Lots of Thread/Topic Necromancers lately - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
kyoukage01

Lots of Thread/Topic Necromancers lately

Thread Necromancy = in forum lingo of the old days, is the act of attempting to revive a topic that is already old or answered by posting a new comment on it.

Since this forum is still relatively in its infancy, thread necromancy here in itself is not bad in most cases. Things will look bad though if the topics that are raised from the dead are of the 'Q and A' type where the correct answer is being rehashed repetitively in an endless cycle, and so those topics of the 'discussion' and 'personal open-ended question' types are safer and more legitimate to be raised.

But come on, isn't there any way we can be more creative enough for making more useful topics? And can't we just do things like having an actual discussion on a topic, no matter how old it is, rather than posting a single comment on it and being done with it, like most '1000-sat moneychasers' we've been noticing have been doing all along?

As of yet, there is no official rule stating that reviving old topics is prohibited (there is even a special rule allowing one to 'bump' old topics) but that doesn't mean that one should have the bright idea of reviving old topics just by spamming on it and allowing others to do the same, forcing the mods to lock an otherwise good old topic. We should do better by posting content that will refresh the topic with new information in one way or the other.

Spoiler

BTW, this topic is somehow related to this thread

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/19003-scaring-off-topic-creatorsauthors/

that is, unfortunately, was immediately closed by mod.

I have noticed many thing in this forum but i will talk about two. Users have been avoiding creating topics and second Users have been avoiding replying to new topics.

For the first notice, the reason i could think of is that, many topics has been deleted, some even good and original topics, so users are afraid of losing their energy creating new content because they have no idea what to write that will not be deleted, so the safety way for them is to avoid creating topics.

For the second notice, it's the same reason, users does not want to reply to new topics they way to see if topic will be deleted or not and then only then they could join in the discussion.

I have seen one of the users complaining his/her topics been deleted and he claims that they were good topics.

I'm not here to criticize the officials work, I'm one of the users who wishes this forum grows great.

One of the officials should come drop here and clarify or ease the minds of the users, so they do not avoid creating topics.

Edited by kyoukage01
major update on topic's content
  • Useful or interesting 6
  • +1 5
  • +2 1
  • +3 2
  • +4 2
  • +5 1

New to the Cryptotalk forum? Here's something that might help you get started:

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

1 hour ago, Anonylz said:

Is it Necromancy or Necrobumping?😎 

So this is what they call it on bitcointalk? I've been doing online forums for so long now, and "necromancy" is what we old timers would usually call it.

1 hour ago, Anonylz said:

There was a thread I stumbled across, the thread owner was asking where to check his/her reward,  and 2 among the multiple replies already gave an explanation where to find it, but to this day people still posting same replies over and over again,  that thread was created October 12th, and such topics only have one direct reply,  there is no need to keep the thread open,  the user in question is now a jr member still thread is not lock, I think the mods need more hands on this forum. 

Right? If posting on an old topic with opposite feedback or comments that are not yet discussed, it is not much of a problem, in fact, it helps in keeping that topic fresh with new discussion about that comment raised. But if someone were to post on a thread whose purpose (e.g. a question topic) has already been fulfilled, and that post only rehashed the previous comments, then duh.

1 hour ago, helloworld said:

Please report the topic/post if you find such one.

If the forum account is one who, in a strict sense, did not violate any rules, that account is not liable to report. Still, as I say:

2 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

isn't there any more way we can be more creative enough

Edited by kyoukage01

https://cryptotalk.org/topic/24401-forum-tutorials-tips-and-tricks-for-newbies-compilation/

The majority resort to this in order to gain in a quick and non-tired manner and therefore they short and quick response and do not think that is prohibited in the rules and laws as long as it remains in the context

• +1 1

Life is great and enjoy it

3 hours ago, So Rio said:

Uh well most of the people are here to make some money and they're always in search for shortcuts! Necromancy is the only way to make some comments in short time and they are pretty much  doing it! However i dont know if it goes against the rule or not! Please let me know if it is!

Somebody raised this thread from the grave!! Nah, that's cool, as this thread was made almost only a couple of weeks ago.

Thread necromancy by itself does not break forum rules, at least for now. So rest easy if you don't break any.

The reason I made this thread was because at the time this was made, there were barely any new topics made and most of those posts raised from the dead were just made by spammers and copy/paste bots who copied some lines from the first few pages. Posting new content that will refresh the topic? Cool. Shitposting and copy/pasting? Not cool.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1

On 11/6/2019 at 6:45 PM, kyoukage01 said:

Thread Necromancy = in forum lingo, is the act of attempting to revive a topic that is already old or answered.

