Can we teach about Crypto in school and university? - Page 2 - Crypto World - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
hexwin

Can we teach about Crypto in school and university?

1 hour ago, Yawar said:

I work at a school and I can't see us using any of these, they all seem to be attempting to fix a problem which we don't have, or causing problems which we don't want. So the idea of  Bitschool seems interesting.

In some of the other country trading is already a course to their college or university school I think. Now we ca freely do this to share our knowledge in the school I think, but for sure this will depend on the principal in charge if they will allow it or not.

Yes, you need to tell. But who will do it and how? It is necessary to develop teaching methods. It will take time. Crypto is constantly changing and learning will not keep pace with these changes.

• +2 1

11 hours ago, hexwin said:

Do you think it is good to teach kids in school about crypto and blockchain?

Or should we see education about crypto and blockchain in higher education?+

I think it would bring great change in next generations, as maybe people of today are not yet mature enough to accept idea of decentralization

I think even adults find it hard to understand how crypto works so its too early to teach kids about it but maybe in college when the teens start understand the value of money and it will teach them to make their own money.

• Useful or interesting 1

12 hours ago, hexwin said:

I think it would bring great change in next generations, as maybe people of today are not yet mature enough to accept idea of decentralization

Kids in school will have to start learning about digital money sooner or later. My kid was just learning about the euro coins and bills... same thing will need to happen concerning digital currencies... school programs will have to be reworked and teachers will have to learn it

As to deeper concepts like decentralization, economics, etc, this should be brought in higher levels of education, like high school, or college... there are already blockchain courses in several universities around the world

• +2 1
  • +3 1

If the government permit that why not! Schools are the best place to learn about cryptocurrency since it has populated by young people and i believe that young people are easy to understand the function purpose on the technology that embedded in cryptocurrency.

You must teach that on tertiary level as they are more aware on earning money and thus can avoid being scammed. Teaching the blockchain technology will them a broader view on glhow bitcoin starred and continue its legacy until the future. 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Imagine the lecture about Carlos Matos and Bitconnect while also showing that youtube video on a projector ! lol that would be awesome. Anyway that would be fun.

I think it's good that in schools and universities know and understand early about the digital world, because in the future the development of increasingly sophisticated technology, so they do not miss information about crypto

• +1 1

42 minutes ago, dentolas said:

Kids in school will have to start learning about digital money sooner or later. My kid was just learning about the euro coins and bills... same thing will need to happen concerning digital currencies... school programs will have to be reworked and teachers will have to learn it

As to deeper concepts like decentralization, economics, etc, this should be brought in higher levels of education, like high school, or college... there are already blockchain courses in several universities around the world

Yes I would agree with you.
Meanwhile we must educate kids ourselves. They can play fun games with us that teach them about crypto and why decentralization is so important. We can also teach them,but we need to learn first before that 😉

• +1 1
  • +4 1

12 minutes ago, hexwin said:

Yes I would agree with you.
Meanwhile we must educate kids ourselves. They can play fun games with us that teach them about crypto and why decentralization is so important. We can also teach them,but we need to learn first before that 😉

This is true, not only for crypto, but also for the global education... if we just trust schools to do it, kids will end up formated with their operating system... there is a very important component of education that we need to give them at home, especially learning how to think for themselves...

Teaching about coins, blockchain, decentralization and mining to a kid are also very nice challenges for a father 🙂

• +1 1

I think there must be needed an compulsory subject for cryptography in college or University level. But in school level it will be burden for the immatured students. But the basics of crypto industry can be teach in high school level. We also don't have any institutional knowledge on crypto industry. But we had to study on the basics which takes a lot of time. 

• +1 1

[¶] I am working to educate street-childrens in my area. You can Donate for their educational materials: 

₿: 3JjY452XaoVfR6wFeZEp3htuj6TE3wq47z

ETH: 0x479eAf3d641819670526A001Fe667000d2F1b293

14 hours ago, hexwin said:

I think we can teach about cryptocurrencies on economic subjects like that. Just for the kids to have some knowledge about them. I think it is much better if we let them experience having cryptocurrencies on their gadgets. But ofcourse, it takes time before they become mature enough to handle their own money. Teaching them will require too much time but in the end it will be worth it.

• +1 1

It's a good idea. Studying this information in schools will increase the level of financial education and consequently decrease the security incidents caused by not knowing these elements.

• +1 1

It's obviously a good idea and when crypto-currency much more adopted in general then It's very necessary to teach people about crypto and how it works. I think those fays are not far away         

i think that teaching crypto in every schools and universities can be beneficial and will have an advantage since students may have learned about it... the teachers can inform the students about the importance of decentralization... for sure some teachers are informed about the crypto market and crypto currency though the downside is some countries considered bitcoin illegal...

• +1 1
  • +2 1

In the future maybe, and if cryptocurrencies goes to very high level than today why not, teaching bitcoin world in school will bring some geniuses who can do better for this field. 

• +1 1

I think it should be in at least high school so people could know about it more.I think there should be a blockchain lesson and in that lesson students should learn about crypto coins too! 

This can be done as part of the subject of computer science in high school. It is corny a lesson to devote to the basics of cryptocurrencies, the history of their origin, the principles of work. This is an extension of horizons for children and benefits in the digital future. However, when it will be adopted at the state level, the big question.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

Получай 20% с комиссии торговли при Регистрирации на бирже Binance

꧁×-×-$-$-$-$-×-×꧂

| Beyond | -  заставляет тебя расти как криптана👀

Maybe just some basic on school like sending or receiving transaction Because I think of course it is still too early to teach children deeper (Maybe at least until junior high school) Probably the most appropriate way to teach blockchain at a higher level such as at universities in several college such as computer science. What did you think guys?

• +1 1

If you refer to a school, then it is good for teaching them, but for a university they need themselves to learn. We see here a lot of youngsters from colleges. I think if Bitcoin is regulated, then ,more universities will take it as a subject.

Sathoshi has entered in Oxford Dictionary so we need not to worry on these things.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

This has some of the most advanced countries they are testing into universities because the students are mature enough, and for the high schools, they are too young to come into contact with it.

DYNAMIC INTEREST RETURN

https://hodium.com/?ref=cnguchi

If we teach in schooll all kind of stupid thing they will never need, and we teach them also about money, I don't see why would teaching them about blockchain and crypto be any different.
Is it maybe because that will take power away from people in charge?

• +1 1

I'm sure most of the people using crypto currency actually don't know anything about how blockchain actually works, they just know how to use coins and do a transaction with it

learning about blockchain needs lots of knowledge in math and computer science and you can't just make everyone to learn about it

18 minutes ago, Mohs3n71 said:

I'm sure most of the people using crypto currency actually don't know anything about how blockchain actually works, they just know how to use coins and do a transaction with it

learning about blockchain needs lots of knowledge in math and computer science and you can't just make everyone to learn about it

You are correct 100%.
Most people don't know aynthing about crypto and blockchain, and maybe that is why we have such slow progress in this field. Kids learn about math and coding anyway, and if more of them learn about blockchain, I bet we will have super fast progress and much faster worldwide adoption.

• +1 1

20 hours ago, myaccount1 said:

It is very good idea if we teach about crypto currencies to our kids or in school because in this way the more people will gain knowledge about the crypto coins that how to earn money from crypto, so due to this the more people will enter in crypto market, and if its community will go to increase then there is no doubt that one day we will see crypto currencies in every where as a mean of payment

Yeah it is a currency for the future and our new generation have to get full knowledge of it to be able to use it in their financial system. 

Edited by Pegem