Is emotions completely unnecessary? - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
kobi

Is emotions completely unnecessary?

Most advice I get in this forum is that trading must be done completely void of emotions yet some emotions are necessary for our survival or is survival in trading different kind?

• Useful or interesting 1

Emotions will lead you to a quick failure, you must not use it and your mind uses it instead
So if you want to succeed and make a profit

THINK POSITIVE

1 hour ago, igglybuff said:

If you do not control your emotions, your emotions will control you so you are going to trade totally with greedy or fear, even if you had several winning trades but without any system of rules in the long run you would tend to have an inflated ego that would explode as a Balloon when you lose money.

Do you mean that emotions does not play any part at all when it comes to making sound decisions in trade, the greed and the fear factor profits us nothing?

In trading cryptocurrencies emotions is completely unnecessary they will cloud your judgement and make you make poor decisions while trading, i prefer to keep emotions out when I am trading and relied on my knowledge and skill.

I think you should learn to control your emotions, if not when doing trading you tend to think emotionally and not analytically, so if you want to trade you must work on learning concepts and working on your emotions.

Yeah trading with emotions is completely unnecessary on the cryptocurrency market it doesn't help you in any way and it will make you to uncomfortable on the market that will lead you to make bad trade decision and lose some of your invest.

Yes, in negotiation you must be a little cold really, after all, you can't put emotion in front of reason, for example: everyone speaks well of a certain project, but you sympathize with another, and this project is already disbelieving in the cryptographic environment , you will act as in this case, of course, for the project that is high and not the one you sympathize, more or less the way we should act, analysis, research and other factors are involved in negotiation, but feelings is the least of them.

On 11/2/2019 at 12:58 PM, igglybuff said:

If you do not control your emotions, your emotions will control you so you are going to trade totally with greedy or fear, even if you had several winning trades but without any system of rules in the long run you would tend to have an inflated ego that would explode as a Balloon when you lose money.

One of the major challenge I have been having concerning emotions in my trading is the excitement that comes like a flood when you just made a huge profit,how do you really control this?

On 11/2/2019 at 3:41 PM, TheChinaBan said:

We are all humans and as such emotions are really programmed into us. But when it comes to trading, we should not let emotions be the basis of our decision otherwise it can b chaotic and catastrophic, to say the least. Emotions are important to our lives but not in trading. When you are  not trading then you can go back being emotional.

I know few friends who are highly emotional, emotions had been the major driving force in their lives, now what kind of advice do I give such a person to help suppressed his emotions during trading sessions?

10 hours ago, flomopeter said:

In trading cryptocurrencies emotions is completely unnecessary they will cloud your judgement and make you make poor decisions while trading, i prefer to keep emotions out when I am trading and relied on my knowledge and skill.

Please can you share with us exactly how you do that, how you handle all the fear, all the greed, the anger the excitement, I mean all of that.I really want to know.

11 hours ago, kobi said:

One of the major challenge I have been having concerning emotions in my trading is the excitement that comes like a flood when you just made a huge profit,how do you really control this?

I know few friends who are highly emotional, emotions had been the major driving force in their lives, now what kind of advice do I give such a person to help suppressed his emotions during trading sessions?

Please can you share with us exactly how you do that, how you handle all the fear, all the greed, the anger the excitement, I mean all of that.I really want to know.

The best way to control your fear, greed is by trading simple trade coins that are very stable and coins that you will be able to make little with, find a constant trading habit that always make you profits and follow it always.

Emotions in the trade only interfere. For example, each trader has his own threshold, upon reaching which a person falls into euphoria and begins to consider himself invincible, and such a mood cannot but affect the quality of the thinking process. As soon as the trader is in a state of euphoria, he is in danger. Being in euphoria, experiencing excessive self-reliance on one’s own strength, it is impossible to calculate the risks, because euphoria makes one believe that nothing bad will happen. And if you are not afraid of the bad, the need for rules and restrictions of behavior disappears by itself.

pxf.jpg

On 11/2/2019 at 6:16 PM, setifien said:

Emotions should completely be excluded from trading, as they are the biggest cause of losing. 

