What to do if sent LTC to BTC Address (Yobit.net) - Page 15 - Exchanges - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
teminalibug

What to do if sent LTC to BTC Address (Yobit.net)

I think this is a very fatal mistake because you won't get your LTC back if you send it through a wallet. However, if you send it via an exchange, try to contact the party from the exchange you are using, there is a possibility that the money transferred is still hanging.

• +1 1

You must commerce Yobit hold up and give reasons for them pardon? happened. It was your mix up with but they are the ones that canister stick this. I've seen other natives drive litecoin to bitcoin adress and they solved the trouble somehow, I don't retain greatly expertise consequently you must search on other forums about this

It can not be recovered back, I sure don't know if you contact support team, but saying from experience I had once, and that was how I lost my Cryptos never seen again.

Hmm this is a very strong one, but I guess there is no solution to this great problem but if there is is a great thing or a thing of joy as a lot of people may recover their lost

On 10/30/2019 at 4:59 PM, masterfocus said:

If you sent the money through a wallet, you lost your coins. Period. I'm sorry.

However, if you did through another exchange, there's a chance that the exchange will cancel the sending and you can recover your coins.

The exchange can only be eligible once the withdraw doesn't get into the blockchain transactions yet when they are doing manual review on your withdraw, so thats they can cancel it once you have requested and they still confirm it to blockchain network.  

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +2 1

7 hours ago, guatazoo said:

The exchange can only be eligible once the withdraw doesn't get into the blockchain transactions yet when they are doing manual review on your withdraw, so thats they can cancel it once you have requested and they still confirm it to blockchain network.  

This is good information  @guatazoo..  Till now i have thought  that if any coin transaction  get into wrong address  then we get lose the coin permanently ..  But exchange  strategy  maybe  cool if they  Check  this and cancel  withdrawl ??   First  time i heard that exchange  site care this.. 

• +1 1

Oh mate ! its a bad news you should be carefull while sending transaction, always check while deposit or sending, i had a rule that i always check the first four letter and last four letters of my address while any transaction i do. Because if you put wrong address or put other currency address and click click send button the transaction will happen and you can not do anything after that, your money lost forever, but in some coins if you put wrong coin address they will tell you, i don't know why but some exchanges have this feature, that if you put another currency address they do not accept them..

Hello friends, you can always try to contact its help but in my opinion LTC sent to a wrong address of BTC is lost forever.  So take care from now on.

On 10/30/2019 at 5:19 PM, teminalibug said:

I accidentally send my LTC to a bitcoin address, what to do here? and now i'm confused i went to ltc block exploer and i saw my trasnaction showing commfirtmations, did i read it wrong? https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/address/3K58FRK6UTosR8CTEYnWKo7GW9E3G485Uy/

did i just lose my money?

will it be returned back to my account?

Is there anything I can?

Thanks in advance.

A few days back I also made a mistake at yobit and send TRX address for deposit but the sender send me USDT at TRX address. So now I have lost my USDT and face gracious lost. But I have learned my lesson which was pretty expensive. After that I double check my transactions addresses and make sure is it the right one, do I sending not wrong. Not do immediately transactions but take time and then send it. So always make sure you have copied full or right address for transactions. 

If you have sent your ltc to wrong address you cant undo it because it. Is the security of cryptocurrencies that nobody can reverse the transaction.But still you can ask for yobit support

If you have sent your ltc to wrong address you cant undo it because it. Is the security of cryptocurrencies that nobody can reverse the transaction.But still you can ask for yobit support

They do head off to some place and you will require the private keys of that btc Address you enter, circumstance like this simply consider that you lost your coins. There is no simple method of getting it back. But you can try your luck

Try to contact our support team. They may be able to help you, but unfortunately I think this is not possible. You must verify the address before any transfer so that you do not lose your money so easily. I always check the address before I send.

In my opinion , you will feel so bad if you sent,they are lost forever and u will not get back your litecoin again as they have been lost to unsupported blockchain. And exchanges are also not responsible for this situation and they can't compensate your litecoin

Actually i have no idea about it. Really sorry i have no knowledge about this platform . But plz give me information about it. Thanks a lot . First you have to check the Address .

On 10/30/2019 at 12:19 PM, teminalibug said:

I accidentally send my LTC to a bitcoin address, what to do here? and now i'm confused i went to ltc block exploer and i saw my trasnaction showing commfirtmations, did i read it wrong? https://live.blockcypher.com/ltc/address/3K58FRK6UTosR8CTEYnWKo7GW9E3G485Uy/

Is there anything I can?

Thanks in advance.

Yes bro, did you get your coins back? I did the same thing - Binance to BlockFi. I got the Adress where the coins are, also Txid and all the receipts. Binance said they made a transaction i asked for ( however i guess they shouldn't send it if it was a different crypto adress ) and i am waiting for BlockFi to get back to me.  

Let me know how is your situation and if you have managed to get the private keys or whatever. I am fairly new to the market so i don't even get what people are advising ;]

My e-mail is christ.mideyah@yahoo.com

Edited by Szumi87

That's why you should use a good wallet for your coins,the very good wallet when you put the wrong address they,show the address in red and message telling you it’s wrong addres, you can always try to contact the support of yobit but in my opinion the ltc sent to a wrong address of btc are lost forever.....            

On 30/10/2019 at 1:19 PM, teminalibug said:

Is there anything I can?

Thanks in advance.

About this, the best advice I could offer you is to contact the support because even contacting the support doesn't guarantee you getting back your money. I hope you would anyways.

You will lose everything, it may happen and they will not be able to help you in the matter. You must be careful when conducting any transactions on any platform that this is your money you have to keep

I think that you should contact them and they will help you, but I think that it will require deducting fees and it will be a commission for the site, but I do not expect it will come back to you.

• +2 1

In case wrong wallet address yobit sucks, if you send your coins to a wrong address they would still go, but if you look up the transaction you would see it is switched to another address which is right for that transaction but it is not your address, makes me wonder who switched the address if not yobit themselves??!! In think it is yobit who should be contacted and they should explain why not just notify that the address in incorrect??

I think you will lose your money if you sent it to other address because every coin have their own address

I think and sorry to said that your money is now not yours it's owned by the new address that you send it to,we all do this mistake and learn from this. 

• +1 1

When you mistakenly send LTC to  a BTC address I think you end up losing your  coins because even before you sent there is usually a strict warning that sending a different coin to another address who will risk you losing your coin

when you mistakenly ship LTC to  a BTC deal with I suppose you come to be losing your  cash because even before you despatched there is usually a strict warning that sending an exclusive coin to any other deal with who will hazard you dropping your coin

On 4/2/2021 at 7:57 PM, selfmade said:

In case wrong wallet address yobit sucks, if you send your coins to a wrong address they would still go, but if you look up the transaction you would see it is switched to another address which is right for that transaction but it is not your address, makes me wonder who switched the address if not yobit themselves??!! In think it is yobit who should be contacted and they should explain why not just notify that the address in incorrect??

My friend you are right in all what you said and asked in your post, we just need to be extra careful everytime we want to make a transaction by checking the wallet address we may want to send funds to in order to avoid any inconveniences.