Does bitcoin waste electricity? - Bitcoin - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Rashel

Does bitcoin waste electricity?

There are many arguments against wasting not only electricity,but also computing power.. 

Computing power includes internet. Electricity... 

• Useful or interesting 3
  • -1 1
  • +1 4
  • +5 1

i don't think so bro. when you watch movie listening song you use electricity. but by crypto there's chance to earn but watching movie you can't earn thanks

• Useful or interesting 1

Judging by the information from the forums, people continue to engage in mining, and they would not do this if they lost money. This study of electricity costs on Bitcoin can hardly be called scientific, but the panic about the energy costs associated with Bitcoin is mostly based on a poor understanding and incorrect calculations.

• +1 2
  • +3 2

pxf.jpg

Yes, mining equipment consumes electricity, but other plants consume more electricity, such as hydrocarbons factories and electronics factories.
That is why I find it a weak argument and is not a disadvantage to me

Life is great and enjoy it

I think everything that works with electricity consumes a lot of energy. Air conditioners, factories and lighting devices are why I don't think this is a problem.

Yes Bitcoin mining requires high computing powers, and it also requires electricity for mining power. Also for mining bitcoin requires big mining farms, so eventually it requires high electricity. It's have somewhere heard a fact that around 80%/90% mining is done through Chinese mining farms.

Yes bitcoin mining waste too much electricity and it is not an eco friendly project but people still developing it because of its potential but i prefer to do staking because it doesnt require to much energy unlike mining.

• +3 1

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR SALE PM ME!

1 hour ago, Rashel said:

There are many arguments against wasting not only electricity,but also computing power.. 

If you are a miner then all these comes as a part your start up cost, you'll have to already account for every thing you'll be using including electricity, so I'm my opinion it is not a waste of resources.

I don't agree, I actually think that bitcoin is very beneficial and it can pay back the elctricity consumed. Staying here in the industry is a bit confusing since I was still new and learning new things here but I think I still don't waste electricity. Also, having here is much more relevant since I can be successful and earned money here.

I have read several news, there are information that Bitcoin waste electricity more than whole population of Switzerland or Greece.. I think this waste is justified.

csdouble.com, получи 500 бесплатных монет по промокоду "marsellous"

Install in your yard or install solar panels at a height to generate electricity. Hurry up a bit with solar panels, and this is an alternative form of electricity. Many people use this type of electricity and use bitcoin as mining. 

Bitcoin doesn`t waste a lot of electricity if you don`t have a huge mining farm. Comparing with banks it uses a very very little percent of electricity 

• +2 1

4 minutes ago, nykas said:

Bitcoin doesn`t waste a lot of electricity if you don`t have a huge mining farm. Comparing with banks it uses a very very little percent of electricity 

Asik miner spends much more electricity than is necessary for the needs of one person and this is calculated. Much well calculated on payback. 

As for mining, it uses a lot of electricity and also needs coolers that also work with electricity. This makes it expensive in some countries, but in general it can be tolerated and benefit.

THINK POSITIVE

6 hours ago, kwistyan said:

Well it depends how you use crypto, it you're mining then you are wasting a lot of electricity and power because mining really needs electricity

If it is mining then it isn't right to say it is wasting electricity because mining is an economic venture that yields profit, so the ideal thing to say is that mining Bitcoin consumers a lot of electricity 

6 hours ago, aksagor said:

I dont think so. when you watch a movie your computer use electricity. when you play game your computer use also electric power. you getting entertainment and also losing power. but when you work for btc you cost low power then any entertainment option but you getting profit from it. Thank you.

Thats not right. The level of electricity power that a basic usage of pc consumes and mining btc consumes is way way different. Btc power consumption is way up buddy. Its true that if you do mine alot its a waste of power.

7 hours ago, Rashel said:

Looking at how mining works, Bitcoin does consume a lot of electricity. The income generated is also nor worth it. Just imagine if every house has -10 computers to mine Bitcoin. And it's spread all over the world.

7 hours ago, aksagor said:

I dont think so. when you watch a movie your computer use electricity. when you play game your computer use also electric power. you getting entertainment and also losing power. but when you work for btc you cost low power then any entertainment option but you getting profit from it. Thank you.

Not just that. I understand if you use free wifi, but usually you need to pay as for phone's internet as for those one you have at home, that's also cost. 

Add to that I can say that entertainment also brings money. Remind about such things as gambling and computer games with real prize. 

It depends on how much BTC you earn and what method you use to earn it. If you keep claiming small amount of Satoshi from faucets, you are almost wasting your time and electricity but if you learn to trade with bitcoin and make profit, the money you earn is much more than the money you pay for electricity. The same applies for mining. I think CPU mining is not worth it unless the mining power of your computer is high enough to compensate for it.

• +1 1

Well everything we need in our basic life needs electricity even things that only satisfies our self. I think bitcoin doesn't waste electricity that much.

There are a ton of other things that are more useless than bitcoin and are consuming a lot of e energy. This is just an excuse for haters to try and talk bad about cryptocurrencies

11 hours ago, Rashel said:

no man.. you are wrong cause when you on your computer for use then it take power and when you watch everything on youtube or download anything it take electricity and internet also but it doesn't pay you for this indeed it take your electricity and internet also but when you try to mine btc then it take your electricity and internet also they give you some percentage of there transaction fees and that's profitable,,  btc need electricity and internet but not so much like watch youtube or download any kind of entertainment things, mate.. 

Depends on the method you are using to earn bitcoin. Mining will be the most costly followed by faucets. Direct cloud mining could literally waste every penny if you can't afford the electricity. The miner itself, if you are using ASIC will be extremely costly and your bill will burst. 

Bitcoin mining indeed consume more electricity then other things but i think is possible to get free energy from sun with solar panel and other things, but now most of people consume more electricity than 50 years ago and things are on continue change. 

• +1 1