Is it even possible to make money with GPU mining right now? - Page 6 - Mining - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
1millionClub

Is it even possible to make money with GPU mining right now?

Pretty much. But it depends on the network. In april it wasn't profitable but now it is. You could easily repay the investment in about 12-15 month with current profitability. Check whattomine. A 400$ 1080ti profitability is about 1$/ day

• Useful or interesting 1

Not unless you are mining with the latest GPUs like the rtx 2060  or Radeon 5700 and your electricity costs are less than or around $0.05. Go check out the mining profitability calculators posted above.

Yes, I believe that mining on GPU power is more profitable than mining on CPU power, since there are special video cards that were created specifically for mining, and I believe that it will be more profitable to buy them than any strong processor for mining.

no. only few graphics cards are profitable to mine with. they will also run out in few months so we need to move to asic miners

I believe the markets will recover some time in the future and then things will be okay. With prices so low now, it will be difficult for most hobbyists to pursue any kind of profit.

On 9/28/2019 at 2:41 AM, hexwin said:

Profit with GPU mining is very very low at this point.

Take in the account that Ethereum will also switch to PoS, and Monero changing algo,

I am not sure what will people mine with GPU. 

You can check profits and calculate here: https://whattomine.com/

Thanks for the link. GPU mining is hard and we need good mining machines. Power consuptions will also be high for GPU mining. 

Together, these incentives create a logarithmic price regression ... If the price stays above this figure, at least some of the miners should be at a net profit. ... Ethereum mining has been, for a while, among the most profitable in the ... be profitable to take a moderate risk in mining, especially in GPU mining

i doubt gpu mining is any better than cpu mining,they are both not profitable and not a good choice if you want to make money from crypto

On 9/27/2019 at 2:12 PM, 1millionClub said:

Do you still mine? If yes are you on free electricity? What's the situation now? Would you recommend purchasing mining equipment to a newbie investor?

Good morning afternoon or evening. it is all of depend of the cryptocurrency that you want miner and of resources that you have.

Of course, GPU, the larger the area, the more excellent the mining and searching, so it is the best it can get to get a good profit in the shortest time.

On 9/27/2019 at 8:12 PM, 1millionClub said:

Do you still mine? If yes are you on free electricity? What's the situation now? Would you recommend purchasing mining equipment to a newbie investor?

The purchase of professional equipment is definitely not recommended for beginners. If you're starting out, I recommend mining Monero cryptocurrency.

• +2 1

On 9/27/2019 at 2:12 PM, 1millionClub said:

At this moment if it is profitable to mine with a friend GPU, the ETH difficulty has dropped and you can get some good coins, there are others that can be mined as well and they are giving good returns on your investment, and mining with PC has gone to the oblivion At the moment, the GPUs are still still, mining is becoming more difficult every day due to the number of new machines that are coming onto the market and the drop in the price of coins, but there is always something out there that leaves us with joy.

Not unless you are mining with the latest GPUs like the 1660TI or Radeon 5700 and your electricity costs are less than or around $0.05. Go check out the mining profitability calculators posted above.

• +1 2

Although, in May 2020, bitcoin halved, mining reward was reduced, but mining with Nvedia or AMD GPU still makes mining profitable, but the GPU needed now is more than 6, at least, I will recommend 8 GPU to get your own rig. 

• +2 1

People are mining with GUP, so with what I see, it is profitable to mine with GPU, if people ate not using it again then it is not profitable. Doing more research about it will help in knowing the best GPU to use because there are different types of GPU. 

• +1 1

@GanBin @Dipo34

It is true that depending on type of GPU mining ether is still profitable. But don't forget the most important factor in mining rewards: electricity costs. If your country has low electricity costs, you can make a good profit. But in my country, with 1 GTX1060, I would only make around 30 cents profit/day mining on nicehash

Yes, even now it is still possible to make money with you Graphics card by using it for mining cryptocurrency. But I should warn you that you might earn not enough to cover your cost for your electricity bill. It is because Bitcoin is a lot harder to mine right now, for halving just happened few months back.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

BetFury                                                   

🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹

Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                 

On 11/7/2020 at 6:05 PM, CrazyIvan said:

@GanBin @Dipo34

It is true that depending on type of GPU mining ether is still profitable. But don't forget the most important factor in mining rewards: electricity costs. If your country has low electricity costs, you can make a good profit. But in my country, with 1 GTX1060, I would only make around 30 cents profit/day mining on nicehash

Electricity is very important in mining, it really determines if the person mining will make profits. Also are cold weather, cold weather countries can always reduce the amount of electricity that will be used. 

• +2 1

1 hour ago, GanBin said:

Electricity is very important in mining, it really determines if the person mining will make profits. Also are cold weather, cold weather countries can always reduce the amount of electricity that will be used. 

Yes @GanBin is very important checking the mining cost. Still is profitable mining with GPU but is not profitable more than before. Before is easy and cheap also you can find a lot of block every day, now rarely to find a miner with high profit because of many factors include electricity cost.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

468x60.gif.2f5be3d8fc5caf83e400a2cd4d4ca105.gif

1 hour ago, tienda said:

Yes @GanBin is very important checking the mining cost. Still is profitable mining with GPU but is not profitable more than before. Before is easy and cheap also you can find a lot of block every day, now rarely to find a miner with high profit because of many factors include electricity cost.

Mining cost is very important but mining with GPU is still good, there ate many coins you can mine profitably with GPU bit you need more than 4 GPU to mine bitcoin in a profitable way now. If the electricity is cheap, you will still be able to make use of GPU. 

• +1 1

On 11/9/2020 at 9:51 AM, tienda said:

Yes, mining is not profitable like before, it is because maybe people are joining to mine, the more people join to mine the more the mining difficulties, that is why mining is now harder than before. 

• +2 1

10 hours ago, Yarazagh said:

Certainly
You can mine Bitcoin, Ethereum, and the rest of the extractable cryptocurrency. Maybe in the early months you didn't win much, but in the end you will gain a lot

Mining is not about the month you are mining, the amount of gain or profit depends on the miners you are using, if powerful miners are used and connected in grids, the more will be your earning or amount mined. Miners determine your reward or earning. 

• +2 1

On 11/11/2020 at 5:52 AM, Jandancoin said:

Mining is not about the month you are mining, the amount of gain or profit depends on the miners you are using, if powerful miners are used and connected in grids, the more will be your earning or amount mined. Miners determine your reward or earning. 

That js just it, like if someone is having powerful money like antminer S19, and have many like that, having cheap electricity, mining will not be a problem. Also by having cold weather will make electricity usage little. 

I you have adventurous soul , go for it , you never know what currency will rise up , who knew that Bitcoin will reach this far, take your chances, but if you are the kind of person who likes steady income stayaway ,it is not your domain. 

• +1 1