Since this forum is still relatively in its infancy, thread necromancy here in itself is not bad in most cases. But come on, isn't there any more way we can be more creative enough for making more useful topics?

Indeed yes,

in the past days, i saw useless and spamming topic and comments even non-english topics and comments, the worst thing happen is that duplicate topics and comments have proliferate recently.

• +1 2

This thread has been necro'ed twice now 😄 .

2 hours ago, maricans said:

in the past days, i saw useless and spamming topic and comments even non-english topics and comments, the worst thing happen is that duplicate topics and comments have proliferate recently.

There were plenty of those shit threads I helped shot down dead since the start of December. I lost count of how many. It makes posting on old threads look like the "lesser evil", so to speak. So if I were to choose to posting between an old thread and a newer but duplicated (and possibly shitty) thread, I'd rather revive the old thread instead.

43 minutes ago, Yawar said:

Well you can't believe them to create a topic already posted here. Because either they are buried deep down in the forum. This is going to continue until they provide a similar post detector or something like that.

Indeed yes,

that there are some people who don't even bother to read, search or even listen, they just concentrate on there own personal agenda with out considering the rules and regulation, they just ask and ask with out analysing

• +1 1

Maybe they don't have idea to post, everything blank because loss or stuck. We can remain them by writing comment in their necromancy post or report into admin. Which one work will be good for clean forum.

8 hours ago, Awaremooner said:

Necromancy might be someone bringing a new insight to a supposedly closed topic for further insight. If your attempt to revive a topic is seen as spamming, the moderators will delete the comments. 

People are scared of creating new topics because of ways the admin here deletes topic with no reason whatsoever

"someone bringing a new insight" This one I agree with. The problem with this though is that that "insightful" comment is ignored, as some users tend to read just the starting post/page and post another "yes yes" comment. When this happens the savage cycle of that thread getting spammed with useless comments continues, and the mods might have the bright idea to step in. Oh, I think it has happened already. Quite a lot of old but useful posts deleted now 😞 .

Edited by kyoukage01

I would suggest to immediately report that topic if you find one. cause many spammers come to this forum page just to spam here and they copy paste other posts and post them repeatedly. Which is really bad. So the best way to remove them would be to report their posts! 

On 11/17/2019 at 9:13 AM, So Rio said:

Uh well most of the people are here to make some money and they're always in search for shortcuts! Necromancy is the only way to make some comments in short time and they are pretty much  doing it! However i dont know if it goes against the rule or not! Please let me know if it is!

Well it is an unwritten standard of the Forums, which should not be done, sometimes it falls out of ignorance of the norm not formally written or because we simply want to respond. But I assure you that here they do not let it pass and your post although  useful can be penalized and not enter into the post useful count so the gap between "next payments" and "current number" can be widened.

So with knowledge or not , your OP is very timely, thanks for information.

• +1 1

Let's make community ... It's easy👍

Create-New-Topic-Learn-How-to-Avoid-Repeat-Topic .

Don't Forget Your Topics                                                     

On 11/6/2019 at 1:45 PM, kyoukage01 said:

Thread Necromancy = in forum lingo, is the act of attempting to revive a topic that is already old or answered.

Since this forum is still relatively in its infancy, thread necromancy here in itself is not bad in most cases. But come on, isn't there any more way we can be more creative enough for making more useful topics?

Believe it or not, my dear, you put your hand on the exact place of pain, this is what is happening to me completely, many of my topics and my responses have been deleted so I became afraid to write a new topic and get tired in it so that it is not deleted after that without a clear reason, as well as the responses to New posts Nobody guarantees that they will not be deleted. So, I found the best way to try out old topics.

Reasons why this happens is because first, some members are lazy enough to use the search box and check if the topic they wanted to create was already raised before or not yet. Second, like what other members here said, reasons why they raise topics similar to the ones posted before is, maybe they are not contented/satisfied with the information they have read from those previous one and they want to know more but instead of raising more questions on it, they will create their own thread. There are some too who do not wanna read all comments provided specially if there is already a lot. And, some, as what others say, are just spammers. Raising same type of topics just editing a little so it will be considered new one and they can get paid for it. While others, wether we like it or not, simply do it to see who raised the topic better and gets more audience via comments and reactions received.

• +1 1

Claim daily free coins and do more tasks to earn faster, https://www.thecryptofaucet.com/?r=17218

claim free ZEN every 20 hours, https://getzen.cash/auth/register?ref=152571

join me in this wonderful gambling site and win daily, https://windice.io/?r=k31fsc092

if it's included, don't be surprised if it's an old topic but it's still being discussed and it often happens at bitcointalk. and you need to know, topics related to gambling will definitely continue, instead of creating a new topic.

