had hacked Facebook and was not the one who offered the money, you have to be careful with this and call your close to see if their activity is normal.

• +1 1

On 11/14/2019 at 8:37 AM, Congli18 said:

Yes it is true what you say and I agree with your thoughts.
Social media is not very dangerous even social media is made a place to trade even on social media to find sources of information, shopping and even exchanging goods can also be done on social media so I don't think it's really dangerous.

• +1 1

That is a point. Facebook's account are now easily been hacked and the person that hacked it might be some one that has been observing you for long and will use that advantage to get some info from your friends

Well, we all know that this social media helps us to communicate and socialized to the other people but there some poeple that they use this for scamming and hacking, we can prevent this to checking their profile if this person or account is just dummy and avoid some replying messages to the person you didn't know.

• +1 1

On 11/14/2019 at 7:24 AM, bobjoemega said:

I don't think social media is always dangerous  .. 
Now is the time for information -and-communication-technology to say social media is not just bad for me,it a helpful for me... 
If you can protect privacy on social media, then social media is good for you, like in this forum From here I make an income.Through social media, we seem to be in the same home with each other from far away...
So to me, I think social media is good if you can use it well

• +1 1

Social media is dangerous because it is abused by irresponsible people. If social media is used wisely it can also provide for its users. I hope you remain cautious on the internet.

• +2 1

Everything that is accessed by the internet is very dangerous, it's just that most people don't realize it. Technology will be dangerous if the one using is the wrong person. Like plastic that was created to replace paper bags to prevent felling trees but now plastic has polluted the ocean because people use it wrong

yaap. We face many kinds of problems by using social media.Almost every time people spammed by spammers in social media.Account hack is another problem.

• +1 1

Bengali?

View this Topic

I used Facebook a lot. But i private my account to only friends can see or search my account. So just my families and my friends can see my account. I have another Facebook account to joined the crypto group. Also i never used my picture when create the other social media accounts.

Hmm, for me it's a yes, but it depends on who or how you will use it. Also just have common sense and make sure that you will secure yourself. Security is important, also the dignity is important so be safe and becareful guys. 

It all depends on the user of the social network. Do not trust strangers and respond to their request to send them any information. And still want be noted not worth download the proposed unfamiliar people files (music or pictures of the etc). Viruses are often hidden in such files.

• +3 1

Any activity carried out on the Internet is accompanied by several risks, risks that we accept once we open an Internet browser. But if the security measures are followed, there should be no problems.

I knew about crypto because of social media. Still most of the info is shared by social media and we get update quickly. Without social media crypto is nothing. People know and learn it from social media. So I personally don't think social media is dangerous for crypto.

Yeah this cyber world is too many dangerous for everyone specially newbie. We need to become more smart so that hacker can't get our information easily.

It does not call for all this anxiety and fear, especially at the moment with the availability of strong protection methods such as phone protection and 2FA
It became difficult for hackers to access your account without your knowledge

THINK POSITIVE

Some time social media spread good matters other day thay spread rumors people are confusing two matters are going bad and good but un safe to kids they learn many bad things 

• +2 1
  • +4 1

Social media is an entertainment platform where we can share different things which through we can know the updated news about the world which is useful for us. But yes when you got trouble on social media it's dangerous .