Survival in trading can be achieved by a hard work : studying the market, analysing charts..

I think it is impossible to exclude emotion from trading. The right thing is to control emotions.

3 hours ago, IrinaLavrinova said:

Emotions in the trade only interfere. For example, each trader has his own threshold, upon reaching which a person falls into euphoria and begins to consider himself invincible, and such a mood cannot but affect the quality of the thinking process. As soon as the trader is in a state of euphoria, he is in danger. Being in euphoria, experiencing excessive self-reliance on one’s own strength, it is impossible to calculate the risks, because euphoria makes one believe that nothing bad will happen. And if you are not afraid of the bad, the need for rules and restrictions of behavior disappears by itself.

So true, I discovered that I step into this euphoria zone shortly after I make a major profit, and whatever position I take under this condition turns out bad, so I decided never to make an entry when I had just taken profit.

in trading, we are not allowed to carry emotions, if people are too emotional when trading, of course the analysis will be chaotic, usually this is experienced when we are losing in a row, preferably when we are emotional, we get fresh air and drink coffee before start trading again.

Trade what you see, not what you expect 
#ProphetInvestor

3 hours ago, Mrpassion said:

Which type of survival are you talking about in trading? I got confused on that. Emotion is not necessary but sometimes it makes us to still stay in the market.

By survival in trading I mean the skill or ability to make profitable decisions in a volatile market conditions like cryptocurrencies. simply gaining and not losing.

Conducting our cryptocurrency trading must be free of emotions and greed, trading requires a calm and patient state of mind. Emotion will only make the mind confused and make mistakes that cause harm

Yes you are right. Alot of people tell you that you should have no emotions at all when trading, but is that even possible? Aren't we all humans in here? how can one human be completely void of emotions. 

I guess people have different approach to how emotions can be seen. if you are able to make trading decisions with what some will call clear mind, is that emotionless? or is there some emotions to even Making the decision to invest in the market.

I think there is always emotions to how ever you react to anything but the level at which you display it is the concern. You shouldn't let greed set in when you make profits and don't hasten to make back the investment you just lost, that you controlling your emotions.

Earn free Ethereum every 1 Hour

https://free-ethereum.io/?referer=243721

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:06 AM, kobi said:

Most advice I get in this forum is that trading must be done completely void of emotions yet some emotions are necessary for our survival or is survival in trading different kind?

That is true you don't want to get too emotional when trading because it can lead to risky buys/sells. You want to keep your emotions in check, so you don't end up with junk coins.

Most of the people on this site haven't traded with large sums of money. It's a totally different feeling when you lose thousands of dollars because you didn't pay attention if the stock was red or green. 

On 11/2/2019 at 6:06 AM, kobi said:

It is necessary to some extent to crash and make mistakes, but after a while they will not be necessary or necessary, it is a learning process we must keep the lessons that emotions give us their virtues and weaknesses, for trading you need very cold and consistency not decisions to feel good.

Nope, emotions is important. But sometimes if you don't control your emotion, your strong emotions may lead you to a bad thing. Or decisions that you don't really want. So for me emotions is necessary but you need to know how to control it. 

On 02.11.2019 at 14:06, kobi said:

Of course different. When trading is worth watching the market but do not panic. For example if you bought BTC at 9K and the price fell to 8700 you should not immediately sell Bitcoins such fluctuations are characteristic and in a day the price can grow to 9300. When trading, you need endurance and patience.

On 11/2/2019 at 5:06 PM, kobi said:

Maybe what they mean is to control emotions. From what I know greedy emotions are a major problem in the smooth operation of trading strategies. That does not mean emotions are not needed, in trading we must maintain the mood through feelings of pleasure so that trading is not too stressful.