What to do if sent LTC to BTC Address (Yobit.net) - Page 14 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

What to do if sent LTC to BTC Address (Yobit.net)

Well, sending funds to the wrong address results in loss of funds, but as you are sending to an exchange, maybe there is something they could do.

You don't have to do thing by that, yobit have sent the transaction, and unfortunately contacting the support won't help in anything because They won't double your money.

6 hours ago, HanSerb said:

You transaction will not fail, I have tried it before recently, the bitcoin gone, which mean if you also send from litecoin to bitcoin, the transaction will not fail but the go through but you will not receive anything. Which means the coin will be lost. 

Miners may not include invalid transaction  to the block to verify. If they see transaction from Litecoin address they move your transaction not to include for the confirmation  & fund will lost or transaction  will  be cancelled. 

If you send your coin to any wrong address there  is no way you can get the money back, it is lost for ever and no one will be able to use it again,  so be careful  while sending  the payment. 

On 10/30/2019 at 8:19 AM, teminalibug said:

I accidentally send my LTC to a bitcoin address, what to do here? and now i'm confused i went to ltc block exploer and i saw my trasnaction showing commfirtmations, did i read it wrong? https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/address/3K58FRK6UTosR8CTEYnWKo7GW9E3G485Uy/

did i just lose my money?

will it be returned back to my account?

Is there anything I can?

Thanks in advance.

If you are lucky friend and the money would come to you it would be something like that the same amount in dollars in BTC would come to you in LTC but I never know it has happened to me

I think the crypto technology should be upgraded for that if someone need to send coins to a wrong address it to not be sending and giving error message unknown address. 

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

USUALLY it must tell you that the address this erroneous does not send the balance but in case and sent that balane is lost for lack of compatibility

4 hours ago, Elbaratonr said:

USUALLY it must tell you that the address this erroneous does not send the balance but in case and sent that balane is lost for lack of compatibility

Yes friend is that

I still don't know what will happen. Because i ever try to withdraw my LTC to BTC address, but my wallet will deny it automatic. So i never give wrong address after it. What wallet you use where allow all address to inputed.?

But i assume your coin will lose forever, because i always see many exchanges always give alert to double check your address before send any coin/token.

Please don't spam this forum!

Give me 💙 if my post helpful

Thank you.

I think those coins which are sending to a wrong address maybe hackers are dealing with those transactions because they cannot be confirmed I thought. 

• +2 1

Unfortunately there's nothing you will be able to do about such transactions.

You are just sending a virtual currency to a wrong address as for example sending postmail packages to a wrong address which will then either be return back to you or lost for ever since it was sent to an invalid place.

You should contact the support team for such cases and see that you will be able to restore your funds back.

• +3 1

The Best Auto Faucet with levels - Highest Paying:

https://firefaucet.win/

The Best Auto Faucets with no minimum withdraw amount to ExpressCrypto!

https://autofaucet.dutchycorp.space/ | https://autofaucet.org/   |   https://autoclaim.in/   |   https://autobitco.in/

On 11/9/2020 at 4:17 PM, guatazoo said:

I think the crypto technology should be upgraded for that if someone need to send coins to a wrong address it to not be sending and giving error message unknown address. 

I hpe thats in the future this must be upgraded because crypto technology is still growing day by day, and I hope that ethereum would be the first to implement that.

• +2 2

Trade on Binance future trading, spot trading, cross margin, P2P and fiat trading, also earn up to 40% referral commission, Direct Link

The yobit will return your money in the form of lite coin, if you have given the same address of Litecoin while sending it to your own Bitcoin address.And if you don't have receive your money just cotact to the yobit moderators and ask them to resolve your problem .

Sorry for what you experienced @teminalibug but normally exchanges regularly mention that if you send a crypto into another wallet type it's lost the same in sending litecoin (LTC) to Bitcoin (BTC) will be lost forever after the block chain confirmed the transactions because it's not available since both of them use different prefix bytes.

• +4 1

Such a transaction can't be returned or stopped. Roughly speaking, you will lose the funds sent and they will remain unclaimed in the network forever. Be careful when entering the address. Usually, such transactions often take place from desktop wallets. Most exchanges warn you about entering the wrong address.

To mistake happens many people and you will not be able to recover your LTC because a crypto exchange can not be recoverd.  I knows that if we send tokens to wrong adress these all tokens are burned can,t come back. So lose the hope and be careful while sending tokens.

You should go to support and contact with  team because this is so serious problem and many people face this problem just tell them clearly hope your problem will be solve 

It depends, if it is a custodial wallet or custodial exchange with you having no private key to the wallet, the litecoin is just gone. But if you have the private key with you, you will still be able to recover back your bitcoin or litecoin because the program used for litecoin and bitcoin is almost the same. But, the best is to never mistake the addresses. Sending to the correct address will safe coins not to be lost. 

Unfortunately it happened. I think you lost money and will not come back. But try to contact support for the platform, they may help you.Be more careful next times

If you send the coins to an incorrect address, you will not be able to recover them. This problem recurs with many members. The support team must find a solution for it. I advise you to speak to the Yobit support team and send them pictures of the transfer process. They may help you

Unfortunately, my friend, when you make a mistake with the address you send me to, you will surely lose your coins and waste your transaction in the network. So you have to be more careful and learn from your mistake and make sure of the address well before sending.

Oh sorry to say that but your litcoin is lost, if you send litecoin to other coins wallet address like bitcoin wallet address then there are no chance but to lost your litcoin, and yeah you may see the conformations but the coin is lost.

Dear friend, if you transferred the litecoin to a bitcoin address, my friend, I'm sorry but you lost them since in almost all interchange platforms they point it out to you very clearly that if you send to a different address it tells you that you will lose it
A big greeting to the whole community