KYC-Know Your Customer - Page 9 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Joker

KYC-Know Your Customer

1 hour ago, Afrin246 said:

We are now asked to do kyc on almost all kinds of airdrop and some online app. Without thinking of anything, we got our national identity and kyc with passport which we should not do. Before verifying kyc in any airdrop or online app, we should know the complete information of that airdrop or app. If you don't know, please do not kyc. Thank you.

I would recommend not to do kyc for any airdrop at all. Although in the past some airdrops did pay a few coins, I still don't think it is any decent amount to risk with your private information. Who knows how long these people will keep your papers and how they will use it. Sending such information to anyone is dangerous.

• +5 1

there is suspect on big websites li ke google and facebook on selling the private information of users , no one likes to share their even name and email id to others in cryptoworld to others for security purpose and KYC is simply you are handing out your print of your national id and paasport , like seriously ? 🤣

• +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 6/29/2020 at 8:03 PM, Abiaan said:

like seriously ? 

Yeah, for some reason too many people send their private documents anywhere online. Some people do that just to take part in airdrops which is actually something they should be avoiding. Even the big exchanges that demand KYC, had problems and private data has been leaked.

• Useful or interesting 1

KYC process is sounds like little bit crazy, lots of document required to complete this process. But its also provide a good security. 

KYC is not bad to take it because its a good security but the problem is because many sites are now using KYC and they have made it hard to pass. I think we should not trust every site that requires our documents because not all of them are legal.

• +1 1

Sometimes KYC is helpful. We can ensure our workplace with our identity. But sometimes it is not good.  Our precious information can be hacked by scammers. It’s not good to give information to any site before judgement. We should secure our information firstly     

Yes you can say it is a special type of sanction by the Governmental agencies to get control over the money laundering by illegal & anonymous means. The companies that run these exchanges are required to collect user data & monitor their activities.

• +3 1

I actually really prefer those companies that does need any KYCs. As much as possible, I want o remain my anonymity in crypto related things. However, if it is really necessary, if the company is reputable and very trusted, and if I need it, maybe I will go through and pass my KYC form. You can always do backround checking first. I do not pass any personal information to not well known companies.

If we introduce KYC to stock exchanges, we will never know what they will do after sending them, they can sell our information or try to access email accounts. It's really risky, because payment system providers simply refuse to provide services to you because you don't have a KYC.
  It is better to register a non-KYC stock exchange and there are several of them.

In most of the exchange its optional. You can still use your account without KYC and can withdraw a reasonable amounts of money. 

■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■     PEER-TO-PEER MULTI-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM     ■   ■   ■   ■   ■   ■

━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━━ ━━ ━    Free TON    ━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━

|► DECLARATION OF DECENTRALIZATION |   FORUM   |   TON SURF   |► BECOME AN AMBASSADOR |

personally , I didn't think that their is any member who is happy from it . becuase this is always risky to provide our private docoument to any platform . there is many exchanges ( yobit ) who didn't asked for KYC , as well if you are small trader you can used binance , bittrex without any problems .

• +4 1

19797726_signatutelogo.jpeg.5619939f2adcfc45c33a5e7577232a71.jpeg

You have the right to be concerned about your personal information, so I do not advise you to upload it to any website. Rather, you should only place it on trusted and popular platforms.

On 11/11/2019 at 2:09 PM, Joker said:

I am always wary of KYC. Recently, many exchanges and sites require it to pass. Do you think it is necessary to be afraid to provide documents and if so what problems may be with this ? If who rebuffed with than the unpleasant or with somehow any fraud associated with transfer passport data for (KYC) share with us. Thank you in advance

You're fear reasonable against kyc because present so many big platform's also sell their users data, if you not sure any exchange are any airdrop are any website then don't submit you're personal documents, because these fraud platform's main intense only collect users data and sell to third party company's.

I think this algorithm is suitable for those who have millions of cryptocurrencies and not for ordinary people in my opinion they should not obligate us to provide documents

I always stay away from those that need to have kycs.

I do not want to give any personal information and documents to them. 

I do not know them, then why should I?

It's really risky and dangerous. 

So before you guys continue on a site, make sure you know if they need kyc or not. Else you'll have a problem.

if you only want to deposit, withdraw, transfer, you don't need kyc, it's okay or just skip step kyc and 2fa authenticator but for more security you can apply 2fa. I don't think any system is better with KYC, to me it seems unnecessary, nothing more than just bothering users with KYC

Most the exchange site that make use of KYC(know your client) verification procedure mandatory are scam and I will suggest you look for the likes of yobit exchanger and binance exchanger because they are both legit exchange sites and there KYC verification procedure is optional which is to tell you that they are legit.

• +3 1

I prefer site that does not required Kyc and here are my reasons:

1.I prefer my identity to be anonymous.

2. l don't want my data's should be sold

So that is reason why I prefer to choose the site that does not requires for KYC verification.

BetFury                                                    

I am not sure about KYC it does not happen as most people think, am not good in understanding what its all about, its a level you can not tell and its what we have to really check on

There is something suspicious about systems that are asking about KYC. I think that it is too much information to give to something that we don't know or we are not trusting enough. Our personal might be exposed or might get stolen because of them asking for our KYC information. 

KYC verification process is mainly done to verify customers who have registered in an organization but some scammers seems to be making use of it to cheat less experienced people who send them there information since they don't know the implications. Be careful with any project that seek for KYC verification most of them are scam.

BetFury                                                   

I am too wary of KYC and I done sometimes because I most of the top exchanges demand it as coinbase and it was something I didn't like as these may be regulated exchanges but there have been events of hacks in all exchanges and the id can be sold even by staff there. So I try to avoid kyc and not do but sometimes it is impossible.

• +2 1

On 11/11/2019 at 3:39 PM, Joker said:

I am always wary of KYC. Recently, many exchanges and sites require it to pass. Do you think it is necessary to be afraid to provide documents and if so what problems may be with this ? If who rebuffed with than the unpleasant or with somehow any fraud associated with transfer passport data for (KYC) share with us. Thank you in advance.

Yes, in my opinion there are several exchanges that provide kyc conditions for someone who wants to register on the exchange, in my opinion kyc should not be given to anyone because it is dangerous and can be traded, so it is better not to use an exchange that provides kyc conditions.

• +1 1

The issue of KYC verifications is cleared from my side that I don't longer subscribe to any given campaign that request for doing KYC before of after the campaign, then to receive the reward. But I do participate, in terms of exchange site to allow transaction between them and my  bank account for payment of currency purchases.

• +3 1