Hide Topics Suggestion? - About Forum - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Hide Topics Suggestion?

I would like see the option to hide specific Topics in forum.

There are a lot of boring duplicate topics, and I cant read anything normal because of that.

Can we have some +/- option for Topics?

• Useful or interesting 16
  • -3 1
  • -1 1
  • +1 14
  • +2 8
  • +3 5
  • +4 1
  • +5 1

The forum is really filled with spams and this is the time when they need us the most. We will need to help them to clean this forum.

I am thinking to have a forum cleaning team where we will join and distribute works towards us and keep reporting.

I will make a topic soon about it.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • -1 1
  • +1 6
  • +2 2
  • +3 1

10 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

The forum is really filled with spams and this is the time when they need us the most. We will need to help them to clean this forum.

I am thinking to have a forum cleaning team where we will join and distribute works towards us and keep reporting.

I will make a topic soon about it.

I was thinking the same thing.

It is so hard for me to navigate, and I have no motivation to write or maintain some of my topics.

I created suggestion topic here:

Edited by hexwin
  • +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +5 1

yes im totally agree with you and  i will be happy if this happend , last time topics are too much and i cant see anything , this is become annyoying . 

• +1 3

There are many good suggestions that can benefit the forum and this feature that you said about it will certainly be good and I hope we will see more good things and improvement in this forum.

3 hours ago, hexwin said:

There are a lot of boring duplicate topics, and I cant read anything normal because of that.

It is a nice option, it is like a collapse button,

who knows Admin might be consider it in the future, lets wait and see for further updates in this forum

• -1 1
  • +1 2

4 hours ago, Saladdin said:

That's is really necessary for now. We have to see a single post hundreds of times because of new comment. This is really irritating. So I think hide option will develop the situation

Ok you are right but i think if we hide it then how will people learn about the topics we have talked before ? I think that would be bad idea.People should write their posts...

• +1 1
  • +2 2

The forum is about to evaluate slowly, after the end of the contest it is possible to re-read and see the duplicate messages and the boring posts as you think! but it may be for you not for everyone. But in reality you have to put things in order.

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 5
  • +3 2

1 minute ago, Nokuto said:

My recommendation is that to have an addition forum for those who has inquiries about other things and also reduced the repeated content.

What do you mean 'addition forum'?
We re talking about cryptotalk forum and anything related to crypto.
Everything else should be in Offtopic section.

Edited by hexwin
  • +1 3
  • +2 1

1 minute ago, KevinHD said:

I guess reports are enough for now. If it was a valid report, the moderators will either delete their topic or move it onto off-topic (which is the most common thing they currently doing). I guess the idea of archiving is better.

I want to hide it for myself, as I am not interested in some topics.
In same way I can hide Russian board with -
I want to hide just for me some sections and topics

• +1 4

6 hours ago, hexwin said:

I have seen that, you have created few topics and trying to draw the attention of the admin. Actually there are a lot of things needed to be add. As this site is new, admin needs more time to add them. I also appreciate what you ask for and support you. 

• +1 1
  • +2 3

[¶] I am working to educate street-childrens in my area. You can Donate for their educational materials: 

₿: 3JjY452XaoVfR6wFeZEp3htuj6TE3wq47z

ETH: 0x479eAf3d641819670526A001Fe667000d2F1b293

no there is no option to hide the topics suggestions this is very good option i like it wen i open a good topic which i lost most i get the suggestion related to it and i get the better knowledge from it

• +1 2
  • +2 1

I think that is available through the like button and dislike
If you choose not to like it is because the subject is a duplicate or something like that

• +1 3

Life is great and enjoy it

You can choose themes through the white and black cloud
If you find a duplicate topic, report it and it will be deleted by the moderator after consideration

To hide it, maybe you can use the features that are already available, which are no longer following or seeing posts and replies from users.

• +1 3

5 hours ago, So Rio said:

Well to do that admin will have to make more strict rules.

Also forum is filled with posts that has only little context in it! Nothing informative in them! No detailed post and hardly any designed post with BB Codes!

Some changes are really necessary here!! 

What is informative about your post? really, can you tell me or point out the informative part of your post? how helpful they have been to forum members? except from having a normal conversation like every other post in this forum, it is very easy to say this things when in reality you are no better than the majority here,

lets hear this great ideas of yours about the changes you think the admins needs to introduce to increase the standard of posting in this forum.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 1
  • +2 2
  • +4 1

👮‍♂️ 

On 11/2/2019 at 5:19 PM, hexwin said:

I somehow agree. There are many repetitive questions and topics all over this forum. Even though they are not similar in phrasing, they have this similar idea or thought they had in their minds but I don't think why create again? 

• +1 2
  • +2 1

I think that is a good idea to avoid spamming too. I am good with that. It could less more spammers in this forum because some people are copying there comment and paste it on some duplicate post. We can less it. 

• +1 1
  • +2 3

On 11/19/2019 at 2:21 PM, MohtasimEram said:

I think the forum page is gonna add this option soon to their forum. Even i get bored reading boring topics and i also want this feature to this forum page. Hope admins add this feature soon!

I think the admins are doing it right now because sometimes I can't access a post. The admins are hiding those duplicate and useless posts.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Correct especially the repetitive post and some other non-English post. I hope this feature will be accepted because this have a great impact to the user. But undo button can also applicable or a place where you can unhide some topic that accidentally hidden.

• +1 2
  • +2 2

This is a good decision to make an option to suggest about the topic. I think the admins are doing their best all the time to make the forum goo to all.

• +1 1
  • +3 1
  • +5 1

if one day there is a feature, the right to hide it must be the admin or moderator. for the time being we can only see topics that are locked and topics that are deleted because they don't fit the part, or topics that don't need to be replied to again so that it is locked (usually rules).

• +1 3
  • +3 2

What kind of topics are you trying to hide in this forum? If it is good for this forum then it is good to do so. However, if you open up about things that you are unhappy with, then we can understand that yes, it is true that many annoying things come to the fore. What kind of subtraction do you like?

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +2 3
  • +4 2

On 11/2/2019 at 5:19 PM, hexwin said:

The admin might consider it. Though the purpose is to hide, while the main objective should be to remove them completely.

What I think would be better is more moderators in the forum. Our moderator count is relatively low, considering that they regulate even the Russian section.

• +2 1