Cryptocurrencies and Online Games - Page 6 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
kyoukage01

Cryptocurrencies and Online Games

Online gaming is a interesting item for me, and the willing is triggered by the cryptocurrency. But its not profitable at all cause its risky.

As we see in the current period, the use of digital currencies in games has spread more than any other field, there is no level of security provided by the portfolio in any technology, and the technology of the portfolio can be used in many areas. , Why is this great technology lost in games and not take advantage of its great features.

• +1 1

most of people like to earn money by online games.... but i don;t know why i don't like or prefer the online games which give payments..

that's why for me crypto is better than any kinds of online games.... but online game is liked by many people and they prefer to play online games....

It seems like right now, online gamers' adoption of cryptocurrencies are not as fast as one would anticipate, especially these times during the global pandemic where people are forced to stay indoors during lockdowns and have the option to play games to pass the time.

"Not all gamers are crypto traders, and not all crypto traders are gamers either." This is what somebody in the article below has been quoted as saying. Maybe the awareness about it is not quite there yet: even I have no idea about the non-fungible tokens mentioned here, being only recently learning about crypto and all. But it's not yet too late to learn new things, so I'll leave an article here to view and help raise awareness even for a bit.

Maybe the reason why gamers are slow in adopting cryptocurrencies lies in crypto itself: it may seem like an easy subject to learn at first glance but becomes deceptively harder to comprehend once an average person delves deeper into it. A couple of solutions I can offer for this are that gamers should stick first to the crypto that directly affect their games before venturing on others, and that they should take their time learning them, one at a time.

Spoiler

Blockchain studio rep laments that ‘Not all gamers are crypto traders’

Felipe Erazo

And not all crypto traders are gamers either.

With the rise of non-fungible tokens (NFT), gamers and crypto enthusiasts are coming together, but gamers may not even know they’re using cryptos before they understand the decentralized nature of NFTs, an expert said. 

During an interview with Cointelegraph, Mac Ocampo, head of growth at blockchain entertainment studio Virtually Human Studio (VHS), said that NFTs and gaming platforms complement each other well, as there are "good NFT products out there like Sorare and Dapper Labs’ NBA Top Shot which introduces more mainstream users to the world of NFTs."

Ocampo summarized the concept that the NFTs industry should adopt and it’s “cryptotainment,” where both segments, crypto traders and gamers, can play – for example – a horse racing game while earning crypto at the same. That’s why he thinks that the industry faces a challenge: 

“The high cost of owning and maintaining a racehorse in the real world creates a distinct gap between its profit-hungry customers and the privilege of ownership.”

“Not all gamers are crypto traders, and not all crypto traders are gamers” is one of the major hurdles that the NFTs gaming sector should overcome, Ocampo said. However, he tells a personal story which he considers the proper one to highlight NFTs benefits:

"I recently caught up with my high school pals during the lockdown. One of my friends, Jimmy, had this $12k Michael Jordan chase card he bought a few years ago. However, when he had time to organize his collection, the inevitable happened - termites raided his trading card collection."

And that’s where the value of NFTs comes in, added Ocampo, clarifying that if that valuable piece of Michael Jordan memorabilia was converted into an NFT, “then there’s a high possibility that it could have retained its value.”

Ocampo also talked about how the COVID-19 pandemic is helping in some way to boost NFTs adoption in recent months:

“NFTs have always been associated with gaming platforms and most people were playing games during that time. While it’s quite insensitive to say that it has contributed to the growth and sales of NFT platforms and blockchain games, we have to admit that more users are now familiar on how in-game purchases work and the value that NFTs give to the gaming space.” 

Ocampo explained the critical role that the NEAR protocol can play in the NFT industry, using a recent VHS project called the ZEST Play Platform that’s based on NEAR as an example:

"There are several blockchain protocols now that say they have higher TPS and lower transaction costs, but we are confident that the NEAR protocol will solve roadblocks which enables us to provide a great user experience to our customers. Since ZEST is the first NFT mainnet product on NEAR blockchain, we aim to be a great case study for the next wave of NFT platforms and games on NEAR."

source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/blockchain-studio-rep-laments-that-not-all-gamers-are-crypto-traders

• +3 2

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

Its a great thing, because there is lots of people those who are seekers for playing game. This kind of combination will be best if  the gamer earn a little bit . But there is some fake sites, if somehow they get into the trap that gonna be cost the gamer a lot. 

Edited by hasan007
  • +1 2
  • +2 2

Both are of all benefits, especially Crypto currencies this is more valuable to me as it a means of making fine amount of income that will satisfy my basic needs at the same time handling trading, making Investment etc.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

Many games are now adding cryptocurrencies and we can easily earn cryptocurrencies by playing game but their value is very less. Even the price is less than $1 for 10k tokens but when the price will pump then you can earn more amount. So, collect as much as cryptocurrency.

• +1 1
  • +2 2

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

If ever there is something would be sure to apply and adopt to crypto currency it would be most likely the gaming industry since the origin of both is pretty much the same, the internet. The reason why they should be able to do this is because it would be just another source of transactions for money and to increase also their relevancy in the community. The reason is that they should be at least known through it since they would be living in the same space, the digital space. It is beneficial to the both industry if ever they managed to get hand in hand with each other since both of them would gain popularity about the news of the relationship that would be bind to this both industries.

• +1 1
  • +3 2

It will come a day when the change in the online games will happen but it goes very slow. It was supposed to be faster and gaming companies are losing time. One game that will be a top graphics and gameplay 3d world or rpg that will allow the gamers to play for free and have an item market or gold sales for users in crypto will be more successful than any other game ever made.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

The virtual gaming economies are manipulated and governed by the companies. They can change the inflation and can create many problems. Also they don't allow selling for real money and are banning accounts doing that. This is the bigger problem in my opinion as they don't allow someone to resell. It is online worlds and governed centralized so only way to change this is through decentralized blockchain gaming systems that still haven't been invented.