• +1 1

On 1/24/2020 at 2:01 PM, Crypto123 said:

Believe it or not, my dear, you put your hand on the exact place of pain, this is what is happening to me completely, many of my topics and my responses have been deleted so I became afraid to write a new topic and get tired in it so that it is not deleted after that without a clear reason, as well as the responses to New posts Nobody guarantees that they will not be deleted. So, I found the best way to try out old topics.

Hah, even this very thread has been raised from the dead oh so many times already. I don't mind though, as long as nobody is shitposting nonsense in it.

And every prospective thread necromancers should post new content too, preferably something that is from a different perspective, rather than just a "BUMP" or even a "yes I agree" kind of low-quality post. It will only make that necromancer look bad otherwise.

On 1/25/2020 at 5:10 AM, mowmowshanti said:

Reasons why this happens is because first, some members are lazy enough to use the search box and check if the topic they wanted to create was already raised before or not yet. Second, like what other members here said, reasons why they raise topics similar to the ones posted before is, maybe they are not contented/satisfied with the information they have read from those previous one and they want to know more but instead of raising more questions on it, they will create their own thread. There are some too who do not wanna read all comments provided specially if there is already a lot. And, some, as what others say, are just spammers. Raising same type of topics just editing a little so it will be considered new one and they can get paid for it. While others, wether we like it or not, simply do it to see who raised the topic better and gets more audience via comments and reactions received.

Sorry, I ran out of 'likes' to give for today. This post would have deserved it. Maybe some other day when my 'allowance' has recharged. Done.

... ... ...

Here's my additional insight for reviving this thread.

The mods ultimately have the final call.

We have threads now where users are complaining that their post counts are being reduced.

Sometimes this is due to older threads being deleted. There may be cases where the old threads get deleted due to too many spammers. We might have a fewer and fewer list of threads for some to revive as the time goes by. Maybe this would be the right time by then to create another new topic, if necessity requires it.

So...

If the newer topics get deleted because there are older ones that already exists, so be it.

If an older topic gets deleted, and somebody decides to revive that topic by creating a new thread, so be it.

... ... ...

Everyone, just remember what the mods have always (de facto) been telling us this whole time.

"ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES."

There is still no rule implemented that you can't revive old topics, so as long as you stick to the forum rules and guidelines, go ahead and post. Enjoy.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +3 1

16 hours ago, kyoukage01 said:

ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FORUM RULES."

There is still no rule implemented that you can't revive old topics, so as long as you stick to the forum rules and guidelines, go ahead and post. Enjoy.

Yes, thank you, you already have a distinguished view on this topic and you have known some of the weaknesses in this forum and I hope the administration will take your view of this to solve a big problem that many suffer from here in the forum. I also feel that it is okay to revive old posts as long as this does not violate the rules of the forum. Thanks again.

Here two kind of people comes, 1. Those who want to earn from this site 2.those who love this forum and giving their brain on this platform.  Some of them from the first phrase wants to be rich in midnight,  and they look for shortcut,  thats why they are involving in crime.

My suggest are lets we tried to Check the forum database which may have similarities or similarities with the topic of discussion to begin.  You can use the Search column at the top of the website to do a search. And by now more carefully to made post if we all really want this forum last long.

• +1 1

I think some old topics will get revive if another new discovered information added there by the users if that new information is related to that old topics. We should update the information to those old topics if necessary. 

• +1 1

On 11/6/2019 at 12:45 PM, kyoukage01 said:

And these megathreads will active many years from now just like in bitcointalk if there's no measures taken.

Maybe closing the topic should be incentified somehow when the answers arent relevant anymore, after some time has passed. Or maybe people shouldn't be paid to write to megathreads.

8 hours ago, Thefighter said:

I think the moderators are the only solution to this problem. There are dozens of threads with more than 20-30 pages. This kind of threads should be closed in order for people to create new ones that are better

8 hours ago, rekter said:

And these megathreads will active many years from now just like in bitcointalk if there's no measures taken.

Maybe closing the topic should be incentified somehow when the answers arent relevant anymore, after some time has passed. Or maybe people shouldn't be paid to write to megathreads.

Nah, I think those suggestions ain't going to happen anytime soon. Just take a look at the Russian section, there are old threads there that have already reached more than 50 or even 100 pages, and I think I saw some mods replying on some of those.

Remember that this forum is still relatively new, and technically there aren't any threads that can be classified as "very old" except for the 'news' and 'prediction' threads most definitely. Perhaps if this forum reaches its 1st anniversary, maybe those suggestions might be considered.

Edited by kyoukage01
  • +1 1