Regulation or Privacy? - Page 9 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

Regulation or Privacy?

Both Cryptocurrency privacy and regulation have importances.  

276 members have voted

1. 1. what what do you think you real need?

• Privacy
    • Regulation

I think this is a certain set of things that must be on the stock exchange! This is both security and privacy, as well as regularity on the exchange, so that we can get some shares, assets! Thanks.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +3 1

I think privacy is more important than regulation because privacy will help us keep a safe account from hackers. We all have to protect our privacy, and that's why it has to be privacy.

• +1 1

Actually I don't agree with Kyc's rules, but for safety and looking for suspicious activity, I agree. Provided that kyc is given to those who really need it, for example an exchange that requires kyc to be linked to our bank account number.

• +1 2

I really want crypto to be regulated. But these defi and scams and all thse unwanted project built in nothing makes me really want to ban all this

• -1 1

These are contradicting as regulations usually don't allow privacy and governments give the impression of wanting to crack down on money laundering but do nothing to reduce it on a large scale that is happening with the bank sector. Cryptocurrencies are used as a scapegoat for this reason and with Bitcoin laundering is very hard and almost impossible.

• +1 2
  • +2 1

Bitcoin is not private coin all of the transcations are on a public ledger that is the blockchain and they are open for anyone to give a look. We have privacy coins that do that but Bitcoin was never private. Regulations are needed in a small scale to help with adoption. You can't have far west conditions for ever.

• +1 1

To me I will choose privacy an especially in the forum its very important tank to know that your private message is secure with the person you are in conversations with because we should be able to communicate freely without the fear is a third party will see it @teminalibug 

• +1 1

I would say that the first thing you will need especially in the digital space is privacy. The regulation is something only being brought up when the popularity or the community demands it already so that it would caught the attention of the public eye in which would attract more users to them. I would say that privacy is something that we are actually paying for in this digital space because the private information even if those are general information they are still vital for every user for getting hijacked by the people who wanted to gain access of your accounts which are the hackers.

• Useful or interesting 2

I think that the two matters are important and if it is possible to produce a balance. Indeed, these countries are now seeking to regulate the circulation of cryptocurrencies and at the same time, they remain on the basics of financial privacy. But personally, I prefer to organize and adopt clear foundations for their use, as privacy may concern large institutions or companies far from individuals as you indicated.

Privacy is good, but there's the law of the land that we should abide as a good citizen of our respective countries, IMO, both should be implemented, our privacy must be protected as the same the regulation will impose to protect the users/investors because the crypto industry is not regulated it has cost $billions of dollars from investors hard earned money that went through the pocket of scammers that's why its better to regulate the space so that we the users/investors are also protected by the law.  

Edited by Masterrex
  • +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

Both played a big role and have certain advantages here but in the world of crypto currency one have to be anonymous in keeping privacy if really you want to avoid scammers and be successful. So in this aspect I choose privacy.

Privacy of course. We don't need any kind of regulation although some limited is required and what we need above all is to have a system that will not track our wallets easily and leak our financial information to scammers all over the world that will then try any way possible to steal our online wealth.

It's the too much regulation that is attached to fiat currencies that made cryptocurrencies more advantageous even though a little regulations are good in other for an entirely not to over-do its processes, 

Privacy of course. I couldn't care for regulation. Privacy is really important. Our online behaviour is tracked and analyzed by companies like facebook, google, twitter and many big marketing media and secret services like we are criminals under investigation. It is privacy what we need most of all.

On 11/11/2019 at 4:42 PM, teminalibug said:
  • Danger from criminals
  • Better basis for companies and private individuals in negotiations
  • Contaminated coins can lead to blacklisting
  • Censorship and prohibition
  • Just privacy

Completely agreed. We need privacy for these reasons exactly and for just having privacy that is our right to ask for. I support privacy coins for this reason too and the mixing services to protect our wallets from anyone watching.

I think Privacy is everyone's right, I choose privacy to protect from evil. In addition, privacy is safer because no one knows how many crypto assets a person has. If the rules are certain, there are certain parties who know about assets owned by the community and will be taxed. I think privacy is better.

• +2 1

Regulations in cryptocurrencies, although they are necessary since they provide greater legality to this environment, tend to go against the decentralized nature that most systems similar to bitcoin offer, therefore it must be regulated but at the same time the privacy of those who use cryptocurrencies must be insured.

Both played a vital role but is will be good of privacy if everything remain anonymous during trading but to be honest here I will prefer privacy since it matters a lot while regulation is just to avoid the bad eggs into the system which help us from these scammers.

• +4 1

Hello everyone base on this topic all you need to know is very simple follow the rules and regulation of the platform made by the moderators and you're good to go, this rules are very simple but difficult to understand. The rules are as follow no spamming on peoples work, copy and paste is not allow on the platform because is going to implecate you and you will be banned for that

For my point of view i need privacy more than regulations. Because privacy make me secure and also to protect me.For this reason i choose privacy. 

I am not think there is any reason for regulation to be strict and ask for KYC, this is a bad way to regulate, it only tells everyone that the governments will have the information stored about us and our habits. It is in no way helps with anti laundering it is all about personal surveilance.

• +2 1

I am more for privacy as the internet is always full of software that is tracking us and we need to remove everything of this from our browser and system. We have to keep our privacy intact no matter. But Bitcoin is not about privacy as it is transparent. It is a network where everything is permanent in blocks and names can be found from exchanges and other sources.

• +3 1

There is need for slight regulations and not extensive that will make problems for adoption and use. I don't think that KYC is required today and there are ways to use and buy cryptocurrencies without doing any and there will always be, although regulations can make this harder.

Cryptocurrency privacy is very important because many people complain about cases of them loosing by a scammer while some expose their wallet private key which is dangerous we should try to fix in privacy in all of our dealings in cryptocurrency.