Public key vs Private Key - Wallets - CryptoTalk.Org Jump to content
xBDT Script

Public key vs Private Key

We are very well known with all these words if we are a little knowledgeable on how cryptocurrency wallet works.

let me share the basic difference between this two concept.

What we generally understand-

Public Key- Our address

Private key- Key to unlock the address

Although the meaning are close to the actual concept but it's not exact meaning.

Public Key

Public Key is a key for encryption of data. Although we used it as our receiving address, it's in reality encrypt the data from blockchain for us. It is available to everyone

Private Key

Private key help us to decrypt the data for the Public Key. It helps decryption of data which has been encrypted to the Public key. Private key is secret to the Public key holder only.

• Useful or interesting 7
  • +1 2
  • +3 2

There is some little difference what I observed in my etherwallet is

You can know public by using private key.

You cannot able to find private key by using public key.

Hope you can understand what I meant these things.

• Useful or interesting 3
  • +1 1

Public key and private key cannot be compared, in the thread you explain the definition but in the title the placement of the word "VS" is like comparing.

Your explanation it's good sir, public key or often we call crypto address, where we need a public key for coin transactions. Private key is an encrypted password to open the door to our wallet.

• Useful or interesting 1

I'd like to add few more points. Public keys work in a similar way to your email address. When someone wants to send you cryptocurrency, they will send it to your public key. But Private keys are totally different thing. If your public keys are like an email address, then your private keys are like the password.

• Useful or interesting 2
  • +1 1

On 10/29/2019 at 6:48 PM, xBDT Script said:

We are very well known with all these words if we are a little knowledgeable on how cryptocurrency wallet works.

Public Key- Our address

Although the meaning are close to the actual concept but it's not exact meaning.

Public Key

Public Key is a key for encryption of data. Although we used it as our receiving address, it's in reality encrypt the data from blockchain for us. It is available to everyone

Private Key

Private key help us to decrypt the data for the Public Key. It helps decryption of data which has been encrypted to the Public key. Private key is secret to the Public key holder only.

oh i cant tell you how much i missed those quality content posts from this guy @xBDT Script because they are always informative and always help newbies know more about crypto, hope you never leave this forum bro.

• +1 1

Any one can see the condition or properties of the public key but only the owner can access the public with the private key. private key is a secured key which is very much important for a crypto trader.

• +1 1
  • +3 1

On 29.10.2019 at 19:48, xBDT Script said:

Public Key- Our address

Public Key

Private Key

In my opinion, the Public Key is the wallet address of a particular cryptocurrency for the Deposit. A Private key is the key to access the wallet help us to decrypt the data for the Public Key. It helps decryption of data which has been encrypted to the Public key. Private key is secret to the Public key holder only.

In my opinion, the Public Key is the wallet address of a particular cryptocurrency for the Deposit. A Private key is the key to access the wallet

• +1 1

I give the most importance to the private key between the public key and the private key because if using the public key anyone can easily hack your account and transfer your money, but if using a private key no one can easily do it.  The best.

• +1 1

Private key is very important things.This is our account main security options.We can not access our wallet account without private key.Another public key is not very important for us

• +1 1

Informative topic and i want to say private key must be private all time. public key is open to all but the private key is most secured key.

• +1 1

Educational subjects, as well as I, wish to state personal crucial should be personal in history. open public crucial is actually available to basically the actual personal crucial is actually the majority of guaranteed crucial.

• +1 1

Thank you for so clearly defining the definitions, to be honest, I did not quite understand the difference between closed and open, but your article helped to decide on this. I’ll come back often to your channel, you have interesting articles.

• +2 1

I think..

Private Key

In Private key, the same key (secret key) is used for encryption and decryption. In this key is symmetric because the only key is copy or share by another party to decrypt the cipher text. It is faster than the public key cryptography.

Public Key

In Public key, two keys are used one key is used for encryption and another key is used for decryption. One key (public key) is used for encrypt the plain text to convert it into cipher text and another key (private key) is used  receiver to decrypt the cipher text to read the message.

Thank you so much  everyone..

• +1 1

Thank you for this short reminder because a lot of users are confused with these two notions. So "Public key = adress" and "Private key = key of the adress".

Free $0.50 daily paid in Crypto -Here-
Free crypto and fresh news daily -Here-

2 days to profit -Here-

How funny as it may sound, many newbies don't know the importance of hiding a private key. Back few years ago when there was this ERC20 token airdrop frenzy you could see hundreds of private keys put in the google form spreadsheets and some people farmed these spreadsheets for private keys. Weird times.

But I think that you can see the status or features of an open key, but the owner of it can go to the open with a private key like this. I'll know very soon. General Chat Chat LoungThe non-public key can be a secure key which is surprisingly critical for crypto suppliers.

In Public key ,two keys used one key is used for encryption and another key is used for decryption .public keep is used for encrypt the plain text to converse it into cipher text and private me is used to decrypt the cipher text to read the message .the main difference between public key and private key is that the public key is used for data encryption while the private key is used for data decryption.

your privacy is your right safe your privay orelse someone will take away all your efforts earning never share your presonnel data publicly because tghere are many persons already waiting for some fools to do so, so that they earn easily by frauds

Thanks for sharing, it will be helpful for those who do not know much about these types of locks. Each type of lock will have different advantages. I prefer the private key and I'm using it too

thanks for your information. I just found out that the public key = address of a coin, because first I knew only the private key🤣

The public key and private key can't be looked at, in the string you clarify the definition yet in the title, the situation of "Versus" resembles contrasting. 
Your clarification's great sir, public key or regularly we call crypto address, where we need a public key for coin exchanges. The private key is an encoded secret key to open the entryway to our wallet.

• +1 1

Private keys are always better. I have a private key for my wallet. I feel more secure thanks to my private key, I am less cynical and worried about my wallet

Oh... And i was wondering why all these keys on Tronlike and why lol.

Thanks for sharing all the best bro.

But we can access the wallet with them all right? ......