What to do if sent LTC to BTC Address (Yobit.net) - Page 8 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

What to do if sent LTC to BTC Address (Yobit.net)

15 minutes ago, jukecom said:

Some individuals regularly stress approximately this after having a blockchain wallet, specifically tenderfoots. The number one step to change Bitcoin to a blockchain pockets is to enter your person Bitcoin account. The another step is to press 'Send Bitcoin'.

I'm confused and by doing that you will never have to send bitcoin or LTC to a wrong address??!!

9 hours ago, max2020 said:

Hello
The deposit and withdrawal address must be verified
I think it's hard because every coin has its own exploration system and blocks can ask the exchange support team
Good luck for you

Well the exploration system of LTC sucks, why and how did it pass btc addresses?

Unfortunately, I know yobit has a support department and will solve problems like this, please try to contact them. This will be an expensive lesson for you, be careful and double check

I think it gets lost, but this function of OP_RETURN, with a rough knowledge I think it would not go since its a bad address to even start sending it

Edited by Upright

As far as I know, you cannot bring it back. That is why before you copy the address they are giving you alert note that this code is for a certain coin only. Be careful next time as you cannot bring it back after sending it.

3 hours ago, Imran Ahammed said:

As you have been sent your ltc in wrong address than you has been lost it. There is no away to recover it buddy. you should Beawar before sent any money. as your are not concious you has been lost your money. Kindly beaware in future before sent money into any address.

Do not worry i will not repeat that mistake again, and i'm glad it was only about 0.001 BTC.

From the topic, I am afraid that you have automatically lose your coin. Because no exchange tolerate such mistake. However, you can still try your luck by writing to support if they can assist, but it is difficult.

5 hours ago, Dersence said:

If you make mistake sending crypto wrong wallet in yobit,I think you can not get back your crypto.You can also try to contact their support team

Open the link i shared you will realized that the transaction just got confirmed on mysterious address there is nothing i ca do.

You can talk to the support team but I think it will come back to you because it will not turn into something else, but my friend be careful in the upcoming times, and sometimes the topic does not facilitate the support team takes a long time to respon

On 10/30/2019 at 5:49 PM, teminalibug said:

I accidentally send my LTC to a bitcoin address, what to do here? and now i'm confused i went to ltc block exploer and i saw my trasnaction showing commfirtmations, did i read it wrong? https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/address/3K58FRK6UTosR8CTEYnWKo7GW9E3G485Uy/

did i just lose my money?

will it be returned back to my account?

Is there anything I can?

Thanks in advance.

Entering wrong address is the only mistake one can make and say goodbye to your LTC/BTC .. You lose your money by entering the wrong wallet address it's all because of your irresponsibility. It will not be returned back to your account and there is nothing you can do about it. Your LTC transferred will remain in blockchain. Until someone claims it other than the sender

2 hours ago, Sedy said:

Entering wrong address is the only mistake one can make and say goodbye to your LTC/BTC .. You lose your money by entering the wrong wallet address it's all because of your irresponsibility. It will not be returned back to your account and there is nothing you can do about it. Your LTC transferred will remain in blockchain. Until someone claims it other than the sender

Well, for situations like these makes us miss the banks right, but no way for me I still prefer crypto.

hope they will send it back or you can contract with live chat manager.they will help you to get that out.more often we can see many wallets alerts before sending currency because i will consider that as lost.so be careful of that

On 10/30/2019 at 8:19 PM, teminalibug said:

I accidentally send my LTC to a bitcoin address, what to do here? and now i'm confused i went to ltc block exploer and i saw my trasnaction showing commfirtmations, did i read it wrong? https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/address/3K58FRK6UTosR8CTEYnWKo7GW9E3G485Uy/

Is there anything I can?

Thanks in advance.

The answer is yes, you already lose your money. First and foremost it is a taboo in the crypto space to send one coin to a different coins address. There is no other way to retrieve your LTC and I suggest you should just move on and start earning again. Let this mistake be your lesson in the future to always check carefully the wallet address before you send.

JOIN US AND WIN BIG PRIZES FROM DIFFERENT GAMES!!!

https://www.bitsler.com/?ref=Mandoy

21 hours ago, Mandoy01 said:

The answer is yes, you already lose your money. First and foremost it is a taboo in the crypto space to send one coin to a different coins address. There is no other way to retrieve your LTC and I suggest you should just move on and start earning again. Let this mistake be your lesson in the future to always check carefully the wallet address before you send.

yes i moved on, thing i hate moist about this mistake is that, it is my second mistake in my crypto life, meaning i did not learn from the previous one.

On 10/30/2019 at 5:19 PM, teminalibug said:

Is there anything I can?

Thanks in advance.

most of chances your assets are gone because they said never other assets only deposit address for assets so you may contact with exchange they gave you some clear information regarding this issue. 

sorry to say bro your funds can't be recovery.

because yobit have successfully send your ltc.

but you can try on contact of your bitcoin address support.

i don't think it will be helpful. 

5 hours ago, sansmacron said:

Yes, you have lost your money. But it's very weird that your transaction  is having confirmations. I imagine it's a feature on the blockchain to write every movement on the chain, be it correct or wrong.

Maybe or maybe it was a trick from a hacker, i mean how could a BTC address work on LTC blockchain? Look at the picture below you can see there are two outputs, the other one has a BTC wallet the address that i mistakenly used, but there is also a mysterious LTC address in which  suspect the coins went, now whose address is that?

2027254345_Screenshot_2020-02-02LTCAddress3K58FRK6UTosR8CTEYnWKo7GW9E3G485UyBlockCypher.thumb.png.b60656f45c4b7529fcad940e2343277c.png

I am sorry to say that no one can do any thing in this problem . You send your LTC to anther address and it the transaction take confirm. Be careful next time.

Try to contact our support team. They may be able to help you, but unfortunately I think this is not possible

You must verify the address before any transfer so that you do not lose your money so easily

I am checking the address before I send

There are many answeredabout this. You visit the yobit support manager and contact to them. May they transfer the transaction money.

On 2/2/2020 at 5:09 PM, sansmacron said:

Very interesting. It could be that on cryptoworld the currencies are never lost but conserved!!! It could be a hacker but also the same blockchain. It takes your money which it's saved in some 'special' fund. Is it so difficult to warn to owner about the wrong address and reverse the transaction?  Uhmm.

yes i suspected that topo, ity vould be  hacker, i mean how could a BTC address work on LTC blockchain.

12 hours ago, Hamk said:

The coin will be sent to the address and when sent to will not be allowed to be reversed

I heard they can only be reversed if there is one or less confirmation, plus it is very expensive to reverse transaction.