Would You Buy Crypto as a Christmas Gift? - Page 2 - Off Topic - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
williamz902

Would You Buy Crypto as a Christmas Gift?

hmmm i also thought of this question... last week since i have heard the countdown of christmas day while answering in this forum, i have considered myself to by crypto as a gift for my friend... however, i am not quite familiar in this... if time will come and i have gathered a lot of information regarding buying some crypto, i will surely gift that for my friend... 

• +4 1

No, I have never bought crypto for a friend, I bought crypto for me and my family, husband and children

• +2 1

i don't think so because they are too expensive, difficult to obtain and i think they wouldn't be appreciated as a gift, maybe i'll give them to myself (the crypto), to the others the usual things, scarves, gloves...

• +1 1
  • +4 1

I don't think anyone offers crypto as a gift during the winter holidays because Santa is not used to technology. I think, however, that suspense would not exist if someone received crypto as a gift. A gift should be palpable and found in a box.

16 minutes ago, wingfield said:

I don't think anyone offers crypto as a gift during the winter holidays because Santa is not used to technology. I think, however, that suspense would not exist if someone received crypto as a gift. A gift should be palpable and found in a box.

It depends a lot to whom you are offering that gift. Some people prefer to receive cash or gift cards as a gift instead of giving them an object because they can use the money to buy whatever they want 

21 hours ago, Rares002 said:

It depends a lot to whom you are offering that gift. Some people prefer to receive cash or gift cards as a gift instead of giving them an object because they can use the money to buy whatever they want 

That's right, I would never want to receive money during gifts. I prefer to receive a gift because I know if the person who gives me the gift really knows me or not. And if it comes to receiving crypto, I prefer 1 BTC.

On 11/1/2019 at 1:36 AM, starwill said:

I usually sell dogecoin and last Christmas I have allocated some coins to give to my relatives who show interest in this world of cryptocurrencies, I indicate that they can save them and expect them to grab more value or sell them if they like.

I see that can be an excellent  way to attract people to cryptocurrency and I am thinking of doing as much to some youths when I travel home for the holiday. On the contrary, I may buy tangible customized crypto gifts for my loved ones! 

• +4 1

if i have a friend that is interested in crypto, i would definitely gift it for them... though i only have one friend that knows about this... however i will just withdraw my payment or cashed out and buy them some gifts...

On 10/31/2019 at 10:52 PM, williamz902 said:

I've been wondering about this for a long time. Do people (you guys) buy crypto as a Christmas gift for friends or family, or would you ever consider it as a gift? Have you ever had a friend or family member ask for this as a gift for their birthday or for Christmas and do you think many people give crypto as a gift?

Yeah, i ever give my friends and my brother cryptocurrency as suprise Christmas give. They really like it. I made some wallet in myetherwallet and put some ETH in it. Also i even give some puzzles to my brother to get the private key of that wallet.

• +4 1

of course not, I don't give gifts at Christmas, because there are many other gifts that I can give to other people besides crypto, maybe when the people I give crypto gifts don't always understand what crypto is.

Unfortunately, no, because all my friends and relatives have no idea what cryptocurrency is, perhaps they will know when countries begin to take it for a currency but I think that we will not soon have it.

• +5 1

4 hours ago, benithomasha said:

Problem is many people are illiteracy about bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general, so they wont much appreciate such a gift. but i believe it's a good way into driving love once into the cryptoworld.

Even if most people don't know what bitcoin is we can offer it as a gift and teach them how to use it. This will be a great way to attract more users into the crypto world 

For me, its a no. i dont have that much of crypto to buy or to gift to someone for this xmas. Is too expensive to buy. I will sell some, this xmass season to buy things and gifts for my family. 

Well I have no job as of now, so I think nah. I'll just invest or trade it to keep and earn some profit to my wallet. Not being dependent to bitcoin but as we earn here, those giving gifts are optional to me. 

• +5 1

Yes I would buy cryptocurrency as a Christmas gift, some of my friends are really into cryptocurrency, they love it and will be very happy if I give them some bitcoin or Ethereum for Christmas. 

• +4 1

On 10/31/2019 at 4:52 PM, williamz902 said:

I've been wondering about this for a long time. Do people (you guys) buy crypto as a Christmas gift for friends or family, or would you ever consider it as a gift? Have you ever had a friend or family member ask for this as a gift for their birthday or for Christmas and do you think many people give crypto as a gift?

It would be a nice gift to those that knows and understands Crypto currency since you have to send it to their wallet once you let them know. I wouldn't mind it as a gift.

• +4 1

Earn free Ethereum every 1 Hour

https://free-ethereum.io/?referer=243721

Giving crypto to someone as a gift is totally fine but I think I cannot do that since I am new and not that good here . Also, most of my friends are not still familiar to it.

Yes I will buy crypto for christmas. Besides a new miner (ZigBit 2.0 Miner) I will buy some coins and make me a big present. I don't know which coins I wanna buý, depends on the prices.

Maybe, but for me i rather to sell my btc to buy a christmass present or gifts for them.. And i dont have enough btc to give a gift for them. I have only few only. So i want to earn more now so i can buy a present and gifs for this xmass holiday. 

nah i don’t think so. i will just withdraw it to real money and buy my friends and families some presents because they don’t even know what is crypto. and i’m pretty sure they are not interested with it. 

This is certainly a wonderful gift and it will be a really special gift because this is a new event in the world and unusual.This has already happened and I wrote in a previous post about a Turkish groom gave his bride 1 BTC on his wedding day.

I use crypto like regular currencies. so i cash my crypto when i need some money. if i feel that i need money for christmas, i will cash my crypto then.

• +5 1

Bengali?

View this Topic

i don’t have any friends that are interested in crypto. i think i might just withdraw it and use my payment to buy presents for my friends and families. 

On 10/31/2019 at 11:52 PM, williamz902 said:

I'm don't buy crypto as a gift this Christmas.But I thought of something to buy gift  for them with my cryptocurrency savings.I guess I have to sell them to buy something special.My family are having hard time on understanding the usage of crypto so I better convert it to fiat and go shopping.

• +4 1