What to do if sent LTC to BTC Address (Yobit.net) - Page 3 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

What to do if sent LTC to BTC Address (Yobit.net)

Just now, teminalibug said:

Oh! so the reverse is not done manually, it is done automatically right? I there anyway to do it manually?

I am really not 100% sure but from general knowledge I know that it can be done.

Even a confirmed tx can be reversed and this is why we see minimum 3 confirmation or 6 confirmation requirements. When a tx get confirmed then it's to expensive and hard that even with a 6 confirmation it does not worth to reverse a tx.

3 minutes ago, xBDT Script said:

I am really not 100% sure but from general knowledge I know that it can be done.

Even a confirmed tx can be reversed and this is why we see minimum 3 confirmation or 6 confirmation requirements. When a tx get confirmed then it's to expensive and hard that even with a 6 confirmation it does not worth to reverse a tx.

Oh! sop by that you mean, to reverse a transaction manually you need to pay for it and the more the confirmation the more expensive it is.

Just now, teminalibug said:

Oh! sop by that you mean, to reverse a transaction manually you need to pay for it and the more the confirmation the more expensive it is.

Well not paying for it but the resources will be needed to reverse a tx will cost a lot.

1 hour ago, xBDT Script said:

Well not paying for it but the resources will be needed to reverse a tx will cost a lot.

Ah okay and what are those resources/tools, where do i find them, or are you not very familiar with this?

Has the OP been over about this problem? I think your money will be lost because the private key is certainly different between Litecoin and Bitcoin even though the address is the same, Maybe there is someone more experienced here?

On 10/30/2019 at 6:19 PM, teminalibug said:

I accidentally send my LTC to a bitcoin address, what to do here? and now i'm confused i went to ltc block exploer and i saw my trasnaction showing commfirtmations, did i read it wrong? https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/address/3K58FRK6UTosR8CTEYnWKo7GW9E3G485Uy/

did i just lose my money?

will it be returned back to my account?

Is there anything I can?

Thanks in advance.

Whoops! What have you done bro! You should check the wallet address twice or thrice before sending any crypto. It's so sad that, you lost money and it cannot be return as you have sent to a wrong wallet address. Now it is flowing in the blockchain network. Also you have no option to do anything. Next time you should be more sincere. 

[¶] I am working to educate street-childrens in my area. You can Donate for their educational materials: 

₿: 3JjY452XaoVfR6wFeZEp3htuj6TE3wq47z

ETH: 0x479eAf3d641819670526A001Fe667000d2F1b293

Unfortunately it feel very sad to tell u that if u send your assets like litecoin u mentioned to wrong Address, they are lost forever and u will not get back your litecoin again as they have been lost to unsupported blockchain. And exchanges are also not responsible for this situation and they can't compensate your litecoin.so it's a Experience for u that next time be more careful and check thrice before inputting any Address.

On 10/30/2019 at 5:49 PM, teminalibug said:

I accidentally send my LTC to a bitcoin address, what to do here? and now i'm confused i went to ltc block exploer and i saw my trasnaction showing commfirtmations, did i read it wrong? https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/address/3K58FRK6UTosR8CTEYnWKo7GW9E3G485Uy/

did i just lose my money?

will it be returned back to my account?

Is there anything I can?

Thanks in advance.

if i am not wrong then i think you can do nothing, only yobit can do as they have the private keys for all wallets so they can reverse the transaction and send the coins to the correct coins wallet.

Check with help/support team.

I am sorry to tell you that you have lost your deposit and cannot be returned. I think that even the exchange can do nothing because the deposit is lost in the network and can not be retrieved by anyone I think. I always pay attention in most exchanges There is a warning that you deposit this coin only because the deposit of any other coin will lose this coin and this is not refundable.

Just now, jore1 said:

You can contact the exchange support but I think it will not be possible for you to get your LTC back because every transaction we have is responsible for them. The floor will not compensate for this.

Nope I don't think i will get my LTC back because if it already confirmed on another wallet address.

Just now, Solainstaller said:

if i am not wrong then i think you can do nothing, only yobit can do as they have the private keys for all wallets so they can reverse the transaction and send the coins to the correct coins wallet.

Check with help/support team.

How could it go back to their own one of the wallet addresses, I think it went to a hacker's password as the coints went to BTC address but they got confirmed in a LTC address, WHICH IS WEIRD.

The funds is likely lost already, because Yobit will never put themselves at risks by trying to help you recover such funds, and Yobit might not even be in possession of that address on the Litecoin blockchain.

20 hours ago, teminalibug said:

Nope I don't think i will get my LTC back because if it already confirmed on another wallet address.

