Using secondary mails - Page 5 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
Keith700

Using secondary mails

We must certainly use several important tips in order to fully protect ourselves from fraudsters who try to defraud our money and our accounts and steal our data

• Useful or interesting 1

you are right, for me i'm using two other mails for working in crypto like exchange platforms and faucets, and the first mail stay always Professional,

always use secondary email to new websites because many scam sites available in market. You can use your secondary mails to joining in cryptocurrency projects.using a secondary email is very safe for being scammed

4 hours ago, Ndayebo8 said:

always use secondary email to new websites because many scam sites available in market. You can use your secondary mails to joining in cryptocurrency projects.using a secondary email is very safe for being scammed

Not only that some of the sites may flood your email by sending unnecessary news and alerts which can hide you important emails. So, using secondary site is very useful to manage your email.

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

Yes there should be. And I always recommend that use secondary mails for the official or online work. Personal should not be used 

• +1 1

Of course this is something every sane person would do and we wouldn't apply with emails containing private information in websites that we don't know what they are. We need less problems and more security so we need to have secondary email.

Thanks for the information, we can have many emails but it is better to use one for business reasons and another one for other reasons that we don't want them to be included in our main email. I understand that and it can be important for all as emails can get hacked too. Also use a difficult password and not something simple.

• +1 1

To avoid spam messages in email, use a backup email or a second email that we have, and anticipate crypto theft by using email. Some bounty and airdrop campaigns need to use email, to maintain data security we should use email backups. This effort is carried out in anticipation of all matters relating to security.

• +1 1

Secondary mails are not the good idea becasue that emails are just fake and that will work just for the 2 to 3 hours and after that emails will be finished. Crypto is a great market and in this market we need to use the real and best mails.

BetFury                                                   

Very good advice and I think that most people already know about this but it is important for beginners to know how to protect their privacy and increate the security when using the internet by not using emails that are important and have a secondary one for anything that is not so important and not has to do with banks or governments or even the school.

• +2 1

You will still need to know that even your main email is not safe and it can be hacked, so it is always better to use 2fa with your email too. 2FA helps you with high security and will not allow anyone to unlock your email and create problems toyou.

• +2 1

There are a lot of scammers in crypto. If you use your personal mail they can access your personal accounts associated with that email through crypto site. And that will be a real threat to your private files

BetFury                                                   

On 11/4/2019 at 4:27 AM, Keith700 said:

Be smart and always step forward, use a secondary email to avoid a bad afternoon.

Thank you a lot my dear @Keith700 you are always very advice and friendly and give good thoughts come from your heart and I am like this and you have helped a lot when beginner to avoid any mistakes we are make. I think that you were right and the use of a second email is what we must.

• +2 1

The danger is very high if you are using only one email for everything. We need priorities and use one email perhaps the one we created with our name and use this for serious things and use another email for registrations, games and other things that are not very serious. But I don't think we should use the same email for many registrations. Better be safe and use different.

• +2 1

The use of different emails for exchanges is important. Emails can get hacked and they are just then very easy to change the password. 2fa is also important to counter the hack of emails.

• +1 1

Good idea to use different emails and you have done great to tell us friend. I have found recently protonmail and I made a secondary email, maybe I will start using this service instead of google that actually sucks a lot lately.

• +1 1

In have used my main email few times for Air drops and bounties. But later I get some spamming mails, then I realise my mistake. Now I use my secondary mail who is double protected with strong password, mobile attachment and 2FA protection. In crypto  always take extra measures to protect your account from hacking. 

• +2 1

Of course this is common sense, you don't use your main email anywhere else except for important stuff. What you are saying is true but of course probably many don't understand it as they don't understand the importance of online security.

Thank you very much my best forum friend @Keith700 you have amazing ideas and I will follow your example. I will think about it and I will create another email and not have everything mixed in one of them since you are right the spam has been increased and there are also many phising mails that appeared all of the sudden.

• +3 1

Instead  of using new email for each new site you should have one personal and one professional email adress so use the professional email for all of the sites.

This doesn't mean you can visit and register anywhere. There is still need to protect you systems and follow logic and don't just click on phising links or download anything you find. No matter the mail you can still get infected by malware.

I also use a secondary email, this email functions as an email for registering several campaigns and Airdrops, and when registering on the exchange using a different email, for security reasons that it is not easily hacked. I think this is a good idea and can be applied by members here.

• +2 1

I agree to put secondary emails to have more security in any site and that they do not scam you and never give data from your wallet.

What I do is done by many in this forum to create accounts specifically for the purposes that you will make, for example, one for airdrops, one for faucets, one for each HIYP project that I would like to enter and others since as most of the personal information is important and we must move away If possible the possible hacks, before using temporary emails that happened to me that on one occasion I got into an airdrop thinking that I would have no future and ended up losing about $ 400, so there I leave my experience.