Never be greedy - Trading - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
atect90

Never be greedy

While trading we have to follow few rules and without following those rules there is no way to be a successful one except a successful by chance. There are lots of rules of them greedy plays a vital role. While trading never be greedy. If you become greedy while trading then you can be assured that there is 90% possibility to be a lessor.

I think a more general rule that applies and covers this is: don't trade with your emotions. Emotions range from fear, to FOMO, to greed, to anxiousness, to rushing, to panicking. All of these will make you stumble every time.

Click to get free Crypto from the best faucets:
Bicoin, Ethereum, Monero, DogeBytecoin, Digibyte, Steem, Tron, Verge, Siacoin

Greed is not completely bad , it's just that you should know when you should apply it in your trade to make certain decisions and when you should not. Some said greed is a saver.

• Useful or interesting 1

Well said, Dont be greedy on trading i'm not and expert on trading but being greedy will harm you sooner or later, I always do short trading with a target of at least 200-300 satoshi / trade with a capital of 50,000 satoshi and per day with a target of getting a profit of 55,000 satoshi, even though it is small at least minimizes the risk caused by greed, we know that the crypto market is very violatile and certainly becomes greedy in This market is not the right choice

Very true. I've basically only lost money when I've been greedy. It usually happens in this way: First I see a perceived opportunity, which is based on sound TA. Then I overestimate the earning potential. Then I add too much money on the bet, and of course I've overestimated the whole thing. If I can avoid doing this, I keep earning steadily.

8 minutes ago, bitnoval said:

That is right being greedy on the crypto market will harm you sooner or later, come up with a trading method and then create a trading plan which will comprise of your target daily profits and how much you gonna trade with, this greatly minimize the risk associate with trading.

Yep, I'm thankful we can discuss this so newbies out there who are new to the world of cryptocurrency can make mature plans and at least after a few posts can understand that the crypto market is very violatile and being greedy is not a good choice.

53 minutes ago, bitnoval said:

Yeah newbies are always trying to make money in crypto too fast, this can most often lead them to trouble, I know many who invested in project that at the end were scams, the developers dump their coins on the market and left.

Indeed, token sale schemes like this are already very often encountered, Process token sale> Completed> Enter Exchange> Dump> Abandoned. This also applies to trading where whales play with prices (this statement does not apply if a bullish trend is happening), but being greedy is not bad, at least we learn from this.

Greed is what those pumping groups and telegram signal groups are feeding on because they give you shiny opportunity of making quick cash in 5 min, greed is why ico project successfully scammed everyone in 2017 and 2018 and still scaming people.

All the time the big loser in life is a greedy person,if you want more and more you will lose more this is the equation of life,in trading same think,make a little bit of profit and go out this my rule in trading,you will never lose like that way by experience

you are right
Greed may destroy you and make you lose your money instead of making a profit and this is because you were greedy and greed to make a bigger profit

In this market sure u need to take profits fast, but when the real alt season comes , u just need to hold and wait for 50x , i know lots of people who sold TRX way too fast, while the coin kept rising and did 100x in two months.

you are right dude , greedy is the first enemy of the trader , but this does not mean you have to out in the first up of your coin , trader have to  choose wisly the  right moment of geting out the market 😉 , good luck 

Greedy in trading I think are those who are not very good at trading and have no experience. Experienced traders know when to earn a profit if its coin is up. Greedy and inexperienced are waiting for more growth and as a result may fall

Being greedy is being emotional. Don't let your emotions to take the control over yourself. Sometimes our personal problems make us to take the wrong choices, like, you have a huge mortgage or debt and you need quick money to pay them or you want to get rich quickly. My reccomendation is to earn small daily profits until you get enough money to make a bit bigger investments and don't bet more that you can afford to lose!

I agree with you, trading is not a hobby, but the art of survival in the fight against oneself. It would be naive to open a pack of orange juice, hoping to pour wine into a glass. So do not be disappointed and upset for long. Likewise, it is foolish to expect to make a million in the market in a week. Such expectations will lead to nothing but disappointment.

pxf.jpg

Greed is not needed here and you need to calculate your strength; the more greed, the less strength. Besides greed in trading, I add patience. 

Yeah trading without greed is the best thing you can do for yourself, greed will always lead you to trouble on the crypto market, trading should be do with knowledge and patience, these two will make you a better trader.

Greed will make you lose a lot of money, if you lose it it will make you fearful and want to recover what you have lost, you will tell yourself that just one more trade to recover what you lost but you will end up losing more than that.

10 hours ago, KiritoKun said:

I agree with you in this because they life is just focus with money, no one will be really happy with money, everyone need profit that is why where here but we should control our self and always remember the reason why we here.

It is natural that we strive more but we should always know that our path is right or not.

Yes true we have to enjoy, the life is too short 

3 hours ago, inmaide said:

All the time That the big Failurе in lifе is a greedy pеrsоn,if you wаnt mоre аnd more you will lоsе morе this is thе equatiоn of life,in trаding sаmе Bеlievе,mаkе a littlе bit of profit аnd gо out this my Principlе in trаding,yоu will never lоsе likе This way by eхperienсe

If you have this mentality during the 2017 bull run you wouldn't even do 1x on your portfolio bro. Sometimes greed is good when its under control because it will make you make better profits. 

greedy is indeed one of the rules in trading, rules that must not be violated if you do not want to lose,
one way to suppress greed is to trade with mature management, because with clear management we will not be tempted with others, so greed never existed.

42 minutes ago, elisamf said:

Greedy will indeed make us lose in trading as an example we want profits of more than 100% of our capital, it is something that is very impossible, but it is not impossible, usually traders take profits up to 50% of their capital, but it is also rare , for fear that the market will fall again, wise traders usually profit a little but continuously.

Greedy is indeed dangerous for our investment. To avoid greed, I think we must always set profit targets. The market moves very quickly, without setting clear targets, prices that should be able to provide profits can turn around and make us lose

Greedy will make us big losses, because it is very necessary to be careful in reading market prices

When we become greedy in existing trading we will not get a profit. When trading we must be calm and not be affected by emotions. Usually people who are greedy are people who panic.