• +1 1
  • +3 1
  • +4 1

I like games and not gambling. I would love to have better decentralized games but the quality today is very low and we don't see many of them succeed or become very popular. I am hoping for a merge of both of these worlds as it can be better for both games and crypto. Maybe we will witness this in the future and we if it happens it will be big.

• +1 2
  • +3 1

I think cryptocurrency and online games are the best tandem, since are in virtual world, you can use cryptocurrency to buy any items in the game. But I think cyrptocurrency is commonly used in any gambling site like Roobet, BetFury and other gambling site, it is really a good idea to incorporate the cryptocurrency to any game.

Cryptocurrencies and online games are related in a way that, many online games are reward based, and they reward users for playing games. Mostly users are able to gain coins, diamonds or gems and collect them to redeem gift cards, PayPal balance or simply cryptocurrencies payment.

• +1 1
  • +2 2

I have a big hope that next year we will see the beginning of this. There are a few cryptocurrencies that can be used and it all depends on how the game companies see this. There is a lot of money to be made and I don't think that they will keep their current system but will evolve and we will have a better gaming experience and monetization soon.

• +1 1
  • +2 2

I would love to have a game where we can earn some crypto too with our skills. I wouldn't like farming games but one that would have a high learning curve and pay the most to the best players. It would help many people in the world as pubg was when it was released and other games that had big gold markets. If this is all legal it would help the companies too as millions of people will play these games.

• +2 1

The gaming community is tens of millions of people. The only merge of the two worlds would be if the big games that open next will start accepting trading of game assets in crypto. It would create real markets inside games and make reality what people were expecting from the internet since the early days.

On 11/13/2019 at 7:53 AM, kyoukage01 said:

So, what do you think of this article? Will the adoption of cryptocurrencies in the online gaming community become successful and widespread on this present day?

The article was great my dear. You were amazing and it was a great read for my. I am also played game and not too often lately but it will be a good help for all if the game and crypto find common ground and merge. I am be fine to play games and be reward in crypto too, it will be a dream.

• +2 1
  • +3 1

A lot of people who have real interest in online gaming can make a huge profit out of cryptocurrency being used as bridge. This can increase the number of users that are actually involved in the cryptocurrency world. Thank you for your content.

• +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

Games and cryptocurrencies are growing very strongly, and I think that it is the right time to release games that are friendly to digital currencies and are based on the blockchain system, where a game has a digital currency and we can mine it through play, for example.

• +1 3
  • +2 1

With all this development that our world is witnessing, I think it is the right time to integrate games with digital currencies so that we can spread the blockchain to the farthest limits, and this will be a new step in the world of Bitcoin.

• +1 1

We are on our way to games that will be based on blockchain technology and maybe we will be able to win digital currencies by playing and charging the game at the same time with Bitcoin, and this may happen in the coming years.

I've always liked online games, but for some reason I haven't found the way to combine this with making money or getting financial benefits through them. I hope this glorious day comes, or rather I hope to find a way to do it soon.

• +1 1

I think the crypto community has done a mistake by mixing gambling with gaming. It is different and I tried to correct them many times as I remember projects like Tron and Waves discussing blockchain games and all they did was some gambling apps. The crypto world is overrun by gambling websites and we don't need more of these. What kind of adoption we want is not about that.

• +3 2

It is something very possible to happen because of the nature of cryptocurrencies being mostly online money and gaming that is turning to massive online games, 3d worlds, having chatrooms and speech software to communicate. Games will be great if they adopt crypto. It will also be great for the prices of cryptocurrencies that will be used.

• +2 1

On 11/26/2020 at 10:02 PM, bogdanoff said:

The gaming community is tens of millions of people. The only merge of the two worlds would be if the big games that open next will start accepting trading of game assets in crypto. It would create real markets inside games and make reality what people were expecting from the internet since the early days.

The gaming community is a potential market for cryptocurrencies that is still not fully tapped until now. Maybe the fault lies in the adoption of cryptocurrencies as a whole, since the progress in adoption for everyday casual transactions is still low. What I was expecting is that the gaming community might provide an impetus for other sections of society to start using cryptocurrencies. After all, the computer knowledge of online gamers as a whole is relatively high.

On 11/27/2020 at 10:52 PM, Mella said:

The article was great my dear. You were amazing and it was a great read for my. I am also played game and not too often lately but it will be a good help for all if the game and crypto find common ground and merge. I am be fine to play games and be reward in crypto too, it will be a dream.

"So, what do you think of this article?" Well, I was talking to the article I posted. The content I wrote was something I added much later on to update the topic. If you are pointing to what I wrote over there, thanks 🙂 .

You may want to look for my other posts in this topic for examples of cryptocurrency-related games I wrote before. There may also be a few topics floating around in this forum about cryptocurrency-based games you might want to try as well.

On 11/28/2020 at 1:59 AM, annayks said:

I think the crypto community has done a mistake by mixing gambling with gaming. It is different and I tried to correct them many times as I remember projects like Tron and Waves discussing blockchain games and all they did was some gambling apps. The crypto world is overrun by gambling websites and we don't need more of these. What kind of adoption we want is not about that.

Some of the members who posted here also made that mistake of mixing up online gaming and gambling. I don't mind about it, but you are right about the need to distinguish between the two.

As for the proliferation of gambling websites and apps, maybe we don't have anything much to do about it except not patronizing them if we can help it. After all, some crypto-based exchanges have some form of gambling built into them, even Yobit has their dice game (which is technically gambling). Let's just give the people some warning about the dangers of gambling, then leave it to them to decide what to do with their money afterwards.

• +3 1
  • +5 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/