How could it go back to their own one of the wallet addresses, I think it went to a hacker's password as the coints went to BTC address but they got confirmed in a LTC address, WHICH IS WEIRD.

Then in this case in your system some virus is their or the hacker is holding your desktop due to which what you sent it went to their LTC wallet address. As in the main thread you told that you sent LTC to BTC address and it got confirmed some time it happens but if you check with exchange authority then they can help you. But you are telling that the coins went to another LTC address, then you got hacked. 

By the way how did you got to know that it went to another LTC address and that is not the exchange address but it is another persons address. ?

Just now, Solainstaller said:

Then in this case in your system some virus is their or the hacker is holding your desktop due to which what you sent it went to their LTC wallet address. As in the main thread you told that you sent LTC to BTC address and it got confirmed some time it happens but if you check with exchange authority then they can help you. But you are telling that the coins went to another LTC address, then you got hacked. 

By the way how did you got to know that it went to another LTC address and that is not the exchange address but it is another persons address. ?

No mate, it was like this; i sent LTC to a BTC address that's a mistake i made, but then the coins went through and got delivered to an LTC address that's not mine.

22 hours ago, teminalibug said:

No mate, it was like this; i sent LTC to a BTC address that's a mistake i made, but then the coins went through and got delivered to an LTC address that's not mine.

But how can you confirm that it got transfered to LTC address because if you have sent to BTC address and it is not getting confirmed to that address and going to LTC then it is only happen if yobit does it. So it means that Yobit have transfered the LTC coins to his LTC wallet. So now you can contact their support team and get problem sorted out. Because without them no one can help you out.

3 hours ago, Solainstaller said:

But how can you confirm that it got transfered to LTC address because if you have sent to BTC address and it is not getting confirmed to that address and going to LTC then it is only happen if yobit does it. So it means that Yobit have transfered the LTC coins to his LTC wallet. So now you can contact their support team and get problem sorted out. Because without them no one can help you out.

I kinda gave up on that coins, but you have made a good point, that the LTC address might actually be of ypobit's. Let me go and contact them.

I am not sure about this but I don't think it is possible to recover your litecoin if you sent it to a bitcoin adress because they are two different coins. They do works on similar blockchain though so it might be a chance 

On 11/16/2019 at 9:15 PM, teminalibug said:

I kinda gave up on that coins, but you have made a good point, that the LTC address might actually be of ypobit's. Let me go and contact them.

So did you got any new update regarding your LTC coins from the yobit support. As i know that it will take very long time for you to get reply for your support. You can try to contact them on twitter. As i saw one of the admin is active on twitter who is helping the users to solve their problem. Hope that your problem also get solved.

From my experience in seeing these things happen to people in yobit. Unless it's real simple or someone is feeling generous. You will probably have lost your coin. Pretty crazy mistake to make though. My wallet would pick up on that and prompt me to change the address to an LTC one. 

7 hours ago, Solainstaller said:

So did you got any new update regarding your LTC coins from the yobit support. As i know that it will take very long time for you to get reply for your support. You can try to contact them on twitter. As i saw one of the admin is active on twitter who is helping the users to solve their problem. Hope that your problem also get solved.

I kinda did not get any response yet as you said. So I'm gonna follow your advice and try poking and admin on twitter. Thanks.

I looked into it and yeah it's pretty much your mistake and it's gone. There's not a lot they can do even if they were willing to spend the money and time to fix it. Write it down to experience my friend. Sorry. 

22 hours ago, teminalibug said:

I kinda did not get any response yet as you said. So I'm gonna follow your advice and try poking and admin on twitter. Thanks.

Your welcome Mate, I told this because i saw the admin giving response and messaging about if anyone having problem in withdrawing coins. He was helping them. So i thought your problem will also get any solution from him. Keep me updated about your problem progress. So that in future i can help others also about your solution.

• +1 1

11 hours ago, Josuagram said:

There is nothing more you can do to restore your LTC.  You must be able to accept the fact that you just lost your LTC.  Make this a lesson so you must be careful and more careful when making cryptocurrency withdrawals.

Yes my friend I have already accepted that fact and as i posted the incident, it should be a lesson to other users as well to be careful when making bitcoin transactions as there is no reverse.

12 hours ago, Solainstaller said:

Your welcome Mate, I told this because i saw the admin giving response and messaging about if anyone having problem in withdrawing coins. He was helping them. So i thought your problem will also get any solution from him. Keep me updated about your problem progress. So that in future i can help others also about your solution.

I'm more lookimg for an explanation how my LTC got delivered on an LTC address while i sent them accidentally to a BTC address. Did a post waiting for response.