Stop-loss or no stop-loss - Page 3 - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
kobi

Stop-loss or no stop-loss

On 11/16/2019 at 1:57 PM, Hanhassie said:

You don't need to use stop loss but it is an important part feature, when you trust yourself you will not have to worry about stop loss because you will have confidence on what you are trading

even you trust in yourself , even if you are 100 / 100 sure that the trade with hit the target , you cant trust the market , especialy crypto market 😉 

Just now, lodevens said:

stop lose is for short trading like day trading not for holders

Right to say in the short term of trading is very important to stop loss because they selling their coin in down market and holder are selling just in pump market.

Yes you are very right in saying that stop loss is annoying and frustrating for the traders. But they are mandatory if you like to trade with discipline. so it is good practice to use Stop loss during trading.

5 hours ago, Hanhassie said:

You can't trust the market that is actually true, when you truat the market that is when you will see that the market is changing direction

yes i had a terrible experiance  in trading , i entre a trade without using stop lose and it was my biggest lost in trading , near 500 $ 😞 😞 

6 hours ago, jore1 said:

It should always cause intermittent losses. Sometimes in my damaging loss, I lost my business and the price went up, but in other cases, it also helped me avoid a lot of money. It's best to keep the recorder where you store your medicines, and you'll see how things change. If your investment continues to suffer, you should continue to do so. It's up to you, you can also reduce losses and invest in other currencies.

yes of course , even if it annoying but for me stop loss is a neccesary option on trading and every pro trader must use it in his trades , what  do you think ?

7 hours ago, Hanhassie said:

Sorry for your lost, you learnt a lesson along the way that you should always use money management when you want to trade

thanx mate , yes i was newbie in that moment i cared only about earning so fast , after that i didnt forgit the stop loss in any of my trades 

I don't think this is annoying . the price may go down any tim but it is not a loss. if you hold then the price will increase again. if you want to avoid loss you need to be patient in trading.

3 hours ago, Hanhassie said:

That is good of you, keep it up. You will learn as time goes by, wishikg you the best in all

thank you , we lost money and time but the most important things  we learned too much and thats why we are here to teach the next generation of traders , have a nice day 😉 

3 hours ago, Hanhassie said:

That is good of you, keep it up. You will learn as time goes by, wishikg you the best in all

thank you , we lost money and time but the most important things  we learned too much and thats why we are here to teach the next generation of traders , have a nice day 😉 

I always turn off this feature because because of it I once lost $ 100 on indefinite contracts, it is much easier to go and check what the price is now and already pick up the money when you want.

11 hours ago, Akbor said:

I don't think this is annoying . the price may go down any time but it is not a loss. if you hold then the price will increase again. if you want to avoid loss you need to be patient in trading.

You have a point but sometimes especially altcoins it takes years to recover the price so there is a possibility that you will hold for a long time without profit if you will not use the stop-loss feature.

• Useful or interesting 1

19 hours ago, xprince1996 said:

You have a point but sometimes especially altcoins it takes years to recover the price so there is a possibility that you will hold for a long time without profit if you will not use the stop-loss feature.

exactly , this mistake is happend to majority of the traders , they dont make reasearch about the coin that they are going to invest in , they think that all altcoins have the same season and same path , and this is wrong .

On 11/2/2019 at 3:20 PM, kobi said:

Setting stop lose most times in a position could be very annoying and frustrating when you come to discover that the price only went down enough to trigger your stop loss before mooning lol...

But stop loss is the best option when crypto is very volatile. Crypto is a very volatile market so you have to use stop loss.

12 minutes ago, iloveyobit said:

exactly , this mistake is happend to majority of the traders , they dont make reasearch about the coin that they are going to invest in , they think that all altcoins have the same season and same path , and this is wrong.

It was 100% wrong that's why the stop-loss feature is developed in order to protect the funds of traders from being a trap forever.

7 minutes ago, xprince1996 said:

It was 100% wrong that's why the stop-loss feature is developed in order to protect the funds of traders from being a trap forever.

yeah , exchanges know that almost all traders use there emotions in trading 😂 , so they created stop loss  , but i think yobit have to add this option if they want to make the level up more . 

On 12/1/2019 at 1:18 PM, Needyou said:

The stop misfortune ought to consistently be put on, once in a while contacting my stop misfortune removes me from the trade and the cost goes up, yet different occasions it has likewise spared me from losing a ton of money. It is ideal to put your entrance where you are going to put the stop misfortune and you will perceive how things change.

Cool advice, I mean putting your stop loss at your entrance point could limit the possibility of you being kicked out of the market before rising, and I think to do this one must be patient enough to enter the market at the right point.

if you bought some coins and you realize that its price is suddenly drop continously day by day, it's better to cut your loss. because i think the price will become worst if you still hold it. don't buy some coins when the price is still pumping. buy it when its price is stable in a few days.

23 hours ago, Shahadatbd said:

If you continue loss with your coin so much then you can hold for long time. Because what is the benefit if you sell in loss. So it will be better to hold many days.

Yes, I agree with you. We don't have to set stop-loss because if we are late in a second, we will get a loss and that is not advisable. I think you don't have to set it up, but you can hold it for some time, no matter if you see that the value of your coin is decreased, it is just for temporary because usually, the price will increase after the decrease. But it's up to you because we different strategy to apply in trading. Maybe you like to use stop-loss to prevent the big lose so you can wait for a while and you can buy bitcoin at the other low price.

The advantage of a stop-loss order is you don't have to monitor how crypto is performing daily. This convenience is especially handy when you are on vacation or in a situation that prevents you from watching your stocks for an extended period.

Take a small amount of your bitcoin and trade with no stop loss in case it goes up a lot. This is very risky though, but if you lose a small bit like 1% of your holdings it can be justified to risk. If you take the other 99% and put a stop loss you will never lose more than 1% on your trade and 1% of time it goes up higher you also get profit so the best of both worlds. This is what I am doing on yobit with ETH-BTC, and with a leverage trade of 10x on bitmex. I don't advise leverage trading unless you are very comfortable with risk, it is very random.

Hi guy! stop-lost is very important in trading to secure your money! I always use stop lost and take profit on trading! But it is important to know here to place my stop lose or my take profit! For me i use support and resistance level to do it safely! Thanks

Stop losses sometimes do not work. Probably the reason is sudden price changes. There is a way to counter this by leveraging more and using smaller amounts and no stop loss at all. You will get liquidated more but once you figure out the amounts you should be betting then you are safer than getting liquidated because stop loss didn't hit.

As for me, this feature is useful only if you sometimes do not have access to the Internet and you can not quickly delete your offer, it saved me many times, the meaning of it is not enough if you are constantly sitting on the exchanges and monitoring the price of their coins.

Both are goals for trading but how do we deal with both in order to minimize the risk of loss in trading crypto remain consistent with the trading system that we make and not greedy..thats my opinion

Всем привет как дела как что здесь делать как на русский перевести сайт 

Setting stop loss is useful to minimize your posible loss and it is also time saving coz you dont need to look at the market daily,however stop loss is a risky way,coz it also minimize your chance in getting more profit by holding your coin.