Hardware wallets and some specifications - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Hardware wallets and some specifications

I have talked about MultiSig wallet but did not talk about hardware wallets. One of the most secure wallet type is hardware wallets. It needs an investment to keep your coins safe. You can not just have all your coins in a web wallet or in exchange. Risk is higher. In the web wallets you can have a small amount of Bitcoin like you keep in your pocket money bag. You just do not keep everything in there. The Bank is for that. So, consider a hardware wallet as your Bank if you really need to use a mobile or online wallet. 

Anyway, there are a lot of Hardware wallets in the current market and I would like to list them here so that forum members can find a place to check the wallets when they are in need to buy one.

Ledger Nano S : I personally have one
Ledger Nano X 
Trezor One
Trezor T : I heard a lot of good thing about them
KeepKey

There are many more which I can not remember. Feel free to suggest me in the post.

Here is a short comparison between these wallets to help you.

c7UQHYh.png

• Useful or interesting 6
  • +1 1
  • +2 6
  • +3 4
  • +5 2

Indeed, I see that solid hardware-wallets are starting to become more popular than online wallets and are certainly safer than online wallets. But what I do not know about these wallets is that there is fee when you withdraw any coins like the online wallets or you pay only for buy the wallet?

8 minutes ago, Lilson said:

Now I came to know that hardware wallets as started to become more popular than online wallets and also more safe than online wallets. Please is there any transaction fee when you withdraw any coins from online wallets or when pay for buy the wallet? 

When you buy the hardware wallet, you pay the price for the wallet. The transaction fees for sending transactions are normal fees. When you buy a hardware wallet, you buy a piece of safety. If you're holding a large sum of coins, it's the best investment you can make

• Useful or interesting 1
  • +1 1
  • +2 1
  • +4 1

Hardware wallet is the most reliable, trusted and secured wallet. In hardware wallet,  your private keys are never exposed to your computer. The hardware is immune to computer viruses.  And most importantly, your hardware requires you to confirm a transaction on your device before any coins can be spent.

• +1 2
  • +2 1
  • +3 1

Hardware wallets are very much secured wallet in crypto world. they are very much useful for storing any asset for a long time . I would like to ledger nano s as hardware wallet.

• +2 1

On 11/7/2019 at 4:52 AM, Crypto123 said:

But what I do not know about these wallets is that there is fee when you withdraw any coins like the online wallets or you pay only for buy the wallet?

Dude, if you're paying a fee to withdraw coins from a wallet, you have no clue what you're doing.  And you're using a sucker wallet.

OP, I like your list but I didn't know the keepkey was considered 'heavy'.  I have one and don't think it's heavy at all.  Definitely heavier than the ledger but still not heavy. 

How can a hardware wallet not support ripple?  That trezor one must not sell that well, because it seems like ripple has become one of the hottest coins on the market. 

• +1 1

I have ever wanted to buy hardware awllet, because I think, that it`s the safest way of keeping crypto and many researches proved this. But it`s too expensive for me 

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Used 2 Ledger Nano S for few months and now both are sitting in the drawer. Display and buttons way too small. On top of it it is very buggy with the software messing up once in the while. Had to reinstall software on few occasions with fears of losing coins. I do not recommend it. If anyone wants to buy them let me know.

Edited by DyzHaz
spelling misstake :-)
  • +1 3

29 minutes ago, Suzan987 said:

I'm never use hardware wallets and i have no idea about this wallets.but,now i'm khow from your topic some good information about hardware wallets. 

If you want to save your crypto asset with high security then I suggest you to use hardware wallets. you can use lefger nano s as your hardware wallet.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Thank you very much for your information. i am using the ledger nano s wallet for storing my asset. this wallet is secured for storing huge amount.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

On 12/19/2019 at 8:13 PM, auiwrb4 said:

The hardware is immune to computer viruses.  And most importantly, your hardware requires you to confirm a transaction on your device before any coins can be spent.

Is it true? can you explain why? I'm planning to buy one. I late for the Black Friday sale and I hope there will be another discount shortly. Ledger nano s will be my target.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

BTC: 3PmWotSGNLYiQtQgmRctqAAWVMtAayf282

Hardware wallets are pretty safe wallets. But there are hardware wallets that are not free or free but have pro versions. If free ones works , It's sufficient. 

• +2 1

A hardware wallet is a special type of bitcoin wallet which stores the user's private keys in a secure hardware device.

They have major advantages over standard software wallets:

private keys are often stored in a protected area of a microcontroller, and cannot be transferred out of the device in plaintext

immune to computer viruses that steal from software wallets

can be used securely and interactively, private keys never need to touch potentially-vulnerable software

much of the time, the software is open source, allowing a user to validate the entire operation of the device

This page is an attempt to summarize all the known developments of hardware wallets that can use Bitcoin as part of their operation.

• +3 1

I'm cherishing myself about using a hardware wallet, it's definitely safer than online wallets and never someone else has a chance to hack your money, it's absolutely safe.

• +2 1

On 10/29/2019 at 8:23 PM, xBDT Script said:

Anyway, there are a lot of Hardware wallets in the current market and I would like to list them here so that forum members can find a place to check the wallets when they are in need to buy one.

Ledger Nano S : I personally have one
Ledger Nano X 
Trezor One
Trezor T : I heard a lot of good thing about them
KeepKey

There are many more which I can not remember. Feel free to suggest me in the post.

Here is a short comparison between these wallets to help you.

Since you already own one hardware wallet, I want to ask you some questions about it.

1 - Is it like a USB flash drive? Do you connect and safely removing it like a USB?

2 - How many coins or how much of each coin you can store in it? Is there any limitation? For example, can you store 1000 BTC in it?

3 - Does it support all types of coins or just popular coins?

4 - Is it as user friendly as Electrum to work with Ledger?

I think the answer to above questions can be useful for most members like me who think about buying a cold wallet.

• +1 1
  • +2 1

Many thanks for your sharing. I am using the Ledger Nano S, it is extremely good and its parameters I just grasped it, I did not pay much attention. hardware wallets are very secure please use them

• +2 1

Ledger and nano is good option for new people since it's friendly to use and cheap rather than another hardware wallet, Really recommend to use hardware wallet guys since it's more safe rather than third party wallet.

• +1 1

On 12/11/2019 at 5:14 PM, Badman001 said:

Yaa ofcource hardware wallet is most secure and trusted wallet the security level to too high in hardware wallet 

I also think hardware wallets are much safe to use and i am using ledger nano x wallet to store any kind of crypto. the wallet is very much secured.

• +2 2

I have been using trust wallet for a long I have never heard of hardware wallets but with your above analysis I think it's great I will like to get one thanks

Thanks for these interesting information about wallets. i will learn more to choose one of them for using 😎.. Be safe and good luck..

they're the most encouraged pockets, the hardware pockets server all of the cause considering the fact that they are a ways the most cozy of all.pockets

This is one good informations mate. Thanks for sharing these specifications with us. Cause I will soon buy a hardware wallet. These are gonna be really useful to me.